1967 Dodge Dart Owners Unite!

-

Drache

1971 Dodge Dart Swinger
Reaction score
Just wondering who here currently owns a '67 Dodge Dart! I figured by getting all of us in one thread it will make it easier for us to help each other. I know I have a few parts currently left over from swapping out to other things and there are other parts that I am currently looking for.

So who has a '67 Dart? Why did you choose a '67 Dart? Do you prefer stock or custom?

Mine was really "accidental." I wanted a B body, as I've had several in the past, but couldn't find one I could afford. Found this '67, ill 273/904, very little rust.

Currently have it torn down (terrible weather.) Putting in "intermediate" engine, a junyard 360/727, Ford 9" Versaille rear axle, and eventually, Duster front disks. Strictly to be a "driver" I can't afford a rotary resto. Eventually hope to put in a better 360/ worked over 727, but didn't want it apart that long. At 62, who knows how long I can "have fun?"

Probably need front/ rear windshield gaskets, a good aftermarket 727 shifter. Don' know what I'll do yet about wiring, turns out worse' n I thought.

Where is Williams Lake? Been to Cranbrook, a LONG time ago, when I was "into" 4x4's

Where is Williams Lake? Been to Cranbrook, a LONG time ago, when I was "into" 4x4's

Williams Lake is 11 hours North West of Cranbrook.

For my Dart I've pretty much got the last dire needed part (a hub) on order.

I will need all new weather stripping for the side windows. I also would like to find a new heater control bezel with radio delete to replace the one that someone cut when they installed a CD player.

My car might never be a 100% car, but it's a really nice driver and thats what I wanted.

my 67 dart is up on the rotisserie. Progress is slow but i do get an hour a day to fart around on it. Currently about to put all the suspension components back on and get it on its own wheels.
Still have a lot of sanding and smoothing of the body panels.

I am missing alot of interior parts, but hoping they are on the parts cars that i do have some access to.

Plan is to put in the 340 that came with the package deal. Eventually at some point slide in the 440. I am using an a833 for transmission and a 8 3/4 rear axle (3.55 ratio) and made some 15x10 dog dish rims for the rear.
Thinking another modification will be an overdrive behind the transmission to gain fuel mileage. Also picked up a 6 pack intake for the 340.

Here is my current 67 Dart
495.jpg

Bought it from the settlement from my first 67 Dart
DSC00513.jpg

I have a before picture of the 4 door someplace, just have to find it.
I bought the 4 door because I always wanted a car that was the same model year as me. And I bought the convertible because I was always kidding around how the convertible top switch didn't work on the 4 door.
The convertible hopefully will go in the body shop in June or July for a repaint, then a front end rebuild (by myself), new break lines, and a brake job.

I have a 67 dart I got in VA.for a good price.It was a 225/6 now has a 360 904 trans in it.These are great cars to fix up got 833overdrive to put in it some day.keep these mopars on the road!!Hope you all have as much fun with yours as I have with mine.
Jim

I have a 67 as well. My first Dart and very happy to have it.Im real green at all of this but im learning and enjoying it.Got it last Nov. and i have progressed well ..i think. Shes not going to be mint. Im planning on driving her as much as i can Daily.Im lacking fenders and front windshield and gasket mainly.Summers coming so i wont be working hard on it..Family time at the trailer.........Hopefully soon i will be driving the Dart up there.Just finished putting in the motor and trans.Thanks great thread

Attachments

• First day home 002.JPG
    184 KB · Views: 574
  • 003.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 557
  • 006.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 608
Mine has been redone about 8 years ago. I wanted a ragtop and is the same year of Dart I got for my future wife while she was in high school. We are 2 years apart and 30 years married June 20

Does anyone make a '67 Dart Model or large scale diecast? I've seen some Hot Wheel size '67 Darts but I'm looking for something more about the size of 1/24 or 1/18 scale.

