1965 Dodge Dart Charger

-
Watching with interest from Downunder in Australia. Mate, you are doing an outstanding job!!!!
Wish there was something that I could do to help, but then you are getting some help from Don, Keith and Co. Lucky you have FABO blokes to help out. This will be an excellent restoration in the purest sense, in my opinion.
Keep up the great work
gary

The only ones I have ever seen have been silver in color. What kind of finish I don't know, just silver. Looks like what you already have. Mine, I blast them clean then spray clear coat to prevent corrosion. I know that won't work for your resto, but that's what I am used to seeing.
Dan

Where did you get that bracket for the ignition coil? I have the mount but I don't have that bracket thinga mabobber

The only ones I have ever seen have been silver in color. What kind of finish I don't know, just silver. Looks like what you already have. Mine, I blast them clean then spray clear coat to prevent corrosion. I know that won't work for your resto, but that's what I am used to seeing.
Dan

Was it more like bare natural or silver cad?

Where did you get that bracket for the ignition coil? I have the mount but I don't have that bracket thinga mabobber

I am confused...The picture shows the silver colored bracket. What is the mount you are refering too? This bracket is all I've ever seen as far as mounting a coil to the intake.
Dan

I am confused...The picture shows the silver colored bracket. What is the mount you are refering too? This bracket is all I've ever seen as far as mounting a coil to the intake.
Dan

This bracket is just glass beaded with Olivin sand. Loooks more like powder to me! But the result is absolutely the best.

Slantsixdan, you were right. After some invetigation I found out that the ignition coil bracket was silver cad from factory.
Did the rest of the clips, nuts and bolts tonight so the chassi can be put together complete. Took a good 2 hours to glass bead them. Can hardly wait to get them back so the body will be ready for paint in mid September.

View attachment 001.jpg

Started out to glue the aluminium fins to the valve cover. Did all the measuring so now they are in correct place. Will start to paint tomorrow. Yihaa....

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 630
  • 002.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 602
Dan
My coil does not mount to the intake it mounts on the passenger side inner fender. I will take a picture of it as soon as I get to the storage lot. it's like a plate, and another bracket slips in on one side and the other is screwed onto the plate, that's what I found under my hood at least

My coil does not mount to the intake it mounts on the passenger side inner fender. I will take a picture of it as soon as I get to the storage lot. it's like a plate, and another bracket slips in on one side and the other is screwed onto the plate, that's what I found under my hood at least

Gotcha.....I knew I was missing some part of that conversation....
Thanks for filling me in. That guy Ulf sure is doing a nice job with his restoration on that dart charger. I can't imagine the difficulties in finding parts being in Europe like he is. He must have some killer sources or a giant wallet or both!!!

I was wondering if anyone had a set of these braces for sale...Extras from somebodies excellent resto.....
Dan

Attachments

• manifold brackets.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 581
Hi Ulf ,
can you give me your cell phone number as PM , my friends will ride to Västeres and I would like to give them a gift for you.

regarts
Uli

Ok,after a tricky glass beading hour the first hood spring is in place. It sure take some time to get them ready. I had to dig through my hole stash of springs until I found ones with pattern on the inner ring. Usually they stuck and that's why the opening of the hood is not going so well. I guess it's thelack of grease. Wonder why car owners didn´t followed the instruction manual so this didn't happen?

View attachment 001.jpg

Ok,after a tricky glass beading hour the first hood spring is in place. It sure take some time to get them ready. I had to dig through my hole stash of springs until I found ones with pattern on the inner ring. Usually they stuck and that's why the opening of the hood is not going so well. I guess it's thelack of grease. Wonder why car owners didn´t followed the instruction manual so this didn't happen?
Funny just lastnight while re-installing my hood,I put anti-seeze on this area.LOL.It was makeing a horrible noise when closing the hood.I don,t think it,s ever had any type of lube in over 40yrs.Nice and smooth now.

Did the last hood spring and now they are in place exkl right side. Need to get the clip ring holding the hinge in place. But left side is done and looks nice. I even connected the bracket in the engine bay holding the hood springs in place.

Pettybludart, you're so right. I checked the ones on my 4 dr sedan and it needed some grease too but now they are smooth.

View attachment 002.jpg

View attachment 003.jpg

-
Back