1966 Dodge Dart

-
Just an update on where Im at. first to Rusty's questions, As for the mini tubs, yes 3" which moved the inside right against the frame. As for the tires yes 295/50R15 on 10" rims with 6.5 bs. as for the rear end perches they move the same 3" as the springs moved. I didnt weld them on until I sat the rear in place and measured to center it inside the wheel wells plus made sure of the angle. And if I remember correctly my spring relocation kit came with new perches how ever you could clean and re use your old ones if you need to.
Now Ive made some progress in the last few weeks. Ive finally gotten the fuel lines underneath done and run up into the engine compartment. I tried to keep the running clean and looking good.

I used a double wall shrink wrap tube for protection going thru the frame.
View attachment 1714873466

Then when going up the front engine compartment near the headers I used this heatwrap around the fuel lines.
View attachment 1714873467

Here you can see I ran the lines inside the frame connectors.
View attachment 1714873468

This last pic shows how I had to loop the return line back into the tank because of rear shock mounts.
View attachment 1714873469

Also I was able to make the rear bracket that will house my emergency cutout switch, 2nd solenoid and the fuel pump relay.
View attachment 1714873472

View attachment 1714873473

And lastly I mounted the radiator over flow. I didnt like this tank at first but I think its going to look really good mounted. I made my bracket from some aluminum c channel and notched out some of the one side to clear the radiator support wall that is not flat.

View attachment 1714873474
View attachment 1714873475
View attachment 1714873476

Hoping to get out tomorrow and do a little more but last week I bought another tractor to clean snow with and Im in the process of getting the plowing lights and cab mounted and wired up and completed.

Rod
Hey Rod....Im also running the 295/50/15s on my Dart..Im trying to figure out what tires gonna fit on the front without rubbing the fenders...what size are you running?

Currently I have 155/80R15's. My torsion bars are only 1 turn after they touched so I will need to go up a little more as my tires do slightly rub on a sharp turn. I have not had the car on the road yet just in and out of the garage to turn it around. Im actually thinking about maybe going to a 14" tire and wheel but I will wait and see how it is once on the road.
Rod

Currently I have 155/80R15's. My torsion bars are only 1 turn after they touched so I will need to go up a little more as my tires do slightly rub on a sharp turn. I have not had the car on the road yet just in and out of the garage to turn it around. Im actually thinking about maybe going to a 14" tire and wheel but I will wait and see how it is once on the road.
Rod
Yeah I am running a Gerst front suspension and I was thinking about running a 205/75R15 but I think that gonna rub when turning...its hard to figure it out...hate to buy the tire and find out its not gonna work out..

Rod
I know a local guy you can get tires from. :poke:
Hey, buying an 03 neon. Has one mismatched tire. So probably looking for a pair of Hankooks. That's what the other 3 are.

Dragnut, Once I turn the torsion bars up just a little I dont think mine will rub. Again I am way to low but wanted to get car finished to see what it looks like with the most rake!
Rod

Heres the latest update, i finally put the trunk seal in place and glued it down. I used the 3m black weatherstrip and it worked out well. I had to be careful not to smear it and since it was a brand new tube it wasnt real stringy.
DSCN1025.JPG

If anyone can tell me how the jack assembly is suppose to go in I would really appreciate it. Right now I just have the parts sitting there.
Now I also painted the rear bumper brackets and installed the rear bumper. I used all new hardware. Very happy with the rear bumper installation. Cant wait to see it in the sun light!
P1012557.JPG
P1012565.JPG

I still think I can have this ready for road by April 1st!
Thanks for following.
Rod

Heres the latest update, i finally put the trunk seal in place and glued it down. I used the 3m black weatherstrip and it worked out well. I had to be careful not to smear it and since it was a brand new tube it wasnt real stringy.
View attachment 1715285509
If anyone can tell me how the jack assembly is suppose to go in I would really appreciate it. Right now I just have the parts sitting there.
Now I also painted the rear bumper brackets and installed the rear bumper. I used all new hardware. Very happy with the rear bumper installation. Cant wait to see it in the sun light!
View attachment 1715285510 View attachment 1715285511
I still think I can have this ready for road by April 1st!
Thanks for following.
Rod

