1968, Formula S, 340, 4 Speed, Fastback.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you interested in trades I have a 72 Road Runner 400 4 spd petty blue car

X2 on the group 44 Dart. May have to go with 66 Barracuda more plentiful. are those other cars yours. Datsun and looks like Grand national.

X2 on the group 44 Dart. May have to go with 66 Barracuda more plentiful. are those other cars yours. Datsun and looks like Grand national.

No, the others are not my cars. That's my friends shop.

It's a 69 (I think) Datsun 510. You are correct about the Grand National (it's an 87).

If I had a pic to the right, you would see a 71 Chevelle SS, 72 Chevelle convertable (with a 502), 69 Baja Bug, and a 68 Unimog.

Its cool just to see all the cars together in the shop. Good luck with sale. I wish mine had a fender tag. Its a tough market. Not alot of cars for sale so people can compare the cars quality.

Not meant to be funny... a fact.... i already have a 69 340 swinger , and 89 Mustang GT and 2 daily drivers ..... I just sold a 76 RR ... i cannot justify having 3 garage queens at this time with 1 income... in fact my wife would not give a crap if i bought it now anyways... she supports my hobby for cars ...
she has been out of work for 3 years .. Govern motors downsizing... but things are coming back in the big D ...
But forumlaS340 good luck

Even more pics! It was nice to get the car outside and see it again with the drive train weight back in it.

I didn't realize how dirty the underside is. Looks like I need to take a day and do some cleaning.

DSCN0088.jpg

DSCN0090.jpg

DSCN0089.jpg

DSCN0087.jpg

DSCN0086.jpg

DSCN0085.jpg

DSCN0084.jpg

DSCN0083.jpg

DSCN0082.jpg

DSCN0081.jpg

DSCN0080.jpg

DSCN0079.jpg

DSCN0078.jpg

DSCN0077.jpg

DSCN0076.jpg

DSCN0075.jpg

hey there...
great car .. brings back a lot of memories. i bought an almost "new" 68 340 s 4speed factback cuda off of a mechanic at "Glen Dale Motors" - a Plymouth dealer in Glen Dale, W.Va. when i was junior at John Marshall High School in 1970. that car was the "brochure" car - turbine bronze with black interior, bucket seats with out headrests, no console and inland shifter. it did not have a reverse light on the dash. i know the Plymouth mechanic ordered the car and bought it new at the dealership. at that time, the new Plymouths could be ordered in August with the cars being on the lots by early/mid-September. i spent a lot of time hanging out at that dealership and i know that the cuda's and roadrunners were coming in with inland shifters for most of the 68 model year. all the 69 Plymouths had the replacement hurst shifters. i have never seen a 68 4 speed s cuda with a reverse light. if there were some, they had to be at the very end of the 68 model year run (june/july 1969). at the time, Plymouth had a practice of blurring the parts used on the cars during the current year/next year production runs. there are lots of parts that show up on two different years on these cars. and obviously, there were a number of parts like the inland shifter (and the kelsey hayes recalled 69 wheels) that were replaced due to defects or safety problems. i actually broke the inland shifter in my original cuda on a very stong 1-2 power shift during a mid-night street race. i replaced it with a hurst "competition-plus" shifter with a "reverse lock-out" lever sticking up with a red knob beside the shifter. if anyone has or knows of a 68 cuda with a reverse light, i would like to know the build date of the car.

hope this helps out a bit...

my cars are on here under "jimharvard"...
jim coster, pittsburgh, pa

oh.. just wanted to say... i'm not arguing with anyone who believes/knows that 68 cuda's had reverse lights... i would just like to know more about those cars if they are out there...

I totally understand cant say I have never felt the same way...but what ever you end up doing best of luck its a beauty

Fender Tag Info.

CAR: Plymouth Barracuda 2 Door Sports Hardtop
ENGINE: 340cid 4-bbl HP V8
TRANSMISSION: 4-Speed Manual Floor Shift
TIRES: E70x14 Red Sidewall, steel belted
MODEL YEAR: 1968
BUILD DATE: October O2.
AXLE: 3.23 Rear Axle Ratio, Sure Grip
INTERIOR: Deluxe Trim Grade, Vinyl Bucket Seats. Black Interior.
PAINT: Yellow (Dodge), Sunfire Yellow (Plymouth).
OTHER: Black (Dodge, Plymouth), Formal Black (Chrysler, Imperial) Upper Door Frame Color.

MOLDINGS:
25: Drip Rail Mouldings
30: Body Belt Mouldings
78: Wheel Lip Mouldings

ABC OPTIONS:
D9: Front Disk Brakes
F7: Barracuda Formula S Package
R1: AM Radio
S1: Air Conditioning
X3: Tinted Glass (All)

abc OPTIONS:
b4: Bucket Seats
m6: Driver's Outside Remote Operated Mirror
u1: Sold Car When Built (Somebody Ordered It)

Hey 1968FormulaS340!

A bargin at your price in running condition... My humble opinion.

As I have said before, beautiful car!

Good luck selling it & look forward to the new Dart build pictures...

Happy, Happy Holidays!
Ma Snart

Attachments

• 1968_h.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 934
Hey 1968FormulaS340!

A bargin at your price in running condition... My humble opinion.

As I have said before, beautiful car!

Good luck selling it & look forward to the new Dart build pictures...

Happy, Happy Holidays!
Ma Snart

Yup. I'm not marking it down because it needs a battery, push rods and a coil.

And just a friendly reminder. "Note: The price will not be negotiated." is posted right in my ad. Several people have tried to negotiate price and found me rude...... Wonder why?

Please stop showing all the great pic's! It will cause my second marrige and I'll have to come out there and show you what for!! lol.. I love your car. I just wish a certain someone here on this site would just open his wallet,let the moths out and buy it up!

Please stop showing all the great pic's! It will cause my second marrige and I'll have to come out there and show you what for!! lol.. I love your car. I just wish a certain someone here on this site would just open his wallet,let the moths out and buy it up!

Everyday I get closer to starting it. I have told several here that if I get that key in it and leave 2 big smokey black marks in the street out front.......

All thoughts of selling it may go away.

Everyday I get closer to starting it. I have told several here that if I get that key in it and leave 2 big smokey black marks in the street out front.......

All thoughts of selling it may go away.
** I wouldn't blame you a bit! If you do get it running,PLEASE show us a vid,or pic's of those 2 black marks! lol..

I have been waiting to see a video of it running since the day you starting working on it again. I love that car. I like the look of the dog dish wheels you have, but if it had those draglites back on it, that car would be freakin awesome. I like everything about it.

PLEASE DO SOME VIDEO.

I wish i could buy it, but have no place to store it. I'm already paying storage for five other cars.

Got a call on the car last night. It was the son of the owners that had it in the mid 70s.

I knew they had this car and a 68 Charger. Well, I was wrong, it was a 69 charger. Interesting part..... He still has the 69 Charger that he bought from his parents.

He will be looking at the Barracuda (he asked me about it years ago, he still works here in town).

He remembers playing in back (with the seat folded down) as his parents drove down the road (probably smoking too.)

lol, times have changed. Kids are strapped in a car seat like a NASCAR driver now.

Well, if he has the cash it will be his and he will have both of the family cars from back in the day.

But that's the thing..... I have a bunch of people that want it but everyone is short on funds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back