1965 Dodge Dart Charger

-
That's pretty cool! I like the other 65 Dart driving down the street in the backround. tmm

Discontinuity: when they start parking the yellow '65 Dart convertible, the car behind them is a blue '63 Valiant. Once they're in the space and start talking, the car behind them is something else, painted green, maybe a GM product.

Discontinuity: when they start parking the yellow '65 Dart convertible, the car behind them is a blue '63 Valiant. Once they're in the space and start talking, the car behind them is something else, painted green, maybe a GM product.

You're right! I never saw that!

I have another picture of a DartCharger that was used in the Lucy Show. Wonder if it could be the same car? Can't be that many DartChargers in the movie production!

Check out the wronmg gas cap. It's a chromeone and what I know of they were for export cars only!

Attachments

• 1965_Dodge_Dart_GT_in_Here's_Lucy,_TV_Series,_1968-1974_Ep__1-24.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 615
  • 1965_Dodge_Dart_GT_in_Here's_Lucy,_TV_Series,ep_2-9_.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 585
Check out the wronmg gas cap. It's a chromeone and what I know of they were for export cars only!

Don't know where that idea comes from. There are no domestic/export fuel caps called out in the parts catalogues. Most original-equipment caps were painted body colour, with a chrome or body-colour handle bar. Service replacement caps were chrome. There is also the possibility of locally-sourced caps on cars built outside North America.

Don't know where that idea comes from. There are no domestic/export fuel caps called out in the parts catalogues. Most original-equipment caps were painted body colour, with a chrome or body-colour handle bar. Service replacement caps were chrome. There is also the possibility of locally-sourced caps on cars built outside North America.

Dan! Years ago I was told that export cars only had the chrome gas cap. I have never heard anything else about it! I checked out the partsbook and it only shows chromed gas caps!!! I've seen painted ones as well. The one that was included with my convertible was painted yellow. But the question remains; was painted gas cap standard from factory or did the car come with chrome caps? Was it just differences between the plants or the lines?

Thanks for the input Dan. Your knowledge is amazing!

Last year I sentmy alternator to Plum Crazy Garage and today was the day when the package showed up.

Imust admit that the quality of the restoration is stunning! What a job they have done! Date coded Motorola resistors, red warning tag, right color on the center section. I mounted it on the engine and boy does it look good.

For all of you that need a quality job on your alternator including testing I can leave my best recommendation to this company. You can check them out at:

http://www.plumcrazygarage.com/

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 612
  • 002.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 584
  • 003.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 584
  • 004.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 605
  • 009.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 574
  • 008.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 591
  • 005.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 609
I checked out the partsbook and it only shows chromed gas caps!!!

Correct. Service replacement caps were chrome so that they could be installed immediately on a vehicle of any colour.

I've seen painted ones as well.

Original-equipment caps were painted body colour.

Last year I sentmy alternator to Plum Crazy Garage and today was the day when the package showed up.

Wow, it surely is beautiful! Do you have the correct black plastic insulator collar for the output stud? Some companies list this as "1960-up", which is wrong. There was no insulator as original equipment in '60. In '61 a rubber boot (p/n 2258 754) was supplied as factory equipment early in the model year, with a TSB advising of its availability for retrofitment, which slipped over the ring terminal on the end of the wire. The insulating collar showed up for '62 (p/n 2291 093) and replaced the previous rubber boot.

Correct. Service replacement caps were chrome so that they could be installed immediately on a vehicle of any colour.

Original-equipment caps were painted body colour.

Wow, it surely is beautiful! Do you have the correct black plastic insulator collar for the output stud? Some companies list this as "1960-up", which is wrong. There was no insulator as original equipment in '60. In '61 a rubber boot (p/n 2258 754) was supplied as factory equipment early in the model year, with a TSB advising of its availability for retrofitment, which slipped over the ring terminal on the end of the wire. The insulating collar showed up for '62 (p/n 2291 093) and replaced the previous rubber boot.

Dan! Is it this one you mean? Are they possible to buy new or reproduced? If so, what's the quality?

Attachments

• mn1138.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 555
Dan! Is it this one you mean? Are they possible to buy new or reproduced? If so, what's the quality?

Errrrrr…click the link in my post!
redbeard.gif

Thanks Dan! I will order today. Thanks.

Today I got a package from US consisting of one NOS steering wheel! The box was well wrapped.

The steering wheel is in mint condition. The structure on the wood(plastic) is in mint condition. The chromed arms are mint as well as the center cap. BUT, the plastic center is weird! I have never seen one like it. Anyone else? Can this center cap be for "fits all" Mopar cars?

:coffee2:

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 540
  • 004.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 533
  • 003.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 537
  • 002.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 527
  • 001.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 542
Looks like an over the counter steering wheel "package". Can you show pictures of the wood finger joints in the steering wheel.

Looks like an over the counter steering wheel "package". Can you show pictures of the wood finger joints in the steering wheel.

Here is some picture from the other angle. Hope it helps!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 517
  • 002.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 515
How about a picture of the very edge on the wood grip? It looks like there is a seam or mold mark on the edge? Don't remember seeing that on other wheels, however I have never seen an NOS one either.

