1968 Dart progress

-
i have seen pics of your car on the site a never noticed it was shaved, very clean, well done, that radiator, im consitering the same on,did youi get it off the guy on ebay????,

Yes I called Ledfoot racing on Ebay and purchased it from them. Thanks for the compliment on my car... alot of people dont care for that look but it my car and money so.....lol

68's rule. it looks good to me. don't change a thing. or, change all of it. it is yours, after all.

very cool car! nice array of parts!!! hey u dont happen to have the turbo action cheetah scs shifter do you??

68's rule. it looks good to me. don't change a thing. or, change all of it. it is yours, after all.

Yup your right but I also like to hear that people like my car not hate it b/c of the mods I choose to do..lol

very cool car! nice array of parts!!! hey u dont happen to have the turbo action cheetah scs shifter do you??

I dont have the shifter I only have the turbo action manual reverse VB.. I went with a hurst ratchet shifter.

That car is amazing!

thanks man... you car is a beast as well bud.. i was actually just listening to videos of ur car on utube! I wanted to hear what a big cammed 360 sounded like..

man that black with the cragers looks bad ***, are those 14's????, i just bought a set of 14's

I painted the center section today... later when the paint dries I will be installing it in the housing with a new pinion seal and gasket... Then I can install my Dr. Diff 30 spline axles and disc brakes.

Wasnt that the same set of wheels and tires up for sale? I guess you kept em lol..they do look great though.

Dart is looking great too!

No the wheels and tires are long gone.. I have torq-thrust II's wrapped in BFG's now...

Pics of the freshly painted carrier...

painted diff.jpg

painted diff2.jpg

Center section is in.. I couldn't change the pinion seal right now b/c I dont have a socket big enough for it... will have to wait for next wkend.

I did however get the axles in and the rear disc brake caliper holder bolted up.. tomorrow I will but the calipers on.. I gotta tell you I have never done any of this stuff but it all seems fairly straight forward.

PICS of my progress today.

disc brake.jpg

disc brake 1.jpg

These brakes came with the E brake cables which I hope to try and figure out how to install them correctly.

Finished up the rear disc brakes today... I have no idea how to attach the tow E brake cables to the bracket already under the car... only one of the e brake end fittings fit into the bracket hole.. I guess i can always drill it to fit... Also where can I get the brake hose that goes from the hard line to the "T" on my 8.75? It looks like a 8" hose but I wanted the correct one.

I also installed my custom door panels today... very high quality from Toby... thanks bud.

brake sys.jpg

e brake.jpg

e brake 1.jpg

door panels.jpg

I just did a quick search on Rock Auto and put in for a 71 dart with a 225 because my stock hose from the original 7.25 was the same when I put in the 8.75. Go to the brake section and then "hydraulic hose". I think they have the correct one listed there with a pic

Finished up the rear disc brakes today... I have no idea how to attach the tow E brake cables to the bracket already under the car... only one of the e brake end fittings fit into the bracket hole.. I guess i can always drill it to fit... Also where can I get the brake hose that goes from the hard line to the "T" on my 8.75? It looks like a 8" hose but I wanted the correct one.

I also installed my custom door panels today... very high quality from Toby... thanks bud.

Those door panels are sic.

Cass already has all my damn money! lol

Ha,yes cars are expensive.. I will be spending future diolllars with him though and it's great to hear about all the positive feedback about him and what he sells.

Ok so another Christmas day for me today... I received my torque-thrust II ( rears 5.25 BS wrapped in 275/60/15) (fronts std BS wrapped in 215/60/15)

new wheels.jpg

new wheels 1.jpg

new wheels 2.jpg

new wheels 3.jpg

new wheels 4.jpg

new wheels 5.jpg

-
Back