1968 Barracuda fb 318 4spd

-
The lower area showed up after blasting . Spot welding this patch in was real easy. But most it strengthened the mount nicely.

I let the epoxy dry for an hour. Then I sprayed 3 coats of East woods Matt black engin bay paint. It gave me just the sheen I wanted when it's dry .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 223
Flywheel is bolted up. Had to take 1/4 inch off the flywheel bolts. I ground one bolt to length,
Then I weighed it. Then I ground the next 7 to the same weight as the first. Yes it's a small block with a 8 bolt crank. We used a bigblock crank to stroke the motor.

My mistake , the crank is not a bigblock crank. It is a custom crank with a 8 bolt crank flange .

You can always add some of those overlays they sell later if you ever decide to. They have wood grain, carbon fiber, and silver.

not a bad thought, im at that point ware it gets overwhelming buying parts to finish,
still need rear disk setup cant decide on one.all e.brake cables all. need cooling sys,fuelinjection sys, RMS 4 link rear, rims ,tires, wire harness- all. interior, seats windshield. pully set and the list goes on.......I did just order a complete cooling sys from lead foot racing/champion radiators. what a nice outfit, great prices and very helpful.:cheers:
I have to pick rear disc setup . im not sure if willwoods the way to go,with there internal e brake VS other makes with single piston and ebrake on the caliper.:banghead:

I've gone with a carburetor for right now. After I finish the car
I might buy the fuel injection setup. Right now the 3 grand will go a long way to getting the car driving 😜

-
Back