1968 SS Dart in progress

-
what is the backspacing on those front 4" wide Cragars?

if you ever decide to get rid/sell the fronts...please PM me

Definitely will not be getting rid of them as Cragar does not manufacture them in the 4" width anymore. I will have to get back with you on the back spacing.

A little more progress with tops of doors completely repainted with correct 68 door lock placement, mock up for final fitment check of new 68 headlight bezels with grill, and random pics. New windshield and rear glass will be installed this Wednesday afternoon. I'm excited!!!!!!

Attachments

• paint dart 002.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 746
  • paint dart 010.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 749
  • paint dart 009.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 759
  • paint dart 005.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 741
  • paint dart 004.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 745
  • paint dart 003.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 737
  • paint dart 001.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 739
Yes, they are a set of repops ordered from Classic Industries at $119.00 per side.

Cool, I will have Fernando's polish the few areas that need it and then hit you up for the pattern. Glad the fender flowed. A couple of small sags at the bottom but nothing that won't color sand out :).

Cool, I will have Fernando's polish the few areas that need it and then hit you up for the pattern. Glad the fender flowed. A couple of small sags at the bottom but nothing that won't color sand out :).

for sure! remember you need to have it fully polished, then anodized, then paint for the correct look.

Nope, gonna sand blast it, then have it acid dipped, then chemically stripped, hit it with some 220, straighten it with an English wheel, and then plasti dip. HEHEHE!!!!!!!

$200 for a set of 4 brackets.

Not too hijack the thread but curleys needs to clear some space in his PM box.
Hey Curleys I was looking through this dart build and seen where you do the SS seat brackets. Do you have any for a 68 Dart and what would they cost plus shipping to business zip code 90640. Thank you. Eddie

Not too hijack the thread but curleys needs to clear some space in his PM box.
Hey Curleys I was looking through this dart build and seen where you do the SS seat brackets. Do you have any for a 68 Dart and what would they cost plus shipping to business zip code 90640. Thank you. Eddie

Chris's brackets are thru SS and AFX...

http://ssandafx.com/prod.html

WOO HOO!!!!!! More progression on re-assembly! Available time to work on this beast is limited and so is the progress. Better to progress a little than not at all I suppose.
I purchased some sheet aluminum and fabricated my block off plates for the package tray and rear seat area. Also purchased a new package tray from Classic Industries and trimmed it to fit around the roll cage which I painted black until I can have my custom roll bar padding made. I needed to have all of this done prior to installation of the rear glass.
I finally obtained the correct front windshield gasket and had brand new windshield and clear rear glass installed along with restored stainless trim. Just finished installing the passenger side plexiglass, restored stainless, re-chromed vent window frame etc... I am in final phase of adjusting drivers side components and should have all of that installed next weekend. I have the correct straps for the manual pull up windows and have fabricated aluminum stand offs for the plexi to rest on in lowered position.
With any luck, I should be picking up my restored gauge cluster from Dick's Speedo-Tach here in Phoenix Arizona soon so I can finish off the dash.
The next items to be installed are my restored steering column and the new steering wheel with horn ring. A thorough nut and bolt to the entire undercarriage including suspension will commence so that I may lower her off the jigs. She's been up in the air for the past four years. It will be nice to see her on the ground :). All I have to do next are to have my bumpers restored and finish the interior and it will be ready for the drivetrain. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• side glass 006.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 633
  • side glass 005.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 640
  • side glass 004.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 632
  • side glass 003.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 652
  • side glass 001.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 658
  • NEW pics of dart and windshield seal 013.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 618
  • NEW pics of dart and windshield seal 011.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 645
  • NEW pics of dart and windshield seal 010.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 639
  • NEW pics of dart and windshield seal 003.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 640
  • NEW pics of dart and windshield seal 001.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 657
Thought I would roll her out into the sun and take a few pic's :). Dash is complete! Dick's Speedo-Tach did a great job on the gauge restoration. Radio delete plate prepped, painted, and installed finishes off the delete options. All of the plexiglass is in and boy does this crap scratch easy! Recommended for weight savings definitely but not for resiliency. Installed the hood trim (OER). I don't like it and will be ordering a different set from another supplier soon. I should be able to complete the interior within the next couple of months. I am selling my 91 Mustang LX to fund the completion of the Dart. I have put a lot of time, energy, and money into getting the 'Stang ready for sale and I should have plenty of fresh capital to work with. Income tax returns coming in soon as well :).

Attachments

• BLUE MUSTANG 008.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 509
  • BLUE MUSTANG 009.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 492
  • BLUE MUSTANG 007.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 510
  • BLUE MUSTANG 006.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 516
  • BLUE MUSTANG 012.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 500
  • BLUE MUSTANG 010.JPG