Very Nice. sgrip65

Just a quick update, First I went to put the front bumper on and I found the tabs that are part of the front bumper had been ground off so there was no way to mount the parking lights. So I had to send the bumper back to California and they will send me another one in about 2 weeks. They had just started the chroming of the one I gave them as a trade core. Of course they wouldnt cover the return shipping cost so I had to eat the shipping back to them. The total cost including insurance for $600 was only $55. I was expecting more and that was fedex. So Ive been spending time getting the passenger door window/regulator back in and putting the door jamb seal in. Once I put the door lock and handle on and went to close the door it no longer would latch shut. I spent about 3 hours on Saturday before I had moved the seal lip in some and re adjusted the door latch assembly. Then I spent another 3 hours trying to get the window regulator in the correct location so the top of the window would be parallel to the top door trim and at tthe same time mate up with the rear window. Well I gave up on saturday and went back at it on Sunday morning. I dont know what changed but the first attempt on Sunday everything fell in line perfectly. I installed the door panel and window cranks. And it was time to move on to the next part of the job. This is the console and the first thing I ran into was I couldnt find the shifter lens assembly for the console. I went and put everything else together and this morning I put a post on the wanted forum to see if anyone had one. I then went to ebay and found one and when I saw what it looked like I decided to take another look tonight for it as I was sure I had one somewhere. Well I found it in my shifter box that was in the throw away pile as I thought it was just left over stuff. So I put it together tonight and I had to make a sleeve to help close the slot up for my aftermarket shifter. I went to Ace and I found a door sweep and made the sleeve for my shifter slot. You will see it in the pics I post at the end of this post. The last thing I did tonight was to start polishing the door jamb trim that goes on the inside of the car at the bottom. I took a pic of the one I am polishing against the one that is not polished. What a difference. Well that should bring you up to date and hopefully I can continue to post an almost daily progress report. April 1st is coming fast.
Thanks Rod.
Carpet glued onto the console. Will do the other side tomorrow.
DSCN1035.JPG

Below is the door sweep I bought to make my shifter slot brush. I glue on of these sections on both sides of the slot the shifter will come through.
DSCN1038.JPG

Below is the sweeps glued in place.
DSCN1040.JPG

I painted the console plates a few weeks ago.
DSCN1042.JPG

The shifter lens with light piped into the back. Should work out well.
DSCN1043.JPG

This is the buffer I purchased from eastwood. Its been a life saver when it comes to buffing and polishing. Makes things much easier however this is a time consuming job.
DSCN1047.JPG

The lower door jam trim. You can see the big difference between the parts in progress.
DSCN1048.JPG

This is the lens assembly with everything put back together. You can see how bad of a beating my hand took from working inside the doors putting the regulators and windows back in!
DSCN1052.JPG

DSCN1054.JPG

Last edited:
Just a quick update, First I went to put the front bumper on and I found the tabs that are part of the front bumper had been ground off so there was no way to mount the parking lights. So I had to send the bumper back to California and they will send me another one in about 2 weeks. They had just started the chroming of the one I gave them as a trade core. Of course they wouldnt cover the return shipping cost so I had to eat the shipping back to them. The total cost including insurance for $600 was only $55. I was expecting more and that was fedex. So Ive been spending time getting the passenger door window/regulator back in and putting the door jamb seal in. Once I put the door lock and handle on and went to close the door it no longer would latch shut. I spent about 3 hours on Saturday before I had moved the seal lip in some and re adjusted the door latch assembly. Then I spent another 3 hours trying to get the window regulator in the correct location so the top of the window would be parallel to the top door trim and at tthe same time mate up with the rear window. Well I gave up on saturday and went back at it on Sunday morning. I dont know what changed but the first attempt on Sunday everything fell in line perfectly. I installed the door panel and window cranks. And it was time to move on to the next part of the job. This is the console and the first thing I ran into was I couldnt find the shifter lens assembly for the console. I went and put everything else together and this morning I put a post on the wanted forum to see if anyone had one. I then went to ebay and found one and when I saw what it looked like I decided to take another look tonight for it as I was sure I had one somewhere. Well I found it in my shifter box that was in the throw away pile as I thought it was just left over stuff. So I put it together tonight and I had to make a sleeve to help close the slot up for my aftermarket shifter. I went to Ace and I found a door sweep and made the sleeve for my shifter slot. You will see it in the pics I post at the end of this post. The last thing I did tonight was to start polishing the door jamb trim that goes on the inside of the car at the bottom. I took a pic of the one I am polishing against the one that is not polished. What a difference. Well that should bring you up to date and hopefully I can continue to post an almost daily progress report. April 1st is coming fast.
Thanks Rod.
Carpet glued onto the console. Will do the other side tomorrow.
View attachment 1715289213
Below is the door sweep I bought to make my shifter slot brush. I glue on of these sections on both sides of the slot the shifter will come through. View attachment 1715289214
Below is the sweeps glued in place. View attachment 1715289215
I painted the console plates a few weeks ago. View attachment 1715289216
The shifter lens with light piped into the back. Should work out well. View attachment 1715289217
This is the buffer I purchased from eastwood. Its been a life saver when it comes to buffing and polishing. Makes things much easier however this is a time consuming job. View attachment 1715289218
The lower door jam trim. You can see the big difference between the parts in progress. View attachment 1715289219
This is the lens assembly with everything put back together. You can see how bad of a beating my hand took from working inside the doors putting the regulators and windows back in! View attachment 1715289220
View attachment 1715289232

