1968 Dart GT 4 speed 318, 8 3/4 whats do you think it's value is ?

-

USAJon

Maryland U.S.A.
Reaction score
all primer car, was a vinyl top. rockers have holes you can put your hand sideways through..the rest of the rockers are bondo...both sides rear quarters are shot needs complete replacement. good carpet, headliner hanging down, dash cracked bad. all orignal car except has headers, lakewood traction bars..el chepo valve covers. . duel exhaust, 8 3/4 rear. factory gt interior with 4 speed shifter..says all trim there. motor sounds like a dead cylinder on the passenger side. bondo on front fenders.rust repair on front windshield pillars and rear window lowers near the trim...front grill missing center piece, left headlite benzel bent...lower part..fuel tank shot, fuel lines shot..runs bad with a anifreeze bottle gas fuel tank..straped to fenderwell..he asking $4500..but the rust looks major..dime hole in trunk.factory small bolt pattern rallys w/rings.good rubber.

Honestly if it is full of that much bondo plan on fixing and or replacing almost all the sheet metal. I probably wouldnt give $2000.00

yea.it's a shame this is the first 1968 dart i have look @ that runs/ being for sale. East cost has such a hard way to go buy a no rust...

The 8 3/4 rear and 4 spd set up are worth some good money. Sounds like a total rust bucket so that price needs to come down to make it worth it. There are probably a lot of rust issues you can't see.

it's a local car..I looked @ it @ night and I do not think the metal thats left you could hand rear quarters on...just a bondo beater.

it's a local car..I looked @ it @ night and I do not think the metal thats left you could hand rear quarters on...just a bondo beater.
Now, forgive me if I come off as a jerk, but I think your posts are very strange so far on this forum.

You make a comment like this - so why would you even ask if it's worth $4500? I think it's clear from your original description that this car is not worth more than what you could get from the rear and the tranny. You can always get more when selling parts seperately, so even w/ those parts, I would not buy that car for more than $600 or $700.

Now I've read all of your posts so far, and something just seems fishy. Not to mention your Ebay listing which makes no sense at all - read the questions and answers at the bottom of the listing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

well Im new to darts..a friend told me after I described the rust..that it probally would not take the new quarter pannels..

the ebay listing has gotten me two cars to inspect..this being one of them.
thanks for the post !

What's the Ebay auction number. The stupid *** referring deal has totally screwed up my ability to hit the links and see the stuff. At least before I could delete the referrer, not any more.

I am looking for a no rust 1968 dart...would like a 270, for a lonnng term project...

thanks for the post !

This is what you say in your Ebay ad.

'This is a salvage vehicle and is being sold for parts only. It is not operational or street legal. Therefore, upon purchase, it will need to be either towed or put on a trailer. This item is NOT eligible for the eBay Motors Vehicle Purchase Protection Program.'

Therefore it looks like you are SELLING a vehicle.

Then you say this,

'NO RUST RUNNING/WRECKED' which makes me think you are saying the 68 Dart you are selling has no rust, is running, but is wrecked, making it a SALVAGE vehicle.

I'm not trying to come across as rude, but if you are looking for buying a 68 Dart 270, then I am confused to the Ebay auction?

Thank you for posting that ad USAJon, it does help your situation.

I don't know if its just me but it looks like the car sags in the middle a little.
I also like how the poster spelled Hemi.
But I still don't think the car is worth $4500, just my opinion.

if you want check out my feedback under ebay USAJon..I am honest.

-
Back