Not open for further replies.

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
174   0   0
Contact seller
I've been holding on to these 14 inch Formula S hubcaps for the 65 Barracuda for quite a few years. In discussion with my son (who is getting the car), he wants to go in a different direction on the wheels. It took quite awhile to find these 4 hubcaps in this condition as they are 99% curb rash free!. That 1% is on one hubcap which does have a very small dent which I've tried to show in the last picture of the hubcaps. These 4 have the 65 logo center cap but could be used in 66 which had a different logo in the center cap. They're definitely not the 13 inch variety, which has the valve stem hole way down in the valley whereas the 14 inchers have them up on the ridge. Included with the 4 hubcaps are an extremely hard-to-find set of 10RH and 10LH NOS 2 inch lug nuts. Yes they are NOS, never been installed or out in the weather. You could expect to pay up to $100 for a 14 inch Formula S hubcap in this condition and if you could find a set of NOS special lug nuts, you could pay between $150 and $200 for a complete set. Price for these 4 extremely nice 65 style 14 inch Formula S hubcaps and the 20 NOS 2 inch lug nuts - $500 firm plus insured and well packed shipping from 22657. PayPal is fine if the fees are paid or a USPS Money Order works too. Any questions, more or close-up pictures, please drop me a PM.

Attachments

• 2015-02-11 14.24.02.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 477
  • 2015-02-11 14.24.11.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 424
  • 2015-02-11 14.24.17.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 400
  • 2015-02-11 14.24.25.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 424
  • 2015-02-11 14.24.31.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 385
  • 2015-02-11 14.24.43.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 391
  • 2015-02-11 14.32.07.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 383
  • 2015-02-11 14.32.22.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 382
I've had several PMs wanting to know if I would separate the NOS lug nuts and the hubcaps. It's not often hubcaps of this quality and NOS lug nuts show up as a package deal ready to install. I might separate them maybe later but not right now.

My dad bought a set of 4 NOS 1966 ones years ago, he paid $200 (what a deal :D) for them back in the day of Hemmings motor news before the interweb....he already has a NOS set on his car but I told him to buy them cause he will never find another set.....and ever since I have not even seen a single NOS 14" for sale.....yours are priced right and what a nice set! I would love to get the lug nuts by I have a feeling others are in line before me if you separate them...but let me know, dad's fish could use some nicer lugs.

Good luck :glasses7:

Don, for a Barracuda or a Valiant owner that must be the catch of the year. Good luck with sales.:glasses7:

Don- I think maybe the reflection of the lights may look like defects in the hubcaps- even though you carefully describe and show imperfections- it may be scaring off people...

Any questions, more or close-up pictures, please drop me a PM.

Gib - that may be true although in my initial post (see above), I will take any and all close-ups of anything a buyer needs to make an informed decision. A buyer sees a price of $500 firm and says I would really like to have them - let's offer half that as I had one member do. I do have them well packed in bubble wrap cushioned by foam but am more than willing to un-wrap for more pics if desired.

Gib - that may be true although in my initial post (see above), I will take any and all close-ups of anything a buyer needs to make an informed decision. A buyer sees a price of $500 firm and says I would really like to have them - let's offer half that as I had one member do. I do have them well packed in bubble wrap cushioned by foam but am more than willing to un-wrap for more pics if desired.

Don- I think your price is very fair
Can't tell you when I have ever seen a nice set of 4- hard to find one-
The lug nuts were impossible to find 40 years ago
If I weren't saving every extra nickel to build my garage at my new place I would snag them...

Don is a straight up guy. Bought some items from him and he is awesome to deal with. Very fair. If he describes it as good, believe him. Kinda glad he didn't tell me about this when I bought the set of lug nuts from him.

Thanks for the positive comments guys - I really appreciate it. For anyone thinking about these, I realize 5 bills is a pretty large amount at one time for hubcaps and lug nuts. I have in the past worked with a couple of members and taken payments over a couple of months and upon the final payment, shipped whatever it was.

Yes, I am taking payments on the hubcaps and NOS lug nuts! One more payment and they will be shipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back