Status
Not open for further replies.

moparclown

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
I am putting my 68 GTS 340 up for sale
This is my project car and yes it runs and drives as it has a rebuilt 1970 340 and a 727 in it now(#s engine was long gone)
I have replaced the frt floors and started to convert it over to a 4spd but I have not cut the hump out so it could be put back as an auto and I have the original auto console,shifter,linkage and console brackets.I have an original set of real solid 67 quarters and wheelhouses to repair the car.I already started welding up the back window area,passenger rocker and replaced the lower dog leg on the passenger side fender.I have most parts needed and are included for the 4spd conversion,trans,shifter and linkage,pedals,flywheel,bellhousing and Z bar.I have the correct seat medalions and the original GTS door panels with the emblems and the correct tailpanel,exhaust tips and hangers,date correct carb and many parts that go with it.This car is an original red car with a black vinyl top,tailstripe and interior.The car is in CT.06018
Asking $6000 for the car with every part that I have for it.
Thanks Doug

Attachments

• 000_3733.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 2,861
  • 000_3744.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 2,854
  • 000_3412.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 2,859
  • 000_3747.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 2,891
Craig
No as CT. does not issue titles to cars over 25 years old.But I have the 2nd owners phone # and she owned the car since 1973 and drove it till 1991.I know that some of you live in States that make titles mandatory and I am sorry but all I can say is that I have stayed intouch with the po and I just have to take the car to the State DMV and have the vin cleared in order to reg. it.
Sorry if this is a problem for anyone
Doug

Doug is right. Even if there was a title from the previous owner that was transferred to the new owner, once you get to DMV to register the car, they take the title away and give you the paperwork needed for what they call a "VIN" check.

A VIN check is nothing more than a fellow who works at DMV walking outside to your car, looking at the VIN through the windshield, and making sure it was copied down correctly on the registration application. Thats all they do.

I registered my old 69 Swinger 340 and my 69 convertible, and both cars only needed a VIN check. Both cars were from other states; the 340 car was from PA, and the 440 car was from NJ. In fact, the convertible had a NJ title given to me by the seller, and DMV took it away and destroyed it when I registered the car. The teller was nice enough to offer to make a copy of the title for me at the time.

Having said that, there must be some system between states to verify cars that are sold FROM Connecticut to other states as the CT car will NOT have a title.
I know this doesn't help the Canadian folks any, but I felt this info would help Doug with the sale of this car.

Doug, I would REALLY like to buy that Dart, but I am absolutely out of money and out of room. Not being a numbers car, and being a 4-speed, it would be a riot to build another 440 4-speed car, and it already has an 8-3/4 in it. Screaming deal in my opinion.
PS You did a great jon on those floors.

Good luck with the sale, bud.

George

Thanks George
It does make it tough for the title state guys.
I do know this if it will help?The local trooper here ran the #s and the car is clean and like I said the po (Claire) drove this car as her daily driver from 1973-1991 and cried the day we loaded it up 2 years ago.I have also stayed in touch with her and her husband.
I will be posting more pics tonight
Thanks Doug
Ps I will also talk different combos as in if you don't want the 4spd parts?But please be serious if you want to deal on this car.

This would be a great car for AdamR, he lives in Ct, but i think he's partial to Dart Sports.
He loves the red cars.
Maybe try to p.m. him.
Someone's going to get a good deal here!

Doug is right. Even if there was a title from the previous owner that was transferred to the new owner, once you get to DMV to register the car, they take the title away and give you the paperwork needed for what they call a "VIN" check.

A VIN check is nothing more than a fellow who works at DMV walking outside to your car, looking at the VIN through the windshield, and making sure it was copied down correctly on the registration application. Thats all they do.

I registered my old 69 Swinger 340 and my 69 convertible, and both cars only needed a VIN check. Both cars were from other states; the 340 car was from PA, and the 440 car was from NJ. In fact, the convertible had a NJ title given to me by the seller, and DMV took it away and destroyed it when I registered the car. The teller was nice enough to offer to make a copy of the title for me at the time.

Having said that, there must be some system between states to verify cars that are sold FROM Connecticut to other states as the CT car will NOT have a title.
I know this doesn't help the Canadian folks any, but I felt this info would help Doug with the sale of this car.