Rod. A better mousetrap......I like your door sweep idea. April 1st....Looks like you will make it. Great looking all around. Best. sgrip65 (Jerry)

A weekend update:
I wanted to get something done that i could see change. Sometimes you work and work on something and if you dont get it completed you get frustrated and walk away for a while. This weekend I wanted to see interior change so I decided to install the console and complete the passenger side of the car. When I put the console in it was hard to get the front screws started and once it was all bolted down I found that the shifter didnt operate correctly. I found the shifter indicator assembly was hitting the cable linkage of the shifter so I had to remove the console again and cut the light housing section of the assembly off for clearance. Now there will be no lighted shifter selection which really wont matter because the shifter is no where close to being correct. Here are pics of what i cut.
DSCN1070.JPG
DSCN1069.JPG
Once I cut that section off the shifter works fine. Hated to do it but was the only way it was going to work.
Now back in with the screws and bolts to secure it in place. Heres the pic of the console in place, bolted down with a functioning shifter.
DSCN1072.JPG
DSCN1074.JPG
I also got the carpet cut to fit on the passenger side, Installed my custom made aluminum kick panels and installed the trim at the bottom of the door on the interior side. That was hard to get bolted in as with the new carpet, the sound deadening material it didnt fit well. I polished both the trim and the kick panel because the aluminum I used to make the panel was really corroded with something on it. Im really happy with the kick panel as it looks good.
DSCN1079.JPG
DSCN1083.JPG

It doesnt look like a lot got done but it took quite some time to get all that done. I also put the nuts on the bottom of the upper vent bezels up under the dash And I put the door jamb switches in and hooked them up. Of course the light didnt work and when I check the bulb it was burnt out. The only place on a Sunday to get a bulb was Advanced Auto and I dont like buying form them but I paid $6.35 for 2 bulbs that would have probably cost $2 at Napa! Oh well I wanted the light to work! Tomorrow night I hope to hook up the heater controls and later this week put the passenger seat in the car.
Things are moving in a good direction!
Thanks for following,
Rod

A weekend update:
I wanted to get something done that i could see change. Sometimes you work and work on something and if you dont get it completed you get frustrated and walk away for a while. This weekend I wanted to see interior change so I decided to install the console and complete the passenger side of the car. When I put the console in it was hard to get the front screws started and once it was all bolted down I found that the shifter didnt operate correctly. I found the shifter indicator assembly was hitting the cable linkage of the shifter so I had to remove the console again and cut the light housing section of the assembly off for clearance. Now there will be no lighted shifter selection which really wont matter because the shifter is no where close to being correct. Here are pics of what i cut.
View attachment 1715290932 View attachment 1715290933Once I cut that section off the shifter works fine. Hated to do it but was the only way it was going to work.
Now back in with the screws and bolts to secure it in place. Heres the pic of the console in place, bolted down with a functioning shifter.
View attachment 1715290934 View attachment 1715290935 I also got the carpet cut to fit on the passenger side, Installed my custom made aluminum kick panels and installed the trim at the bottom of the door on the interior side. That was hard to get bolted in as with the new carpet, the sound deadening material it didnt fit well. I polished both the trim and the kick panel because the aluminum I used to make the panel was really corroded with something on it. Im really happy with the kick panel as it looks good.
View attachment 1715290937 View attachment 1715290939
It doesnt look like a lot got done but it took quite some time to get all that done. I also put the nuts on the bottom of the upper vent bezels up under the dash And I put the door jamb switches in and hooked them up. Of course the light didnt work and when I check the bulb it was burnt out. The only place on a Sunday to get a bulb was Advanced Auto and I dont like buying form them but I paid $6.35 for 2 bulbs that would have probably cost $2 at Napa! Oh well I wanted the light to work! Tomorrow night I hope to hook up the heater controls and later this week put the passenger seat in the car.
Thanks for following,
Rod

