1967 Cuda FB project

-
FrankenCuda is looking real good!!! If you cut out some cardboard pieces to fit in the rear wells and spray paint them close to the color of the car it will give you a good idea of what it will do to the overall looks of the body. You really only need to do one side to see. Personally, I don't think it will make it look any better. The Cuda is so "sporty/racey" looking I'm not sure if the skirts will "add to" the overall look. But you never know???

Treblig

The reason for the side skirts is to balance the new lower, and probably the rear, bumper. Because I added about an inch to the bottom, it looks a little too much. And I think the rear bumper is going to come down a little too for "balance".
The skirts won't look like skirts, the body will just be a little lower. :glasses7:

are you just wetting the matting and laying it up....doesn't look like you're rolling it once it's on the form! it would make for a flatter job with a lot less sanding if you're not rolling the matting...I've been making a hard cover for my 67 ute, this is how the back of the mould looks after rolling....

View attachment 20.jpg

snkebit, I see what you're saying. As for the question, no I was envisioning skirts that transitioned into a 'straight-down'. Just to bring the body mass lower to the ground. Flaring out....eh, no.

And anything you add to the broadside of the body will only accentuate the chop above the beltline.

I vote go with a BIG SPLITTER!!! yes just joking I felt left out :p

Hey, you got something against splitters? LOL.

I've been watching this build and it makes me want to start over again!

This is going to be one wicked ride!

are you just wetting the matting and laying it up....doesn't look like you're rolling it once it's on the form! it would make for a flatter job with a lot less sanding if you're not rolling the matting...I've been making a hard cover for my 67 ute, this is how the back of the mould looks after rolling....

View attachment 1714850404

I got a roller for the rest of it!!! :glasses7::prayer:

Put some more fiber glass on the front bumper this morning after sanding some of the stuff already on there. No pics, will take some this afternoon. Maybe work on the windshield surround also. See how much I have to cut it down. :glasses7:

Man you are doing a lot of work!! I'll think it will look really nice once it's done. It will also be one of kind.

treblig

Man you are doing a lot of work!! I'll think it will look really nice once it's done. It will also be one of kind.

treblig

Thanks!!! I try to make all my cars my own. just wish I had more time to work on it!!:protest:

Ordered the trunk weatherstrip today so I can finish the metal work around the tail lights. Have to weld in a piece of metal to get the area around the tail light built up flush with the trunk lid.
No pics, just a little info.................. :glasses7:

Sorry guys, life is getting in the way. I have an ankle surgery scheduled for the 1st of Dec. Will be out of commission for at least a month and trying to get things cleaned up before that. So trying to get ahead of the bills a little before the "big hit" to the income....:protest:
I did go to the local Viper graveyard today and prolly got a line on a 300 5.7 parts car for the Cuda wiring ect. I don't have for the Cuda right now. So that was good!!!

Good thing you chimed in. I was about to try posting fake updates for you. (HINT: - it didn't go well, would have involved rumors about you getting abducted and forced into the sex slave industry and involvement with farm animals)

Sorry to hear about the ankle. You didn't injure it after you were abducted maybe??

Sorry to hear about the ankle. You didn't injure it after you were abducted maybe??

Car accident 25+ years ago finally catching up with me. Having it fused, it's junk. lol
It sucks getting old. :protest:

So now that you are almost done putting lipstick on that pig, it should be worth a little more so you can sell it and redeem your image with a decent truck. :poke::fart:

Car accident 25+ years ago finally catching up with me. Having it fused, it's junk. lol
It sucks getting old. :protest:

So now that you are almost done putting lipstick on that pig, it should be worth a little more so you can sell it and redeem your image with a decent truck. :poke::fart:

Which ankle? Hopefully not your right. I'd think it would make it hard to control the loud pedal. I guess the left could screw with clutching though...

Now, now. I didn't buy the Ferd to win me any trophies. As long as it works and doesn't leave me stranded (or without heat) I'll be happy. I really wanted a newer Dodge but they were either too pricey or too rusty. I still have the 'Lil Red to fall back on. If I ever get around to dropping that 360 back in it I may still keep the Ferd just so I have something to haul paint, tools, & supplies without worrying about scratching up the Express.

-
Back