1965 valiant 100

-

moparjr

Reaction score
Hi, i am new to this,my dad just gave me my first project car,,,,,,at age 15 i think i am lucky....
Question is how do i convert to disc in front, and how do i measure the brake drums? is it from outside or actual drum:cheers:

To convert to disc you will need to decide first if you want to retain small bolt pattern or step up to large pattern. As far as drum size pull it and measure across the drum inside diameter. You will probably find it to be 9 inches. The 10 inchers are mostly only found on V8 cars.

so my dad says i can have his skinny n fat stock wheels if i go to big bolt pattern, this will allow me to keep my hubcaps.....so starting in front is what i want to do but not sure where to start.......did pull drum last night and came up w 9......

i enjoy this site,so much info for me its overwhelming....

To go with a large pattern on the front get spindles, lower ball joints, rotors, calipers. upper control arms from a 73 up A body. Then you will also need a disc proportioning valve and disc master cylinder for 1967 and up with a dual reservoir.

thanx for link, i will have bunch of questions.....lets start with what do i do with bottom arm and lower ball joint, what needs drilled or replaced...

sorry for the questions i just want my car done right..........and dad isnt sure......

thank you for the help

The lower control arm and lower ball joint are the same for big bolt pattern (5x4.5) and small bolt pattern (5x4). You will need to use the upper control arm from the 73+ disc brake car because of the larger upper ball joint.

The lower control arm and lower ball joint are the same for big bolt pattern (5x4.5) and small bolt pattern (5x4). You will need to use the upper control arm from the 73+ disc brake car because of the larger upper ball joint.

Or you can buy the adapter sleeves someone is selling on Ebay for like 50 dollars. I think I found them on a search for -mopar a body- and would be easier than changing the whole arm.

-
Back