1966 Dart GT-it begins

-
Went and got my tires mounted. Man those 295/60,15s looked wide and despite measuring I worried coming home.

IMG_7378.jpeg

IMG_7377.jpeg

Those looks awesome! I love tall wide tires on these little early A's. Hopefully you can take them on/off without too much effort. That's the problem I have with 315/60's on my '66. They sure look good though.

Those looks awesome! I love tall wide tires on these little early A's. Hopefully you can take them on/off without too much effort. That's the problem I have with 315/60's on my '66. They sure look good though.
I am about to make some rigid wheel cribs to I can set them up and check clearance for ride height so I can measure for a new 9” rear end. I have the QA1 rear coil
Over set up to mock up except for pinion angle. Figure with tall cribs I can drop it down while still on rotisserie to get weight on suspension. Same with the HDK front setup. Need to get weight on it after rebuilding the door hinges so I can hang them and fender to check body lines and start body work. Considering just seam sealing and spraying black epoxy over the red epoxy for the bottom side. Should be good enough for a fair weather street car in dry arizona.

This is the height where the tire hits in the tub. How much vertical suspension travel is needed?

IMG_7379.jpeg

if you're minitubbing anyway you may as well cut the outer half free from the 1/4 panel and move it all up. then your pic could be ride height before any suspension movement :thumbsup: .
neil.

Got a grill! A few small things to correct but it sure beats the one I had. The bezels are rough shape but mine are pretty good.

Altered my brake pedal for new Mopar cover. Made the curved plate for the gas pedal too but haven’t finished how I will mount to the “stem”.

IMG_7432.jpeg

IMG_7433.jpeg

IMG_7435.jpeg

IMG_7434.jpeg

IMG_7431.jpeg

IMG_7405.jpeg

Seam sealing with 3m 8368 inside and out.

Now when it comes to panel skin over the core (doors, trunk etc), where the quarter meets the rocker behind the door and the rain gutters…what product should I be using? Thanks

IMG_7489.jpeg

IMG_7492.jpeg

IMG_7491.jpeg

IMG_7490.jpeg

Got the underside covered with black SPI epoxy so the underside is done

IMG_7503.jpeg

Did a small metal patch n the top of a fender yesterday that was exposed when blasting. Need to find some smaller projects to work on that can be done in the air conditioned side of the shop. Things are hot!

Did get my wheels. Tires arrive today. Need them ready for when I can get some interior blasting done and the remaining epoxy laid so I can mock up suspension, measure for the new rear diff and let the car bear weight.

View attachment 1716114010

View attachment 1716114012

View attachment 1716114013
I don't know how you get anything done in that heat, your lows are hotter than our high temps.

Should have the engine compartment, enclosed cowl and front end in black epoxy today.

IMG_7553.jpeg

IMG_7554.jpeg

I will be using a Painless wiring harness. 1 1/4” hole on far driver’s side and run along the inner fender as the original was. Likely drill and grommet a hidden hole near center for the engine specific wires. Will try for a very clean look.

Wind picked up. As did swathing the field across the creek so no spraying today. Remembered I wanted to smooth out the visible frame rail tops.

Much respect to body shop guys!

IMG_7557.jpeg

IMG_7556.jpeg

IMG_7555.jpeg

About the grill , this was my original grill it took a bird strike to the Drivers side outer section years ago . So on this redo I was able to push it out by hand to get to line up with the center section . The black paint is over etching primer , the silver paint matches the Rally wheels . I used Chrome paint around the headlight . I'm still putting it back together after paint .

IMG_1549.jpeg

Last edited:
Just more random stuff. Need to clean up some things.

If someone is doing and Oem restore and wants the plastic inspection card pop riveted to the glove box door, let me know. One corner chipped but removed without further damage when I drilled the rivets.

IMG_7592.jpeg

IMG_7591.jpeg

IMG_7590.jpeg

IMG_7579.jpeg

IMG_7578.jpeg

IMG_7576.jpeg

IMG_7597.jpeg

-
Back