1965 Dodge Dart Charger

-
Don! Thanks for the pie pan! I did some polishing on it and woila, I´m pretty sure that the red color is the same as the manufacturers plate I repoped years ago!

Check out the pictures! I will box it up and send it off to the screenprinting company tomorrow and we will see how it turns out!

Once again, hats off Don! :glasses7:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 680
  • 002.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 655
  • 003.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 638
Wow! That was quick! I think you're right about the color. Now you meed to findcsomeone to reproduce the aluminum tin

Don! Thanks for the pie pan! I did some polishing on it and woila, I´m pretty sure that the red color is the same as the manufacturers plate I repoped years ago!

Check out the pictures! I will box it up and send it off to the screenprinting company tomorrow and we will see how it turns out!

Once again, hats off Don! :glasses7:

Are you looking for that Charger 273 decal. If so I have one I'll sell. PM me

My air cleaner is missing the decal, but there is some heavy yellow glue left behind. I always wondered why that glue would be under the decal. Now it makes sense.

I'd be interested in one of your reproductions. I just ordered a decal from Classic, but I would rather have the correct setup, and I don't have the aluminum on which to apply the decal.

Wow! That was quick! I think you're right about the color. Now you need to find some one to reproduce the aluminum tin

Don! I think the package must have been transported by Boeings latest "Dreamliner" I was surprised that it vent so fast!

dart4forte! I have a new sticker on my air cleaner so I will use that one but thanks anyway!

John! No worries! I will save one for you! No glue included! LOL

Ok, my friend Johan showed up, the guy that bought my 65 Dart 270 sedan. We did find the chrome nut for the breather pipe so now that is completed!

Check!!

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 607
Does anyone know of a good source for getting the right finish on the aluminium carburator body? I have Googled it but just coming up to restoration shops! No one seems to get the finish done!! Dang!

:eek:ops:

Many carburetor refurbishing shops in North America can and do recolour carburetor bodies…not sure where you'd go in Sweden, though. You might wind up doing it yourself; the formal name was "chromate conversion coating" (see here) but many of the original formulas contained hideously toxic hexavalent chromium and so new formulations may contain trivalent chromium or no chromium at all. I don't know if or how this will affect your ability to get the same colour on the carburetor body as original. A major brand name of such coatings is Alodine. I'm also finding references to a PPG product, DX-503, see for example here (not very costly to buy, as it seems).

Everything about the pie pan is done. They'll start working on it on Monday next weeek. Check!

Now if I just could find the nut for the lid!!

:burnout:

Attachments

• skylt.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 566
Here's an origianl pie tin if your trying to match color.

Attachments

• Pie Tin I.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 551
  • Pie Tin IV.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 547
  • Pie Tin V.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 553
My friend Johan took his steering wheel cap apart and polished the center dome to absolutely mint condition. What a great work! That is the way to do it. Now I just need to find a center dome. I can use the NOS chrome around it but I need the plastic dome!

Attachments

• DSC_0228.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 524
My friend Johan took his steering wheel cap apart and polished the center dome to absolutely mint condition. What a great work! That is the way to do it. Now I just need to find a center dome. I can use the NOS chrome around it but I need the plastic dome!

Beautiful!

Here is more Pictures of his superb work! Awazing! Check out how he did the rivets! He will show up tomorrow and show me the result of his work. His steering wheel will be sweet. That's for sure!

Attachments

• RATTCE~1.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 469
  • Rattcentrum monterat ej nitat.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 485
  • Rattcentrum monterat&nitat.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 490
  • Rattcentrum nittillverkning_2.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 488
  • Rattcentrum nittillverning_1.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 488
I was working on the convertible and all of a sudden I found a nut the rear end cover. It seems to have had a red paint splot inside. This one also has a marking stamped. Any one else seen this Before?

Attachments

• DSC_0234.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 483
I was working on the convertible and all of a sudden I found a nut the rear end cover. It seems to have had a red paint splot inside. This one also has a marking stamped. Any one else seen this Before?

Idk, but its chewed up pretty good huh? Almost like someone used vice grips

Idk, but its chewed up pretty good huh? Almost like someone used vice grips

I think too! But it is the first time that I've seen the red paint splot! I checked the reference manual issued by ICCA and according to them the filler plug was marked with a red paint splot beginning in 1969 if the rear end had a sure-grip!

Any input?

I think too! But it is the first time that I've seen the red paint splot! I checked the reference manual issued by ICCA and according to them the filler plug was marked with a red paint splot beginning in 1969 if the rear end had a sure-grip!

Any input?

No info on my end. Sorry bud. You already know more than I do lol

I'm looking for a center cap for the early Wood grained steering wheels. Seriously pitting or cracking is ok as long as the center plastic emblem is in good shape.

Let me know what you got. Thanks FABO!

Attachments

• DSC_0227.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 441
I checked the clips for the front fender moulding. I need to find more of these. Does anyone know if these are beingr reproduced?

The clips that holds the parking brake wires is stamped steel. I'm guessing that they are not reproduced but does anyone having a coupleof NOS ones for sale?

Thanks FABO!

:glasses7:

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 429
  • 001.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 435
Back in 2009 while I was at the Nats I was lucky to find an NOS speedometer cable complete. I was so lucky since I knew it was going to be tricky and only NOS units has the rubber boot for the firewall included.

6 month ago I was able to buy a NOS 18 teeth speedometer gear for the tranmission and tire setup so today I thought it was time to put it together.

While I was on my way to add the gear I saw that the inside wire was gone!!!! Now I just need to find me a wire for it too!!

:banghead:

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 451
The inner cable will be easy. They come as a universal cut-to-length item. It won't be genuine Chrysler, but surely for a 100% hidden, never-seen part that won't matter, will it?

-
Back