Doug, I would REALLY like to buy that Dart, but I am absolutely out of money and out of room. Not being a numbers car, and being a 4-speed, it would be a riot to build another 440 4-speed car, and it already has an 8-3/4 in it. Screaming deal in my opinion.
PS You did a great jon on those floors.

Good luck with the sale, bud.

George
So, George, would it be better ( if you have a title) to not even give it to the state of Conn. and just say you don't have one? I'm getting ready to register my duster and I do have a title from another state. Maybe I should keep it and say nothing?

That's what I would do, Doug. Don't offer up the title, as it seems as though DMV does not require it.
Some states have titles that allow for more than one re-assignment. If that is the case then you can tender the title to the new owner, a Canadian resident for example. This is why many buyers of titled cars ask the seller to just sign the title and not put in the buyer info. Made to order for guys that know they will be flipping a car and never registering it in their own name. Good luck with the sale, Doug.
Fellow FABO members, I saw this car in person. It is a good buy.

It is very hard in Ohio,i am still trying to get one for mine,after a lawyer and $300 later,still no dice...i applied for one in columbus and still no answer...

So, George, would it be better ( if you have a title) to not even give it to the state of Conn. and just say you don't have one? I'm getting ready to register my duster and I do have a title from another state. Maybe I should keep it and say nothing?
Yeah, you can hang onto it if you wish. They'll ask IF you have a title, and if not, no problem. If, on the other hand, you DO have a title for the car, I guarantee you will NOT get it back. LOL
Keep it in a safe place at home.

George

Yeah, you can hang onto it if you wish. They'll ask IF you have a title, and if not, no problem. If, on the other hand, you DO have a title for the car, I guarantee you will NOT get it back. LOL
Keep it in a safe place at home.

George
I agree with this 100%
Doug

So.. If you can get a clear title.. I can say I'm sure... with the extra pic's I asked for... i'm sure a deal can be made.. I know It's more work for you but.. a sale is a sale.. It sure would be nice to see it restored and living in Canada!

ok thanks guys, I'll keep the title. as it does indeed have a couple places on it for re-assignment to another person. This will make my duster more of an easy sell should I ever deciede to part with it. Kinda stupid all the states are not the same.

ok thanks guys, I'll keep the title. as it does indeed have a couple places on it for re-assignment to another person. This will make my duster more of an easy sell should I ever deciede to part with it. Kinda stupid all the states are not the same.
??????? Am I missing something here?????

In Mass it's a pain in the ***. Had to get a cop to sign off on some paperwork after he looked at the vin. And they charge us book value for sales tax not what you pay for the car. Sucks big time. If you don't get a title and pay the sales tax in 7 days they start to fine you for everyday it's not done.

In Mass it's a pain in the ***. Had to get a cop to sign off on some paperwork after he looked at the vin. And they charge us book value for sales tax not what you pay for the car. Sucks big time. If you don't get a title and pay the sales tax in 7 days they start to fine you for everyday it's not done.
ya, I work in Mass and live a mile into CT. so I have buddies that have ran into that in Mass. Actually the sales tax deal is the same here in conn. ( What ever the state says the car is valued at is what you pay, and not what you actually paid for the vehicle) but we don't have that fine where you pay every day, after 7 days of purchase. ( that sucks when you buy a project vehicle, and say it takes 3 years to complete, before you go to register it. thats a hefty fine) I guess you could leave the date of purchase off the bill of sale until your ready to register it though, and write the current date in. ( thats what my buddy did up there in Mass with is AAR cuda)

Doug, I'll see my buddy tomorrow and see if he is interested in the dart, and I'll let you know. He lives in Great Barrington, so this title thing will probably be an issue for him.

I promise to get fresh pics tomorrow,weather was outstanding here today and I got sidetracked working on my 69 Cuda.
This non title state crap sucks and I can't afford to spend the $$ to tag and get a title from a title Co. at this time as I am unemployed and just trying to survive.So with that said we need to keep this sale to those that can either deal with getting a title on their dime or deal with just a bill of sale and I know the car is clear as the local trooper ran the vin for me.
Sorry about this,just the way it is.
Doug

I believe in Indiana you can go under slavage title sometimes as a loophole happens alot with cycles. just a thought

I don't have an old registration but I have the plates that were on the car from 73-91 if that will help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back