Not open for further replies.

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
174   0   0
Contact seller
I've come to the sad conclusion I've got too many projects, not enough time and the old body doesn't really want to cooperate very well on certain things :banghead: . Yesterday,
I asked a really knowledgable bodyman/Mopar friend to really take a hard look at both my wagon and convertible and see which would be easiest to complete. He said by far the wagon is gonna be the easier to do since it is basically complete and needs hardly any body work whereas the convertible needs both quarters from the front of the wheel well back and is totally disassembled to a bare body shell (it's been sitting in bare metal in my garage for a more years than I care to remember). I have been collecting NOS and excellent used stuff for it and whatever I can use on the Dart wagon, I'll keep :thumleft:. Everything else will be up for sale or taken to the Nationals for sale. I will be taking inventory in the next couple of days and will update this thread with pics/prices of anything and everything that I can't use on the wagon. Feel free to PM me if you're looking for something specific from a 65 GT 'vert.

All the rear tail lamps,front head lamp bezels, hood lip trim and head lamp surround trim

Prices and shipping to 93013

Ian

Upper Fender, Door, 1/4 trim pieces and 1/4 transition pieces.
Center hood emblem, dart 1/4 letters, hood Dodge emblem.

PM me for prices and shipping to 79525.

I thought I'd try and update the thread even though I haven't had a chance to do any inventorying (hopefully Fri when I'm off).

The hood, fenders, doors and trunk lid were removed years ago and are in in dry storage in my basement. I have a member interested in doors.

Other than the windshield, all the door and quarter glass is present and in good shape.

Trim - pending an inventory, I most likely have spares of the fender, door, and quarter trim as well as hood trim, possibly extra candy canes and all the GT trunk lid trim. Some of the aluminum trim was re-done by Anobrite Trim in CA. I might have 2 sets of NOS hood center trim and hood DODGE trim. If only 1 set, it'll be going on the wagon. 2 members are interested in various trim.

Chrome - I had ALL the chrome trim and bumpers done by Frankford Plating in Philadelphia; it's all gorgeous and ready for a show car. I'll be using the front bumper and guards on the wagon. Wish there was some way of using the GT tail lights on the wagon as the bezels are absolutely gorgeous and pit-free and have been rebuilt with NOS lenses - yes they are simply gorgeous. IIRC the DART quarter panle and trunk letters were also done; I'll have to confirm that during the inventory.

Wiring - have the original under dash wiring in great shape with no burnt wiring or connectors. Also have the rear wiring, power top wiring and an Evans repro engine compartment harness. Hopefully that will work in the wagon or Barracuda.

Interior - have the buckets and convertible rear seat back and cushion. Also the dash which has been repainted (black). I also have new Legendary seat covers for all the seats as well as new door and quarter panels. Also have a NOS instrument cluster that would be correct for a convertible with power top or wagon with power rear window. Being NOS, the bezel, gauges and housing is absolutely gorgeous. I'm converting the wagon over to a 66 Barracuda dash, so I won't be using it. Got a NOS floor shifter but don't believe it's correct for a 65 Dart (sure it could be used though). I have some NOS console parts but can't remember exactly what.

All this is from memory. I have quite a bit more small stuff in my storage area that has to be inventoried. Again, anything I can use on my Dart wagon, I'll be keeping.

Thanks for looking; pictures most likely on Friday.

hello need front license plate holder would like 1 not bent or rusted. price, pic, and shipping to 44905 ohio thanks alot

hello need front license plate holder would like 1 not bent or rusted. price, pic, and shipping to 44905 ohio thanks alot

Thanks for asking about the front license plate holder. I will be using it along with the re-chromed front bumper on my 65 wagon as Virginia uses front plates.

I've come to the sad conclusion I've got too many projects, not enough time and the old body doesn't really want to cooperate very well on certain things :banghead: . Yesterday,
I asked a really knowledgable bodyman/Mopar friend to really take a hard look at both my wagon and convertible and see which would be easiest to complete. He said by far the wagon is gonna be the easier to do since it is basically complete and needs hardly any body work whereas the convertible needs both quarters from the front of the wheel well back and is totally disassembled to a bare body shell (it's been sitting in bare metal in my garage for a more years than I care to remember). I have been collecting NOS and excellent used stuff for it and whatever I can use on the Dart wagon, I'll keep :thumleft:. Everything else will be up for sale or taken to the Nationals for sale. I will be taking inventory in the next couple of days and will update this thread with pics/prices of anything and everything that I can't use on the wagon. Feel free to PM me if you're looking for something specific from a 65 GT 'vert.

Hi Dartman, I am in the market for a right fender and trunk lid for my 65. Do you have these available and how much would you have to have for them?

The top of fender trim (the long ones), top of door trim, quarter side window trim, all front and rear transition moldings and rear window snap molding are sold. I have a few duplicates of some of the fender and door trim left. PM me for what's left.

Sorry for my poor Spanish : Que necesita el emblema central o la que dice DODGE

Not sure what you would call it. But I need the metal piece that holds the hood latch ? Core support ?
The grill attaches to it, along with the hood latch. It runs vertical, just behind the grille.
I have one on my car, but it has a dent in it. Let me know if you have it, along with condition and price.
Thanks.

Not sure what you would call it. But I need the metal piece that holds the hood latch ? Core support ?
The grill attaches to it, along with the hood latch. It runs vertical, just behind the grille.
I have one on my car, but it has a dent in it. Let me know if you have it, along with condition and price.
Thanks.

I need CEnter hood emblem , thanks.

I will take a look after work tonight.

Thanks.

By the time I got home from work, it was already dark and with my storage area having no electricity . . . . I suspect it will be more of the same tomorrow; however I'm off Fri and Sat so I should be able to find and take a couple of pics.

I'm looking for the nipple off the end of the power steering control valve. Is the car power steering?

Here's a pic of what I need.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=295992

That's the 5/8th PS nipple. The 'vert I'm parting and my Dart wagon are both PS cars and have said nipple. The problem is I might have to use the Dart PS box in my 67 Charger (which is a PS car) as I think all I have for pumps are the ones with the large nipple on it. Let me inventory what I have as I don't want to cut myself short when I get ready to start the Charger.

By the time I got home from work, it was already dark and with my storage area having no electricity . . . . I suspect it will be more of the same tomorrow; however I'm off Fri and Sat so I should be able to find and take a couple of pics.

No worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back