1965 Dodge Dart Charger

-
I knocked off a little early today too Ulf. About polished myself to death on a pair of KB Hemi valve covers so I can relate to your pain! Of COURSE it has nothing to do with age ...... we're just working too hard is all. :-D

Have you sanded your fingerprints off yet?

I knocked off a little early today too Ulf. About polished myself to death on a pair of KB Hemi valve covers so I can relate to your pain! Of COURSE it has nothing to do with age ...... we're just working too hard is all. :-D

Have you sanded your fingerprints off yet?

Leanna! I'm not sure the fingers still there! At least that's the feeling!!:eek:ops:

But we'll see tonight!

This last wheel is insane!!:angry4::angry4:

So far I have put 4 hours and one fifth of the wheel is ready for 320 paper! Or grit as you called it. I wonder if there will be any wheel left at all!

I'm pretty sure that this wheel has been mounted at the back of the car.

The second spoke just took 3,5 hours!!!! I checked out the valves and they are NOS so that will work great.

What is the best way to protect the wheels centers with? Clear coat or something else? Any help is gladly appriciated. Thanks FABO:glasses7:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 510
Almost done with the fourth spoke but tris one is going to kill me!! I wish Leanna was closer! The spoke number four is just a joke!!!:evil:

While I was working I layed my eyes on some rear bumper sealer. On the outer ends on the rear bumper are one bracket on each side that holds the bumper to the body. On the inside there is one bolt that holds it in place. Between the bolt and the body there is some kind of sealer or putty so it wouldnt leak. Anyone knowing what it is and where to get it?

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 476
  • 002.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 471
  • 004.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 476
I was able to buy a NOS steering wheel last night. It's getting closer and closer.....:coffee2:

Attachments

• $(KGrHqR,!oIFD8m3td8PBR!gKU2Dvw~~60_57.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 460
Yea I would hit it with a urethane clear. It will protect it and make it easier to clean.

Ulf, look into your ability to get something called Shine Seal (apparently made by the same guy who produced Zoop Seal). From what I've heard about it, it'll help keep all that hard work protected.

The second spoke just took 3,5 hours!!!!

Have you considering mounting them on a car and spinning them? You should be able to save a considerable amount of elbow grease on the center hub, flat part of the spokes and the outer rim.

What about one of those polishing balls mounted in a drill for the spaces between the spokes?

Ulf, look into your ability to get something called Shine Seal (apparently made by the same guy who produced Zoop Seal). From what I've heard about it, it'll help keep all that hard work protected.

Leanna! Do you know where to buy that stuff? I can't order anything that's in a spraycan due to restrictions on the airmail. Surface with the last spray can took almost 3 month!!!

What would be the easiest way to buy it?

I don't know Ulf. I've never used it myself (I've got a buffer with compounds) but have heard good things for many years about its predecessor, Zoop Seal. I'm hoping someone with real experience will chime in here and set us all straight. :-D

I don't know Ulf. I've never used it myself (I've got a buffer with compounds) but have heard good things for many years about its predecessor, Zoop Seal. I'm hoping someone with real experience will chime in here and set us all straight. :-D

Thanks Leanna!

Here is a link to the company.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/pics-videos-buffet-149/750729-zoop-seal-no-more.html

They closed their business but there seems to be a new company representing this product instead. After looking at the pics the product seems magic!! :glasses7:

I will shoot them an email so I'll keep you updated.

I got a package today. It was an NOS lighter for 1965 Dart. It is in such a greta shape that even the manufacturers name shows, CASCO! Sweet.

Tonight I have done 320,400,600, 800 and 1200 grit. Tomorrow is the time for polishing!

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 417
  • 003.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 423
  • 002.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 401
  • 001.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 398
Yihaaa! Finally the centers is done! This one was insane! But it turned nice! The wheel nuts needs to be custom made! I checked the ones that I bought on Ebay. ´

"NOS wheel nuts, complete set as factory original" Well, those words need to be corrected as well as the nuts! I need to find a steel six corner piece in dimension 11/16" so I can make a new set and then have them rechromed.

Anyone ever made a new set? I would like to get some tips on how to fabricate them.

Yesterday I was able to get ahold of the guys at the chrome shop. They haven't started with the rims yet but after some arguing they will start on Monday. I sent them the rims in September of 2011 and they hade like 1000 excuses. In October last year they promised me the wheels before Christmas.!

Well, they didn't tell me which year!! :wack:

The tool to press the center to the rimis custom fabricated by my friend Bosse. He will make it back as it was. Can hardly wait to see how it will turn out. If I just can find a set of tires.........!

:coffee2:

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 408
Found a bag of front clips for the candy canes! I was lucky to find 10 of them but I need 14 of them. Anyone know if these are reproduced or where to find them NOS?

For the wheel lip mouldings I had four set of screws with #glue" on. Also found the bolt and nuts for the front and rear license plates.

The clips for the front upper fender mouldings are gone too. I just have these used ones. Anyone seen these reproduced?

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 386
  • 002.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 374
  • 003.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 367
  • 001.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 383
Hey Ulf, I scanned a pic of my dads 66 Cuda with the rare "Good Year Bluestreak" tires, wasn't sure where to post it but hope you don't mind i'll post it here, car looks awesome with them on....the tires are originals too, thought you might like it, pictures are from around 1990? :glasses7:

Attachments

• scan0004.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 370
  • scan0005.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 358
I think I read somewhere that the wheel molding screws were dipped in some kind of wax. I wish I had saved the info. tmm Here's some repops: http://www.megapartsusa.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MP-WOMS8017

tmm, I think you are right! I have read it some where! Thanks for the reminder. Letme know if you find the source!

Keith, your dad's car is so cool. Looks like it's right out of a magazine. tmm

I agree with you. Looks like it's out of Popular Mecanics from 1966. Awesome!

Today a friend got his container with three cars. I had two snowmobiles there. One for my kid with chromed skiis and the other one will be transferred to Norway.

In there was also a NOS license bracket. It seems like they were painted black for parts division and silver zink for assembly line production.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 353
  • 003.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 354
  • 002.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 356
After adding some more bolts and nuts this is how theengine looks today. I', getting closer. The tranny will be mounted within a month. Next week it will be tested to see that it is done right.

The carburator needs new finish. Jim Rhinehart recommended me to a carb guy in WA so we will see what he can do.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 335
  • 007.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 348
  • 008.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 320
  • 009.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 323
  • 010.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 341
I'm trying to round up all the parts for the tranny so it's ready when it arrives. Does anyone sell correct transmission steel cooler lines. I found these on JEG'S! Any input?

Attachments

• 965-YTC7204.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 296
-
Back