Hi Rod. Is that your Richard Petty signature on the glove box? Sweet. All work looking very nice.....wish I was that far along with my 65. sgrip65

Sgrip65, yes that is much Richard Petty autographed glove box. Also on the glove box is Don Garlits autograph. Cant get any more Mopar then those 2!!!
Always remember, your car will get to this stage of the completion project and then you will get er done!! I couldntbwait tonight to this point and now I'm getting close. Its exciting. Thanks for the complements.
Rod

Got a couple things done and a couple more things are prepped and ready for parts to arrive so I can finish them off. On Monday I went out and put the heater control cables in place along with the defroster tubes. Doesnt sound like much but it was quite a job.
Then I decided I need to finish the radio install so I checked for room to install the speaker plate I had bought a long time ago that will hold a pair of 3.5" speakers up under the dash where the original speaker was mounted. The plate fit great however the new speakers I ordered have a cone that sticks above the mounting flat so I had to make some adapters that would allow for this. I took two 5/16" bolts and drilled them so I could tap them to 10-24".
DSCN1091.JPG

DSCN1086.JPG
Then I cut the heads off them and cut a slot for a straight blade screw driver so I can tighten them onto the original mounting studs. This will give me a longer post to mount the speakers so the cone will not get pinched onto the dash. Before I can mount the plate I need to open the old holes for mounting from the clearnace for the 10-24 to the new 5/16 studs.
DSCN1087.JPG

DSCN1088.JPG
DSCN1088.JPG

DSCN1089.JPG

Now I needed to make sure the plate was going to fit on the new studs.
DSCN1092.JPG

Once the speakers are mounted I will put a nut and washer on the stud first then the plate with speakers and wiring, then another washer and nut to lock the plate into position. As for rear speakers At this point I am going to just use velcrow to hold the speakers to the rear floor.
DSCN1095.JPG

Im not in love with this but will work until I have a better idea.
I ordered a pair of Rockford Fosgate 6x9 speakers for the rear and a pair of 3.5" Rockford Fosgate speakers for the front. I talked it over with a tech rep from Crutchfield because I know nothing about radios. I told him the car would be loud so I want something that will make good Country Music on my radio! I also ordered a hidden antenna which Im nervous about because Ive read both good and bad reviews about them, but since I removed the original antenna when I did the body work I dont have a choice. Parts should be here by Friday so this weekend I will complete that and scratch it off the list.
Rod

Got a couple things done and a couple more things are prepped and ready for parts to arrive so I can finish them off. On Monday I went out and put the heater control cables in place along with the defroster tubes. Doesnt sound like much but it was quite a job.
Then I decided I need to finish the radio install so I checked for room to install the speaker plate I had bought a long time ago that will hold a pair of 3.5" speakers up under the dash where the original speaker was mounted. The plate fit great however the new speakers I ordered have a cone that sticks above the mounting flat so I had to make some adapters that would allow for this. I took two 5/16" bolts and drilled them so I could tap them to 10-24".
View attachment 1715292273
View attachment 1715292269Then I cut the heads off them and cut a slot for a straight blade screw driver so I can tighten them onto the original mounting studs. This will give me a longer post to mount the speakers so the cone will not get pinched onto the dash. Before I can mount the plate I need to open the old holes for mounting from the clearnace for the 10-24 to the new 5/16 studs.View attachment 1715292270
View attachment 1715292271 View attachment 1715292271
View attachment 1715292272
Now I needed to make sure the plate was going to fit on the new studs.
View attachment 1715292274
Once the speakers are mounted I will put a nut and washer on the stud first then the plate with speakers and wiring, then another washer and nut to lock the plate into position. As for rear speakers At this point I am going to just use velcrow to hold the speakers to the rear floor.
View attachment 1715292277
Im not in love with this but will work until I have a better idea.
I ordered a pair of Rockford Fosgate 6x9 speakers for the rear and a pair of 3.5" Rockford Fosgate speakers for the front. I talked it over with a tech rep from Crutchfield because I know nothing about radios. I told him the car would be loud so I want something that will make good Country Music on my radio! I also ordered a hidden antenna which Im nervous about because Ive read both good and bad reviews about them, but since I removed the original antenna when I did the body work I dont have a choice. Parts should be here by Friday so this weekend I will complete that and scratch it off the list.
Rod

