1967 Cuda FB project

-
You're making me itch already and you haven't even begun sanding yet.

I hate bodywork. Car I found was just perfect for me. (minus the 2+ years of scrubbing :( )

KNOCK IT OFF! If everybody keeps heaping praise on SNKEBIT, he'll get a swelled head and won't want to associate with the rest of us miscreants.
:wav:
Next thing you know he'll be rubbing elbows with Jay-Z and the paparazzi while we're all left standing behind out in the cold and telling folks we knew him back when he drove lowly Vipers.
:burnout:
- and even worse, then
he won't ever sell me the 'Cuda...
:poke::poke:

rubbing elbows with Jay-Z and the paparazzi

and even worse, then won't ever sell me the 'Cuda...
:poke::poke:

I got news for ya! Ain't rubbin no elbows wit Jay-Z,,,,,,,,,, or the pap!!!!

That doesn't even come up on the "maybe" list! :violent1:

Might have to make a special trip to Nebraska............................:boxing:

I'm digg'n your sculpture here.
The part just keeps improving.
I really like the way it now mimicks the factory slender point or wedge shape of the stock bumper and the continuance of the wheel arch crease into the part.
Has a improved look that hasn't changed or been so far removed it is unidentifiable as a barracuda. Tastefully done.
It will be quite a sight all smooth, straight and in one color. Even in the primer. Same for the hood. Great vision and skills being applied.
Very entertained here watching you make an advanced build look easy.

I'm digg'n your sculpture here.
The part just keeps improving.
I really like the way it now mimicks the factory slender point or wedge shape of the stock bumper and the continuance of the wheel arch crease into the part.
Has a improved look that hasn't changed or been so far removed it is unidentifiable as a barracuda. Tastefully done.
It will be quite a sight all smooth, straight and in one color. Even in the primer. Same for the hood. Great vision and skills being applied.
Very entertained here watching you make an advanced build look easy.

Wow! Thank you very much!!! Means a lot to hear that. Thank you!

This for you, John: :bootysha::fart::tongue:

lol

Sorry 67cuda but the man has mad skills. I will try to control myself :blob:

No side-skirts in the future?

Maybe, we will see when the rear bumper is on. I am thinking maybe about 1&1/2-2" if needed.

I know you're on the fence about the side skirts and you've had the whole auto cross theme since the start... - But you've been walking a fine line between form & function as you've built the car. So far the two have blended well together. I've had my doubts about some of your planned mods but you managed to make them each blend in without sacrificing aesthetics. - In fact,my opinion is that each modification has been a joy to see.

I literally cringed when you started the chop. I guess I was afraid you'd go too radical. The finished result though was a slimmer looking body. I think it's very appealing. I worry that the addition of side skirts will nullify the effect of the chop and lose the eye appeal you gained. (The car may look 'fatter' again.) - But I could be wrong and you have managed to make each of the other mods work so far. Kudos for continuing to tweak each one until they were 'right'.

Solid input. I was thinking if skirts might help to take some of the 'roundness' out of the fuselage -- in which case, you'd want to shape the front fascia to flow with them.

In other words, you need to have a plan about skirts/no skirts before you shape the front end.

Solid input. I was thinking if skirts might help to take some of the 'roundness' out of the fuselage -- in which case, you'd want to shape the front fascia to flow with them.

In other words, you need to have a plan about skirts/no skirts before you shape the front end.

I'd totally forgotten about the effect the skirts might have on the match with the bottom edge of that front end. Crappolla!

So, Teeth & Tires, are you envisioning side skirts that 'kick out' from the body when you say it might take out some of the roundness?

If I did skirts, The would follow the curvature of the body. The front follows really close now so skirts would still blend well. Besides, the skirts would be so short, they prolly wouldn't even be noticeable.

I must admit that there is a slight egg shape to the big back windowed cars.

View attachment 168237_56bd_1024x2000.jpg

Looking at vehicles such as the Mazda RX-7 some of them seem much more streamlined with the addition of side skirts that do kick out.

View attachment CC-35-003-800.jpg

View attachment RE-Xtreme_2011_0707_AA03.jpg

But the Barracuda is such a classic design to begin with that if you add in too many ground effects I think you'd lose the musclecar flavor those cars had and overwhelm it with the sports car design. - Not saying it wouldn't work but I think there's a tipping point. So far the mods have stayed pretty subtle. The outward appearance still says '60s Barracuda' but looks as though it could have been produced now. - Sort of like how the new Challengers still evoke memories of the old ones.

-
Back