1967 Barracuda front drum to front disc conversion

-

bmxican

Mopar Aficionado
Reaction score
Hello,

I just recently got a 1967 Barracuda and I realized she is quite hard to stop.
I'm pretty sure she has the 9" drums since she has a 225 in her.
I was wondering if anyone fabricates front disc conversion kits or if I can transfer the front end off say, a V8 Barracuda for example.

Thanks and sorry for the newb questions. I am pretty new to Mopar and I regret waiting so long to get one.

you could swap over the disc brakes off a baracuda if you know where to get all the components i have never done the early small bolt pattern disc swap so i dont know what all you would need i am sure you would need the spindles, rotors dust shields, calipers, probably the rubber brake lines, it seems i have read the lower ball joints for disc brake cars are different but i am not sure I have also heard the early (67-72) is difficult to get replacment parts for though. Your other option is to go with the later disc brake conversion (73-76 a body) they are what most people will swap to you get big bolt pattern which is a bonus in wheel choice and strength also. For that swap you will need the upper control arms, spindles, dust shields, rotors calipers and lower ball joints. your easiest way for either is to find a parts car so you can grab it all at once and just rebuild the calipers and turn rotors etc. The problem with going with the 73 up big bolt stuff would be you would have to either carry two spares or change the rear end also or at least the axles in the rear end. Again the 73 up big bolt stuff offers much better wheel choices and they are stronger as the wheel studs are bigger. Hopefully this helps and if you have any more questions just ask i will try to help and if i cant im sure someone here can. good luck with the baracuda Justin

www.mpbrakes.com
- For a complete pre-assembled kit. Cost's some $ but when you figure in the cost of buying all the seperate pcs for a Wilwood type kit, the MP kit makes sense...

Or...

try www.musclecarbrakes.com
- For a nice drum refurb kit. You maybe happy with this! If your 9" drums have not been serviced lately, they could be acting worse than they should be. Upgrade to 10" drums and you may be surprised.

-
Back