540 Belt Moldings
548 Wheel lip moldings
564 Bucket seat w/o headrest
627 59 Amp Battery
624 Heavy Duty Suspension
638 Heavy Duty Shocks
691 Expedite (Ordered Car)
367 Formula S pkg. Barracuda

Wow, ordered car. I never undestood why someone would order a big block car with drum brakes. I heard that there is supposed to have been an "option card" somewhere in the car.

Thanks Matthon!!! Can't wait to see the rest

Hello all,
I have a sad story about a 67 383-4sp fastback I had but still have. 31yrs ago I got it from a kid that stored it in a dirt floor garage in Minneasota. The garage was built into a hill.
The motor was stuck and the car was VERY rusty. When I was loading it on the trailer
the front frame rails broke under the firewall and the inner fenders folded the firewall into the back of the dash, and one leaf spring front and rear mount mushed into the trunk till the tire rested inside the wheel house. I still have most everything that could be
unbolted and saved. Drivetrain, K-member with 4 piston discs, quick ratio manual steering box. Fender tag, title, dash, most of the interior, Trim & emblems. Exaust manifolds.
As much as I could save. So there is one gone out of a set of rare cars. but with the VIN and title and fender tag we know which one if there will be a list someday.
A history car in a box. It might have been able to be restored now with all the great
parts the aftermarket is makeing. But in 1979 you could not replace the bottom 20 inches
of a 12yr old car. Sometimes I poke thru the boxes with bagged parts from that car and
just wish it 30yrs forward, so it might of had a chance.
If someone would like to move this to it"s own thread so others might reminiss and give
a lost car a shared moment and memory, please feel free.
I still have my original 69 340-4speed swinger that I bought 12 weeks before the cuda.
Take care,
Rick
I bought a 67 383 4 speed hatchback With Fast manual steering new in MN. It was dark green and had Buckets W/O console. Could it have been mine?
John

John,
I will look into this for you. I need to find the paperwork notes, title, fender tag.
To see if the car was originaly green. When I got the car there was a console in the trunk and the shifter was missing. The car was painted red but I don't remember if it was a repaint. It rings a bell as the 69 dart I got just before was the same red but was repainted from green. And I think I remember us talking about that ether with the cuda or one of my brothers cars. That they had the same color change. If I can find the fender tag I will look up what the original color was and get back to you. If it helps the kids name was Jason, tall.skinny with curly bushy brown hair. And I think he got it from the original owner in about 1975-78 If you can, try to remember anything else you can about the car. The engine was .030 over so it had some work done ect.
Please keep in touch.
Take care,
Rick

I remember looking up mine and it was built Tuesday July 11, 1968 at Hamtramck. That was the last week before they shut down for retooling for 1969.
I also met a guy at a car show who's cuda was built on the same day, same plant, 7 behind mine...what a coincidence!

I remember looking up mine and it was built Tuesday July 11, 1968 at Hamtramck. That was the last week before they shut down for retooling for 1969.
I also met a guy at a car show who's cuda was built on the same day, same plant, 7 behind mine...what a coincidence!

Mine was built there as well.

I want to thank Matthon for taking the time to decode this buildsheet. Thanks Buddy!! This is too Cool!!!

Sequence Number=2063223
Shipping Order=124079832
Car Line
BH=Barracuda High (B=Car Line, H=Price Class)
Body Type
29=Fastback
Engine
H=383
Model Year
8=1968
Plant
B=Hamtramck
Sequential Number=000000
Paint
QQ1= Bright Blue Metallic
PNT (P=roof color, N=body color, T: 1=mono tone, 2=two tone)

At the top right of your build sheet, under UDF, is that an H?
It’s right after your paint code of QQ1.

""Its a "U" " Light blue interior trim

The 31 with the 3 under it I’m not sure about-yet.