Hi Rod, As always, great. Your front speakers will mount where the original dash speaker mounted. Where did you find the adapter plate? sgrip65

Sgrip65, yes that plate mounts right where the old speaker mounted and it takee the same bolts. I had to revamp how it mounted with hole size because I didnt want to use a cheap speaker. I will have to try and find where I picked that plate up at. It was here or on Ebay. I'll see if I can locate where it came from.
Rod

Sgrip65, yes that plate mounts right where the old speaker mounted and it takee the same bolts. I had to revamp how it mounted with hole size because I didnt want to use a cheap speaker. I will have to try and find where I picked that plate up at. It was here or on Ebay. I'll see if I can locate where it came from.
Rod

Thanks Rod. I know you are quite busy, so don't spend a lot of time on my behalf. I could use the old speaker plate and fabricate for the pair of smaller speakers. Your car is coming together great. sgrip65

A weekend update:
View attachment 1715290932 View attachment 1715290933Once I cut that section off the shifter works fine. Hated to do it but was the only way it was going to work.
View attachment 1715290934 View attachment 1715290935 I also got the carpet cut to fit on the passenger side, Installed my custom made aluminum kick panels and installed the trim at the bottom of the door on the interior side. That was hard to get bolted in as with the new carpet, the sound deadening material it didnt fit well. I polished both the trim and the kick panel because the aluminum I used to make the panel was really corroded with something on it. Im really happy with the kick panel as it looks good.
View attachment 1715290937 View attachment 1715290939
Thanks for following,
Rod
Rod....Could you take a picture of your dash gauge setup? Ive been trying to figure out how to get a round gauge setup in my 66, nobody makes anything aftermarket to covert the 66 ... Thanks...

dragnut, sorry it took me so long to post pics. I saw this the day you posted and I totally forgot about it. I welded the radio area shut with a piece a metal before installing the gauges. If I were to do it over again I would expand the dash a little lower as the bottom of the gauges are off the dash panel slightly. There is just enough room for all the gauges to fit and it would have been easier if I would have gone with all small diameter gauges. However I bought them as a used set so that's what I ended up with. Here are some pics.
DSCN2315.JPG
DSCN2346.JPG
DSCN4115.JPG
DSCN4175.JPG
DSCN4178.JPG
I put the radio in the glove box so its kind of hidden.
DSCN0552.JPG

Hope this answers any questions you had. If you want to see something else let me know.
Thanks Rod

Well its been a month since my last update so I bring you up to date. First I lost a week because of a flu. Then there was snow that cost me a day or two so I am probably behind on getting it done by the 1st of April. Luckily that is a moveable date that doesn't have to happen except to please me!
So most of the work has been on the wiring. I have completed all wiring on the radio including a hidden antenna that I positioned just inside the passenger side front window post. (not very hidden, lol) Not sure how well it will work but it worked fine when I tried it on the workbench. As soon as it got in place in the car it wasn't picking up stations as well as it had on the bench. I haven't had the car outside to test it out yet. I put all the speakers in but I don't think I will be able to hear much as the car is very loud.
In ran all the wires for the radio to the fuse box so everything is fused. Then I moved on to the headlight system and installed the relays and got them done. They are much brighter with the relay setup. But running each wire one at a time to keep them out of site takes forever. then it was time to do the electric fan relay setup. I did have to add a fuse box and relay rail for the headlights and electric fan setup outside in the lower area of the engine compartment.

I finally got a front bumper and hope to get that put on and install the parking/turn signals this week.
I installed the rear taillights and ran into issues with light bulbs. The outside bulbs for the Park/turnsignals are 1157's. I tried 1156's for the inner bulb but they looked like brake lights compared to the parking side of the 1157's. Then tried some 1134's. Still the same. Then I found 1 1094 in an old wiring harness I had and it matched. Of course no one could locate 1094 bulbs so I went to ebay and I found one listing of 9 bulbs. They match the 1157 parking bulbs so I have some spares for future use! they ended up being expensive but at least it matches. here are some pics of the different brightnesses.
DSCN1137.JPG
DSCN1138.JPG
I haven't taken pics now that they all match but maybe i'll do that tomorrow.
Im hoping that in the next 6 days I can complete everything needed to get that first drive in.
Im so close now. I know there will be much to clean up and redo once I get that first drive in!
Thanks for following. Looking forward to going for that drive and posting pics.
Rod

