1965 Dodge Dart 270 wagon

-
That turned out real pretty Ulf. Nothing wrong with the Cragars at all but I really like the clean look of the factory wheel covers and narrow white walls.
I wonder if these whitewalls would be better on factory rims? I think blackwalls would look great too!

You can't have too many Ulf. LOL

BeFunky-collage.jpg

After 3 weeks of rain and foggy weather the sun showed up. A trip around the lake in stunning colors of fall made our day!

The outside mirror on the drivers door always need to be adjusted after the door is closed. What do you guys do to prevent that?

20210926_174034.jpg

I usually just hit the ball of the mirror with Super Glue after it's adjusted the way I want. It stays until I accidentally bump the mirror. :)

Ulf, I think PP & R in OZ reproduces pretty much most, if not all, the weatherstripping, etc for the tailgate area. They also do the quarter glass weatherstrip as well, I believe.
PP & R? Australia, I take it. Have a website link? I know of Rubber Seals, but I'm wondering if you're referring to another supplier.

Thanks
Dan

The rear weatherstrip was toast! Are these being repopped?

View attachment 1715003830
Ulf, I know that PP&R was recommended to you, and that you said you checked but couldn't find anything on their site. (They are now defunct, apparently.) Did you find a repop? What was your resolution? And in particular... On my '63 Valiant V200 wagon, there is a rubber extrusion at the end of each tip that wraps a bit over the interior molding. I'm wondering if your wagon had those, and what you did about it.

Thanks
Dan

Last edited:
Ulf, I know that PP&R was recommended to you, and that you said you checked but couldn't find anything on their site. (They are now defunct, apparently.) Did you find a repop? What was your resolution? And in particular... On my '63 Valiant V200 wagon, there is a rubber extrusion at the end of each tip that wraps a bit over the interior molding. I'm wondering if your wagon had those, and what you did about it.

Thanks
Dan
I'm not quite sure what you mean! Can you shoot me a picture? Of cause, if I can help I will.

I'll see if I can make room and shoot a picture for you.
There's this stuff from Rubber Seals in Australia, but it doesn't have the rubber flaps that fold over the channel, or the flat section on the ends. They propose to make identical replacements by the end of next year, but I can't wait that long. I'm really interested to know what you did, before I go the Rubber Seals route.

Screenshot 2024-02-23 095335.png

I have the old one if you need it.
Thank you! But I have one in poor condition, much like the one you replaced.

Joe Suchy is looking for a good one so he can use it as a template to have it reproduced. He doesn't have anything at the moment.

I know someone in Australia repops them.

I think this must be Rubber Seals Australia - see post #568 in this thread. They have something that will work, but it's not a repop - those won't be available until the end of next year.

Thank you! But I have one in poor condition, much like the one you replaced.

Joe Suchy is looking for a good one so he can use it as a template to have it reproduced. He doesn't have anything at the moment.

I think this must be Rubber Seals Australia - see post #568 in this thread. They have something that will work, but it's not a repop - those won't be available until the end of next year.
I might give Joe a call. I could copy mine!

-
Back