Is there a part number on the center horn emblem Ulf? You are definetly gonna need a Dodge triad logo one for your car, that emblem is very interesting....never seen or heard of that before. Who knows, it could be a rare early prototype! LOL

How about a picture of the very edge on the wood grip? It looks like there is a seam or mold mark on the edge? Don't remember seeing that on other wheels, however I have never seen an NOS one either.

Is there a part number on the center horn emblem Ulf? You are definetly gonna need a Dodge triad logo one for your car, that emblem is very interesting....never seen or heard of that before. Who knows, it could be a rare early prototype! LOL

Keith! I checked and compared the NOS one with the steering wheel I have in my convertible and they are identical except for the plastic center in the dome!

I just need to figure out how to change them! I would need to have a used one to cut apart and see how I can replace the rivets! Any input?

Not a triad. It's called a Fratzog. Yes, I'm being serious. No, I'm not making this up.

Dan! I never heard of the name fratzog! First time ever! It's funny what you learn on this site!

I started last night to polish the wheel well mouldings. The front ones are NOS and will be great. The rear ones needs to be replaced. They look like they have been dragged on the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean!!!

Does anyone have a set of NOS rear ones for sale? I thought I should ask anyway!

Continued tonight to polish left front wheel well moulding.It turned out great! Tomorrow the other side will be done. And then it's only the rear ones.....!

:happy1::coffee2:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 428
  • 002.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 459
  • 003.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 453
  • 004.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 457
Will start to make up some of the paint splots on the front end. This big one was on the K-frame. The two white ones is on the lower control arms.

Have anyone else seen them before?

Attachments

• ICCA 030.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 408
  • Bild 018.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 424
  • Bild 001.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 405
The kick panels were in bad shape so I produced a new set today. I found some material with the same pattern on the backside and the same thickness!

I just need to adjust the curves. I almost forgot that before the paint procedure all parts that were painted gold needs to be ready too!

The last front wheel well moulding is done too. Looks mint! Wonder where the rear ones can be??

The painter Mikael called me yesterday and told me that the car is ready for primer now! I will bring a spare wheelthat has the same greenish primer and the undercarrige had.

I added the school bus yellow paint splot on the K-frame. Looks good!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 412
  • 002.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 405
  • 006.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 394
After searching for almost a year I was able to find a dip stick tube for an early 904 transmission. It seems that the early years 1964/1965 had a different tube and dip stick compare to later transmissions 1966 and up. The 1964 dip stick tube was painted gloss black compare to greenish finish on the 1965 tube.

There is a different angle on the early years and the dip stick is different too.

I glass beaded it and it will be sent off to US for new finish. It will be kind of greenish when it's done.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 394
  • 002.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 393
  • 003.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 379
After watching the torsion bars standing in a corner for over six months it was time to get it started. When I sprayed them with a big flow the dripps werenot like they suppose to be. Now all of the dripping paint is gone and the torsion bars are ready for an swedish assembly line paint boot!!!

I will hopefully get the paint on Thursday so it's almost there!

The drip markings on the bottom and the paint splots on the upper side.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 359
  • 004.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 354
  • 003.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 352
  • 002.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 366
Last year I was able to buy an NOS transmission oil pan for my904 tranny from Brad's NOS parts. When it arrived it showed some lite rust surface. From the beginning I was a little disappointed but after a while I was lucky to at least have found one in NOS condition.

My friend Emil who runs Metal Madness in Sikea, Sweden is a guru on metal work. You can check out his work at

www.metalmadness.eu

I called him and told him about the oilpan and the condition I wanted it to be.

- Dop it off and I'll see what I can do!

I did and today I was able to pick it up and man, I was blown away. This is how it should look! I'm more than satisfied about his work. Thanks Emil!

Now I just need to figure out a way to get spray can with cosmolene from US to Sweden!!

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 341
  • 004.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 349
All the plastic parts for the instrument cluster is packed and ready for new chrome. But what company should I use? The setup I have in my convertible was done by Special T Bill Paltrow and he did a great job but it took two years!!!!!!!

Any leads?

John! If you would like to do a list of all the colors and finish on different parts that would be sweet. I can probably help you out with some other stuff that not has been mentioned yet! I would sure love to have one!

I've gone through the suppliers of paint that Chrysler used. These are the manufacturers;

DuPont
RM Rinshed Mason Automotive color
PPG Ditzler

According to these paint chips documents the color were dark tan or dark gold. We need to find out this soon due to the paint job Mikael are doing for me!

The lower paint on the instrument panel as well as the inner roof line mouldings all were painted medium gold poly.

I know that he has gotten the right code for the medium gold poly so when he get's home from US I can ask him and let you know. He uses PPG.

The first coat were red primer. The second coat was a greenish primer and the body was dipped 22" in a bath tub. After this greenish primer the car was painted and the under carrige just recieved dust from the spray guns! I will get a picture of the greenish paint tomorrow.

When I glass beaded the body the clip on the inside of the drivers kick panel was damaged.

I have been searching for this clips for some time but found out today that I had one on a saved firewall!

It seems that the factory had a punched a hole where the clip was added and later some kind of locking stud was inserted.

After some cleaning it looked like new.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 304
  • 007.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 292
  • 008.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 320
  • 009.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 299
  • 010.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 308