1965 Plymouth Valiant 200 Wagon/ any interest???

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

cosgig

MoBro Inc.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Howdy all!!! Me and my son Ian were out and about last night looking at local Mopars for sale and I thought I would stop and check on a couple cars that I knew were still in hiding, awaiting my rescue. One car that has been waiting for me is this 1965 Valiant 200 station wagon. It's a 6 cylinder car with 3 on the tree and was driven from California to Michigan 2 years ago and parked in the field where it still sits today (well, as of last night!!) The price last year was $750.00 and I passed, but now after talking to the owner again this year, he would really like me to buy it do something with it. I'm not in a great position to bring another project home right now, but if the price comes down a little I may just bite.

So, my question is...Is anybody interested in this car if I bring it home. I won't be looking to make a killing on the car, but I will clean it up, get it running again and go through the brakes (one of them is locked up from sitting). I'm just trying to save another Mopar from a slow death sitting in the field, but I really don't want to be stuck with this car if there is no interest. I'd welcome any input as to the future of this car. It's really not a bad car and has potential, and I'd really like to see it out of there and in the hands of someone who is interested in it. How bout it all??? Thanks for any input received and thanks FABO, you all rock!!! Geof

100_0951.jpg

100_0952.jpg

100_0953.jpg

100_0954.jpg

I see it has a couple of hard-to-find options - the roof rack and rear window deflectors. I'd scoff it up and add it to my 65 collection if I was a little closer. Does it run, drive and stop?

Looks to be a mix of 64 and 65. Front clip and side trim is 65, but the tail lights and rear spear trim is 64. Looks to be a good car. Buy it, I love my wagon.

For the right price I am sure someone here will take it. Heck cheap enough I may consider it as it sits.

It would be cool to turn into a Canadian version of Waggin(2 door)maybe V8?4 speed?I miss the little bugger!

This car supposedly runs, although it has been sitting since it arrived in Michigan 2 years ago. The guy who owns it now is big into 48 Ford pickups and bought it from the broke and weary travelers, brought it home and parked it in the field where it sits today. I'm sure if i threw a battery in it she would fire right up. One of the front brakes is locked up from sitting, although it could probably be freed up with a little attention. If I can get him to come down on the price, I may just buy it and pass it along to someone here. The owner is going to pull it up to the parking lot by his shop and call me so's I can come and look it over real well before we talk turkey. I'll keep you all posted, Geof

Very nice find Geof, Wagons are different in many ways, 66 wagons have the 65 1/4's on them Commando66 Thats the way they did them I believe :read2:
I am loyal to my 66 Victoria Geof :-D, so if any money goes to a car it will be put on her.
The wagon looks to be loaded with all the goodies and would make a very nice wagon for some one. I am glad you posted it up here and get it to a good owner, well worth his price :cheers:

It appears to still have it's original "black plates" which would appeal to a California buyer/collector. And, so long as the corrosion isn't as bad as it looks in the pics, you should have no problem getting twice last years asking price on eBay, for a complete car.

I'm in no position to act on such a deal, or I'd snap it up in a heartbeat.

Memike, I know 66's have the early rear end. This car has 64(only) tail lights and spear trim. But has a 65 front clip. A 65 would have round tail lights.

I purchased the car sometime ago and parted it out. It was pretty rusted out. Jayson

Amazing what 2 years in Michigan can do, or maybe it was a NorCal mountain car instead of SoCal.

dang..i didnt check the date on the first post.. got all excited! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back