"This may be the White side stripes" Yes, White side stripe

H6B
H=Trim Grade=High
6= Vinyl Bucket Seats
B= Light Blue

376/382=383 Engine
395 Auto Transmission (Torqueflight)
404 3.23:1 Final Gear Ratio

415 is A/C with Heat, or Delete Heater.
Does your car have A/C?
Did it at one time have A/C?
Does it not have a heater at all?
I see 415 decoded many times as just “Heater” but that seems odd to me.

"Heater only"

421 AM Radio Music Master
43-44=433/448=38=E 70 x 14” Red Streak
476 HD Brakes (no disc)
480 Dual Horns
486 Console
487 Cigar Lighter
503 Floor Mats
I see 503 decoded many times as just “Carpet” but just like 415 above that seems odd as well.

"Has carpet"

522 Tinted Glass (Windshield Only)
535 Roof drip rail moldings
540 Belt Moldings
548 Wheel lip moldings
564 Bucket seat w/o headrest
627 59 Amp Battery
624 Heavy Duty Suspension with Sway Bar
638 1” Heavy Duty Shocks Front and Rear
691 Sold Car Expedite (Ordered Car)
367 Formula S pkg. Barracuda

My fender tag is long gone. I will need to get this reproduced. If you do it let me know and how much or do I have to use Galan? I really would like to know just how may are left, especially QQ1 with Automatic trans.. Not really for monetary reasons just my own reasons. I love my car and will be buried in it. That is if my wife doesn't sell it once my battery goes dead! LoL!

Matthon, I hope you don't mind me posting it! Its exciting to me.

I corrected a few errors, I sent it to you.
I can figure out a fender tag if needed.

Does anyone have a good source for decoding the lower two rows titled "Build Codes" on the build sheet?

Those interested in a registry for 67-69 Barracudas send me your info, fender tags, build sheets, build cards, vins, whatever you have.

If you have a 67 I highly suggest you get a copy of the build card from Chrysler- $45, and I can easily decode that.
http://wpchryslermuseum.org/newsroom.do?id=390&mid=135

I understand the need to keep personal information, well personal, so keep in mind I am not looking to gather vins for my criminal empire or anything- so send what you feel comfortable sending.

Let me know what information you are looking for, or what you hope to gain from a registry?
And anything else you can think of?

As we get going I can post stuff, like who has the first 67 built- so far, and other stuff to keep everyone interested.

Like I stated before, I have gathered a number of build sheets, fender tags, etc, just to increase my knowledge about my own car- I am not an expert but I am more than happy to share knowledge!

If I get enough responses I'll start a thread for this, and then a website.

Those interested in a registry for 67-69 Barracudas send me your info, fender tags, build sheets, build cards, vins, whatever you have.

If you have a 67 I highly suggest you get a copy of the build card from Chrysler- $45, and I can easily decode that.
http://wpchryslermuseum.org/newsroom.do?id=390&mid=135

I understand the need to keep personal information, well personal, so keep in mind I am not looking to gather vins for my criminal empire or anything- so send what you feel comfortable sending.

Let me know what information you are looking for, or what you hope to gain from a registry?
And anything else you can think of?

As we get going I can post stuff, like who has the first 67 built- so far, and other stuff to keep everyone interested.

Like I stated before, I have gathered a number of build sheets, fender tags, etc, just to increase my knowledge about my own car- I am not an expert but I am more than happy to share knowledge!

If I get enough responses I'll start a thread for this, and then a website.

I was stupid by not putting Barracuda in the Title line. If you start the next thread with "1967-69 Barracuda registry" when people search for it Google will pick it up and send them here to this site! I will try it on this response and see if it will work.

COME ON FOLKS!!!
Lets get this thing going!! My dad asked me last night if doing this could help him find his First 67 Fasback 383 4spd Formula "S" that he had in 1970. All I could tell him was Maybe, You never know!?

I would be interested in a registry. I have a 1969 A57 Fastback and have been looking for years for info. I have decoded the fender tag but never found the broadcast sheet and I have never seen another F8 Green one in pics. Big block drum brakes...all go...no slow. Also less brake drag LOL.

I would join also.