Well its April and I finally got to take the first ride last night. Went about 8 miles total. The car ran good and it was a smooth rolling ride. No vibrations, it seemed to handle decent and steer well. Not to noisey but it has sound! Im running the 3:91 rear to start so we will see how that works before going to the 4:56 rear. The tranny seems to shift well but it doesnt give me that hard shift between gears so I might need to change something there. Its not a slip in but I was looking for something more solid feeling.
The issue I think I am going to fight is the engine temp. I am running 2 dual electric fans and not sure they will pull enough air. The temps went to 210 on the gauge and when I checked the temps on motor with and infra red tester it shows about that same temp on the sending unit area. It also seems to purkulate the fuel when shut off an let it sit. I had hard starting when I went to refire the motor. Im going to go to a heat plate under the carb and check to make sure that all delivery lines are away from heat as well.
I still have a bunch of things to finish such as and most importantly cleaning the garage so I can continue more work! Its such a disaster in there it got hard to move! lol
But I do need to finish polishing the front grill, and rear trunk panel which I think will take many many hours of work. All and all I am very happy with the first drive and finally getting it on the road after all but 6 years. You have to remember I never got to drive it when I bought it so last night was my first time on any road.
I actually forgot to check the radios hidden antenna for its ability to pick up stations before putting it away. But the radio did work on the one station I had preset that I could pick up in the garage. The seats were comfortable but I need to add seat belts now as well.
Here is what the car looked like before its first drive!
DSCN1171.JPG
DSCN1173.JPG
DSCN1174.JPG
DSCN1175.JPG

Its going to need a good cleaning!
Rod

DSCN1176.JPG

Very nice looking. I bet you it was a joy to findly drive it. Forgive me for not reading all the pages of your article, but the right rear of your car is higher than the left. Do you have super stock Springs under it?
Also as far as the heat, I've had good luck with Lifting the back of the hood at about 1/2 inch to allow the heat to escape better.

Last edited:
Well its April and I finally got to take the first ride last night. Went about 8 miles total. The car ran good and it was a smooth rolling ride. No vibrations, it seemed to handle decent and steer well. Not to noisey but it has sound! Im running the 3:91 rear to start so we will see how that works before going to the 4:56 rear. The tranny seems to shift well but it doesnt give me that hard shift between gears so I might need to change something there. Its not a slip in but I was looking for something more solid feeling.
The issue I think I am going to fight is the engine temp. I am running 2 dual electric fans and not sure they will pull enough air. The temps went to 210 on the gauge and when I checked the temps on motor with and infra red tester it shows about that same temp on the sending unit area. It also seems to purkulate the fuel when shut off an let it sit. I had hard starting when I went to refire the motor. Im going to go to a heat plate under the carb and check to make sure that all delivery lines are away from heat as well.
I still have a bunch of things to finish such as and most importantly cleaning the garage so I can continue more work! Its such a disaster in there it got hard to move! lol
But I do need to finish polishing the front grill, and rear trunk panel which I think will take many many hours of work. All and all I am very happy with the first drive and finally getting it on the road after all but 6 years. You have to remember I never got to drive it when I bought it so last night was my first time on any road.
I actually forgot to check the radios hidden antenna for its ability to pick up stations before putting it away. But the radio did work on the one station I had preset that I could pick up in the garage. The seats were comfortable but I need to add seat belts now as well.
Here is what the car looked like before its first drive!
View attachment 1715315178 View attachment 1715315179 View attachment 1715315180 View attachment 1715315181
Its going to need a good cleaning!
Rod

View attachment 1715315182

Hello Rod. So you are on the road.....good for you. I won't be far behind. I have to tell you that I am installing the headliner as my current project.....I would not wish that work on anyone. Tough job to get it right. I did post some updates on my 65 Dart Revisited II if you would like to take a look. Your project looks great. Best to you. sgrip65 (JJ)

I found a carb insulator plate that is to keep the heat from coming up and effecting the carb fuel. I will install it this week one night and go for another drive. I will recheck the timing and re adjust the carb to see if anything there may be helping to drive the heat up. It was the first run on a new motor so hopefully as it loosens up there may be a little less heat!
Rod

Forgot to mention I will also be changing the front brakes to a disc brake setup. A lot to do and its going to be at least a year or more to complete. I can only work a few hours a week on this.
Rodney
Rod are you running 4 wheel disk brakes?

Dragnut, no I am not running rear disc brakes. I may go to them at some point but probably only if I am driving the car a lot or if the drum brakes would give me a stopping issue when I race it but I'm doubting that's going to be an issue.
Rod

-
Back