1966 Dart flasher question.

-

ChazRam

1964 Valiant V200
Reaction score
Is there no 4 way flashers on a 66 Dart. Buying one and on checking the car out could not find a switch. Also, noticed both the fuel and temp gauges were not working. Could this be a circuit board on the back of the cluster or something else? Tank and pickup are new, thanks.
Chas.

Flashers and other safety items such as side markers started in '67. I think 4-way flashers were optional, but not standard on some of the earlier models....def. not the norm tho.

Is there no 4 way flashers on a 66 Dart. Buying one and on checking the car out could not find a switch. Also, noticed both the fuel and temp gauges were not working. Could this be a circuit board on the back of the cluster or something else? Tank and pickup are new, thanks.
Chas.
4 ways were a option on the 66's. You need to look for a switch and wiring to add one in. You may need to replace the cluster voltage regulator but before you do that ground the sender wire at the tank with the key on and if the wiring to the dash and all there are working the gauge will move to full. There are a lot of threads about gas gauge operation here.

regulator but before you do that ground the sender wire at the tank with the key on and if the wiring to the dash and all there are working the gauge will move to full. There are a lot of threads about gas gauge operation here
But only do so for a few seconds.

You can buy add-on 4 way hazard flasher kits if you want to add one. From 67-69, the hazard switch was on the dash. You could build that yourself if you can find one of those switches. "Good luck." The way it works is this:

With the column TS switch centered, the two rear turn/ stop lamps are connected, and are connected to the switched brake line coming from the brake switch. You also have the two front turn wires

The 67-69 switch has 4 terminals. None are interconnected when off, and all 4 are interconnected when on. You wire any terminal to the brake switch line going to the TS column switch, and wire any other two to the left and right front wires. Then you wire an "always hot" flasher to the 4th terminal. So when on the hazard flasher feeds "flash" power to the brake switch line, and to each front lamp

4 ways were a option on the 66's. You need to look for a switch and wiring to add one in. You may need to replace the cluster voltage regulator but before you do that ground the sender wire at the tank with the key on and if the wiring to the dash and all there are working the gauge will move to full. There are a lot of threads about gas gauge operation here.
Thank you. Not going to add one, just thought I was missing something.

You can buy add-on 4 way hazard flasher kits if you want to add one. From 67-69, the hazard switch was on the dash. You could build that yourself if you can find one of those switches. "Good luck." The way it works is this:

With the column TS switch centered, the two rear turn/ stop lamps are connected, and are connected to the switched brake line coming from the brake switch. You also have the two front turn wires

The 67-69 switch has 4 terminals. None are interconnected when off, and all 4 are interconnected when on. You wire any terminal to the brake switch line going to the TS column switch, and wire any other two to the left and right front wires. Then you wire an "always hot" flasher to the 4th terminal. So when on the hazard flasher feeds "flash" power to the brake switch line, and to each front lamp
Thanks, I will keep this in mind if I decide to add on the flashers. Going to leave it as is. Lots of other ires to put out lol.

To add 4 way flashers you only need 3 diodes, a flasher and a switch. Find a constant power source to hook the switch to. I put them on my 65 Barracuda.

I'm sure google has a wiring diagram if you want to hook them up.

To add 4 way flashers you only need 3 diodes, a flasher and a switch. Find a constant power source to hook the switch to. I put them on my 65 Barracuda.

I'm sure google has a wiring diagram if you want to hook them up.
You can................Path is hot power source............fuse....switch....flasher...........diodes.......to signals

At the flasher, connect three diodes at the "arrow" marked end, with the cathode, the BANDED end toward the lamps. Three diodes. One to left front, one to right front, and one to the brake switch wire leading to the TS switch. I would use 5A or so diodes, 25V or 50V or higher PIV

As for the temp & fuel gauges: the back of the gauge panel is the circuit board for all gauges. There is a large round plug that plugs into the gauges. There are pins that correspond with the plug. These pins have copper paths to each separate gauge. More than likely there is a break in the copper from the fuel gauge and temp gauge to the corresponding pins. These breaks can easily be repaired by carefully soldering.

If you're looking to find a factory setup, this is what it looks like....it's not for sale though! :)

flasheroption.jpg

-
Back