Here are the factory end of year option data sheets for 1968.
These do not include export cars.
The numbers are the percentage of the total number of cars at the top of the column. Since the percentages are rounded to one decimal place, the exact numbers for each option are unknown, but they are within plus or minus 0.1% of the actual number made.

Attachments

• 5500207-68cudaP1s.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 311
  • 5500208-68cudaP2s.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 321
  • 5500210-68cudaP3s.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 346
Hey Matt, I will scrounge up the info off of the fendertag and send it to you!! Thanks for doing this.

4spdragtop

I'd love to have a 67-69 registry. Im in. Ill send my info along as well. Seems the 67-69 barracuda owner's group is out of commission. I haven't seen a new post in years. Anyhow, I own a 69 fastback formula s. factory black w/ red stripe and red interior, auto car. Hope this takes off!! Cory

I'd love to have a 67-69 registry. Im in. Ill send my info along as well. Seems the 67-69 barracuda owner's group is out of commission. I haven't seen a new post in years. Anyhow, I own a 69 fastback formula s. factory black w/ red stripe and red interior, auto car. Hope this takes off!! Cory

Come on folks! Just block the sequence numbers in the VIN if your skeeerd!

:evil3: I'm not scared.:D Just want to clarify who is starting up the registry. CUUDAK or matthon so I know who to pm the info to.

Whoa down boys, lets clarify a couple of points. I am a really old fart and ordered my 1968 cuda, 383, 4-sp, while working as a mechanic at my local Plymouth dealer. I remember going thru all the sales brochures and filling out the order form myself. All 340- 383 cars are "S" cars. "S" stands for suspension. To order these cars you had to get the heavy duty suspension. The "S" was available as an option on others. The lesson here is that just being an "S" car doesn't make it special. The last point to make here is Glovier is " the man". No matter what you think of him personally or his prices, he has unique knowledge and any car documented by him is increased in value.

I do not dispute Govier is "the man" when it comes to decoding Mopars as I do not know him personally, and I hear good things regarding the wealth of knowledge he has obtained over many years. Some disagree with his prices, but I see it as a business, and I am sure he does as well. I know many feel if they do not have a Hemi he does not have time for them, whether that is true or not I do not know, but once again he has a business to run and there probably is not much money in decoding a 6 cylinder 4 door.

We want to do this for ourselves, to share information, keep it specific to the 67-69s, and heck- maybe someone will find the Barracuda they sold so many years ago.

To clarify, Formula S cars were different through the 3 years, and different from the earlier years. Also standard equipment changed, for both the Formula S and the base models.

67 Formula S cars came standard with the 273 4 barrel, the 383 required the Formula S option, (H. D. torsion bars, H. D. rear leaf springs, sway bar eliminator, firm ride shocks, 5.5 HD wheels, red streak tires, badges), and only the 383 cars came with dual exhaust.

68 Formula S came standard with the 67 stuff, but it had the 340, dual exhaust, and hood ornamentation.

69 cars could either be Formula S, 340 or 383, or be ordered with the Cuda package, (340, 383, or 440). You could not have a Cuda package and a Formula S on the same car.

Earlier Formula S cars came standard with a tach and bolt on wheel covers, which did not carry over to the 67s.

Everything I have read states the H. D. suspension items could have been ordered separately, but you could not get the Formula S option on a 6 cylinder car.

I have a 67 fastback with the 273 235 hp. It is about 1/2 compleated. You would think it would have been a s car but according to the fender tag it is not. It has a 7 1/4 rear which does not make sense to me.
I bought a new 69 fastback formula s. 340 4 speed 8 3/4 323 posi with
bench seats. It was b5 with blue interior. In the late 70s someone bought it from detroit area. If anyone knows where it is at i have the window sticker. It was bought in grand rapids, mi.
It was in northern mi when it went to detroit.
When it went to detroit it had a 318 with the 340 intake and carb.
It also had the 340 exhaust manifolds. I kept the 340 but 20 yrs later sold it to a guy with a 68 charger. I wish i still had the 340 and the car also.
Stan

-
Back