1967 Cuda FB project

-
Very cool idea..... cant wait to see what design you come up with. It should really update and modernize the car.

I can't believe I never saw this build before--flat out amazing build! Good way to burn an hour before getting ready for work.

I can't believe I never saw this build before--flat out amazing build! Good way to burn an hour before getting ready for work.

Thanks!!!
That's what happens to me, I see a build that's many pages, sit and read the whole thing!
:glasses7:

Figured out where I wanted to separate the bottom of the front fenders. Took some tape and made a line where I would cut.
View attachment WP_20150821_002.jpg
Also welded the seam between the lower valance and the fenders as this will all be one piece after I form the new bumper.
View attachment WP_20150821_004.jpg
Started on the drivers side fender. After I made a straight cut with the cutoff wheel.
View attachment WP_20150821_007.jpg
I took a piece of sheet metal 2" wide the length of my cut and put it in the slot approximately 5/8". Marked a line on the outside of the fender to follow the contour of the fender. Took it out and turned it around to make another copy. Need two, one top, one bottom. Then I took the cutoff wheel and cut on my lines. Ended up with two pieces the same.
View attachment WP_20150821_009.jpg
Drilled 3 holes in the flanges for attaching bolts. Put one flange in and lined it up with the outside of the fender and tacked along the top edge. Will weld this seam completely later.
View attachment WP_20150821_010.jpg
View attachment WP_20150821_012.jpg
View attachment WP_20150821_013.jpg
Had to take the cutoff wheel and carefully cut along the bottom of the upper flange to make room for the lower flange. Put the lower piece in and used some 1/4-20 bolts to fasten them together. Then tacked the bottom flange to the bottom section of fender being careful to make sure the outside surface is really close to the contour of the top piece. I didn't have to be this precise because there is going to be a layer of foam/fiberglass over this seam. So close was good enuff. If you were doing this mod on a car with no buildup on the outside, you would take your time and make sure both surface were really close.
View attachment WP_20150821_014.jpg

Today I welded together some scrap moly tubing for the front bumper support/frame. Bolted the brackets to the stock locations and went from there. After I had the main bumper support in place I took some 1/4" pencil rod and added a few supports from the bumper to the lower valence.
View attachment WP_20150823_002.jpg

View attachment WP_20150823_006.jpg

View attachment WP_20150823_016.jpg

View attachment WP_20150823_019.jpg

View attachment WP_20150823_021.jpg

View attachment WP_20150823_022.jpg

View attachment WP_20150823_023.jpg

View attachment WP_20150823_024.jpg

Now to take it back off and blast and seal it to get ready for the bumper/fascia molding. :glasses7:

Parting out a 75 Valiant 4 door. /6 auto-AC car. rusty. Only thing I am keeping is the hood and all the nuts and bolts.
I am putting an ad in the for sale section.:cheers:

Got the hood from a 75 Valiant that I can cut the under structure out to finish the bottom of my Cuda hood. So that project can move forward. Pretty much parted out the Valiant today. If anybody needs something, let me know and I'll see if I have it. :D

Nice fabrication,on the lower valance. Smooth, looks fast & mean,done right...

Spent all day yesterday hauling home 2-69 Barracuda fastbacks. They are basically parts cars. One is coming apart, lol. The other is a maybe if a guy was really committed. Get some pics later. :glasses7:
I think the blue one is a candidate for roof pieces for mine. I want to make the front and rear glass openings smaller to get rid of the huge rubber gasket. I just want to glue it in with a small rubber strip like newer cars.
View attachment WP_20150830_001.jpg

View attachment WP_20150830_002.jpg

View attachment WP_20150830_004.jpg

View attachment WP_20150830_003.jpg
The green one has a complete butterscotch colored interior with buckets.
More parts!!!! :blob::blob::blob:
Took 2 hours to get the green one on the trailer. It was sitting so long, all 4 wheels were rusted solid. I am wore out today...............:protest:

Now this gets me excited! - Taking the time to fabricate the understructure of the hood so that it looks original! - Nice touch!

I don't know how I missed this build.
Great fabrication, I will be watching this build

Spent all day yesterday hauling home 2-69 Barracuda fastbacks. They are basically parts cars. One is coming apart, lol. The other is a maybe if a guy was really committed. Get some pics later. :glasses7:
I think the blue one is a candidate for roof pieces for mine. I want to make the front and rear glass openings smaller to get rid of the huge rubber gasket. I just want to glue it in with a small rubber strip like newer cars.
View attachment 1714839935

View attachment 1714839936

View attachment 1714839937

View attachment 1714839938
Took 2 hours to get the green one on the trailer. It was sitting so long, all 4 wheels were rusted solid. I am wore out today...............:protest:

Like this?

Attachments

• int 28.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 239
View attachment 1714839935

View attachment 1714839936

View attachment 1714839937

View attachment 1714839938

Even the '67-'69 'Cuda parts cars,are up there pricewise. Miss my '67 Notch,time (and money )will tell.

The blue one is sooo rusted, when I went to pick it up with the forklift, the whole floor caved in. I will cut the roof off and save anything that is worth something. The rest is just rust, literally. lol

The green car has a 8&3/4 rear in it!! WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!

btw, where did they hid the build sheets in these?

The blue one is sooo rusted, when I went to pick it up with the forklift, the whole floor caved in. I will cut the roof off and save anything that is worth something. The rest is just rust, literally. lol

The green car has a 8&3/4 rear in it!! WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!

btw, where did they hid the build sheets in these?

Hey I am a long time lurker, that is trying to take in what all you guys are doing. I was wondering if you didn't need the third member and was interested in selling it could you PM me a price cause I need one for my build. Thanks, your Cuda is BAD A$$ by the way very cool.

Brad

Hey I am a long time lurker, that is trying to take in what all you guys are doing. I was wondering if you didn't need the third member and was interested in selling it could you PM me a price cause I need one for my build. Thanks, your Cuda is BAD A$$ by the way very cool.

Brad

Which third member? The 8&3/4 A-body I will hold on to. Just in case. :D

-
Back