I have a 67 GTS I bought brand new currently running a Hensley 499 stroker with PTC built 727 and converter with 8 3/4 3.55. My decoy is 67 GT built to fool most folks that think I am driving the GTS. It has 318 bored 30 over with 9.2 cr with 904 on column. Has factory buckets but had no console so I had and extra console that I added.. and the made a plate with two cup holders where shifter normally would be which is very handy since there was no place to sit a beverage. It has Doug's headers and 2 1/2" mandrel bent exhaust. Biggest difference in appearance is wheels as decoy has cragars and GTS has Weld draglites. Both are a blast to drive, Joe

Also have another 67 GT original 273 auto console in floor that only has 53,000 mi complete in need of restoration. Doubt I get to it as I am about burnt out since just completing the decoy. It is blue with black vinyl top. It is stored in barn until I decide what to do with it. Joe

I have a 67GT that I have had for about 5 years. Always wanted a Mopar and I got a good deal on it. Currently tore down waiting for 318 crate 904 with 3:55 71/4. I will post a picture as soon as I figure it out.

I have several parts (no body parts) lots of drive train that I will be getting rid of as this build comes together.

Does anyone have any good or bad experiences with an engine install from underneath? I have the K member out and front suspension and would like to avoid clearance issues if possible during the install.

will be a lot easier to put in from underneath since you already have k member out. I have a lift so I can mount everything on k member and rolled it under and let body down over it. Have used backhoe instead of lift to lift body and have heard of people using motor hoist or cherrypicker to raise body.

I have a 67 Dart 270 hardtop with 273/904 2 barrel, no power steering or brakes. I traded a friend for a rebuilt 340 plus cash on his part. Now I wish I had just purchased the car and installed the 340:D Car has a vinyl top and it starting to shred under the rear window, fortunately it's not leaking. Front windshield gasket does leak and has caused my headliner to split at the first set of ribs. I'd post a picture but my picture file got corrupted and I'm having to rebuild it from scratch.

Dan in Silicon Valley

Member of Mopar Alley
June 5th Ohlone College Mopar Rally go to moparlley.org and download a registration form and go to mopar alley's facebook page.

i have a 67 dart that i bought about 8 years ago.originally a /6 car but currently in progress of test fitting my 6.1 hemi into her.the car is from georgia and is real solid.the car was in a barn since 87 beside an all original 69 383 4speed road runner. i was 1 week to late.progress has been slow but i finally got her a garage to call home so things will start to fall together soon

I have a '67. As far as what I prefer I have seen both that I like, but mine is custom. I wanted a 67-69 Dart when I went looking for this one years ago. I had seen the Mancini Dart in a magazine and I was hooked. I bought mine with a 413, auto, dog dish hub caps and a flat hood. It was white with a black vinyl top and black hood. It looked like a cop car. It later got a 440, bigger tires and a 6 pack scoop. It's in the garage torn apart for the 3rd go around. Taking a little longer this time.

I have a 1967 DART GT. Originally a 273 2V car, now a 340 4bbl. The car has been in my family since 1980, and has been mine since 1987. Just had the body done 2 years ago.

Attachments

• DSC02385.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 497
  • DSC03170.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 585
360 w/904
bucket seats and console,mini tubs w frame tied and line lock
Orig gold interior I love the 67 and Im selling my 67 Signet to help finish it.
I do have extra parts like a 360 motor and a 67 273 w 904 and both fenders , hood rear bumper trunk lid and a complete orig blue rear seat and air conditioning.
great thread!

My Dad inherited a '67 Dart 270 with a 225 Slant Six in it and the regular 3 on the tree automatic transmission. We have been restoring it for a little less than 3 months, I guess, and for an old lady's car that she drove after she retired only 1 time a week to the grocery store (she lived next door to church, so she walked there), it's pretty sweet.

It just turned over 86,700 miles, and it's running pretty strong. I just changed the oil in it today, set the timing where it should have been and waxed it today. My pictures are in the gallery here.

I have a '67 dart was orginally a GT. HAs a '68 grill though mostly strip with some street.

Troy

I got my 67 because we were looking for a little fun car. I like the 69 Darts the best, but the price was right so we bought it in 1993

slant 6, auto on column 13" wheels, sometime in 95 or 96 it was dismantled and 10 years later

now a 340 4 speed cloth top, ultra leather interior, redlines

so yeah I like the custom look

had several parts cars during the build, sold most of the extra stuff a few years back, sold my 67 hardtop GT and gave them some parts for it.

still like the 69 best

Sory was going to post a couple pics on first post and forgot

launch26-18.jpg

burnout6-18.jpg

Hopefully get some decent pics of it this weekend at carshow

Troy

-
Back