1967 Barracuda Pitman arm help

-

spook

Spook
Reaction score
Hey everyone I need a little help... I need to know if the pitman arm for a 1967 Barracuda 383 big block differs from a small block pitman arm. Take into mind that this is a big block conversion. Will this have any effect on clearance issues?

I don't know but I have a mystery mopar pitman arm that I have been told is for a 1967 a-body. When I bought it, I was first told it was for a 70-72 a-body, but the sector shaft hole is too small, as well as the stud being slightly shorter. Only id numbers on it are 14-183. If you or anyone else can use it or tell me what it's for exactly, let me know!

Pitman_Arm.jpg

Pitman_Arm.jpg

Pitman_Arm.jpg

The pitman arm you have shown above is a mopar "A Body" pitman arm.
The size meaning the thickness of the arm and pitch tells me that it was used or is made for a small block car.

The pitman arm you have shown above is a mopar "A Body" pitman arm.
The size meaning the thickness of the arm and pitch tells me that it was used or is made for a small block car.

Well it didn't fit my a-body with a 318 small block. Sector shaft hole is too small (just slightly, but it is smaller), and the center link stud is shorter. But, if anyone is interested in it, please let me know as it's for sale. What I paid for it, $30 plus shipping.

-
Back