1968 Barracuda with internal gauge régulator

-
"Did you disable the original regulator inside the fuel gauge?" No,only small wire is cutting but I will disable.
"The lug is still there covered with the plastic screw on protector."
Yes but the lug with the plastic screw is for the gas gauge not the régulator?

That was the original 5v out of the internal regulator in the fuel gauge. It is on the same bus as the other gauges. You have to disable the original regulator in the fuel gauge. The +12v fed in on terminal D in your first post. The fuel gauge and internal regulator sends out 5v on the plastic covered post that feeds the bus. The sender signal from the gas tank goes to terminal B in your first post.

You do not seem to understand that the fuel gauge on rally dashes had the regulator built into the fuel gauge. It was not a separate item and why there is three terminals on it.

You are feeding +5v to the +12v terminal on your original fuel gauge with built in limiter. Please review the previous posts as you will see that my new fuel gauge is only a two post gauge and an aftermarket replacement. As well my limiter/regulator is electronic.

Last edited:
That was the original 5v out of the internal regulator in the fuel gauge. It is on the same bus as the other gauges. You have to disable the original regulator in the fuel gauge. The +12v fed in on terminal D in your first post. The fuel gauge and internal regulator sends out 5v on the plastic covered post that feeds the bus. The sender signal from the gas tank goes to terminal B in your first post.

You do not seem to understand that the fuel gauge on rally dashes had the regulator built into the fuel gauge. It was not a separate item and why there is three terminals on it.

You are feeding +5v to the +12v terminal on your original fuel gauge with built in limiter. Please review the previous posts as you will see that my new fuel gauge is only a two post gauge and an aftermarket replacement. As well my limiter/regulator is electronic.
I disable the old regulator and connect like this and it works fine. Thanks a lot for your help.

View attachment 1715186264

DSCF7535.jpg

-
Back