1967 Barracuda

-

moparmd

Reaction score
Where can I find a rebuilt power steering pump for my 1967 Barracuda 273 V8?

Where can I find a rebuilt power steering pump for my 1967 Barracuda 273 V8?
Local auto parts store? Rock Auto? You'll need to know which pump you have. Mopar had at least three different versions around that year.

It's a federal pump and rock auto doesn't carry the pump.

Should be a TRW pump. Not available anywhere that I could find. Rebuild kits are available, however. I've got a bunch of cores...

Wanted a non leaking power steering pump 67 barracuda
20210409_141559.jpg

Where is it leaking? Shaft seal? Reservoir O ring? Last time I checked, the seal kit was available and cheap. Does the pump work ok otherwise?

You can buy a Saginaw at Oreilly for about $60 if you want of do the conversion.

Where is it leaking? Shaft seal? Reservoir O ring? Last time I checked, the seal kit was available and cheap. Does the pump work ok otherwise?
Pump seems to work ok it is either the shaft seal or the reservoir O ring. I think it is running down behind the pulley and dripping on the lower radiator hose.

The Saginaw is supposed to be the best pump. You need different brackets and hoses to convert. You would likely also need a new pulley. I had some I sold awhile back when I converted to the 70 up pulley system. I think you can buy the Saginaw brackets & pulleys new also.

The easiest & cheapest thing to do would be to replace or rebuild you current pump, but if you need to, the conversion is pretty common I think.

Steer and Gear, they are over in Ohio.
Phone. 614-231-4064
Just had them recondition my steering gear and Federal pump.

WANTED !! need a federal power steering pump and reservoir core for rebuild ..67 Barracuda 273 cu in.

Did you call Steer and Gear? They will do a pump for you , core charge added until you do a return. You will need a special pulley puller and same to install. Auto parts store rental.

-
Back