1968 Valiant Ralley Dash? Did they exist?

-

aeroscott

Reaction score
A guy approached me at the Fall Fling(Van Nuys,CA. Oct,21.Huge MOPAR car show)and said he had a Ralley Dash for a 68' Valiant(which I was showing) and he said it matched my interior. He sent me pictures and it looks like it's in really good condish. I went to look at it in person and it's pristine and appears to be built in the same template as the common dash, it just has the round ralley guages. I have never seen or heard of these for 68's before. I've collected boat loads of sales literature and find no mention of it there either. A guy at allpar.com seemed to think it might be Canadian. Anyone know what the deal is?

Thanks!
Scott R.
Pasadena,CA.
-1968 Plymouth Valiant 200/V8-273
-1965 Dodge Dart GT/V8 Charger-273
:headbang:

There is a 68 Valiant for sale on Moparts with a Rallye dash in it. Looks original.

I've been around a-bodies since 1978 and I've never heard of one, but that's not to say it wasn't a foreign model (Mexican 68 GTS Darts had the Barracuda dash). There should be a VIN on it. What does that say?

I forgot to write down the VIN number but it did have what appeared to be a build sheet of sorts pasted to the inside of the glove box. So from all the asking around I've done it's probably more likely to be Mexican than Canadian, or American. I think I'm gonna get it though. It's pretty cool, and would make my otherwise stock appearing car a bit unique. And besides, my car may appear stock, but has been hot rodded a little.

Thanks!
Scott R.
-1968 Plymouth Valiant 200/ V8-273
-1965 Dodge Dart GT/ V8 Charger-273
:headbang:

Scott, I agree with the attitude about adding it to your car. We have a 67 Barracuda dash in my son's 67 Dart GT convertible.

A guy approached me at the Fall Fling(Van Nuys,CA. Oct,21.Huge MOPAR car show)and said he had a Ralley Dash for a 68' Valiant(which I was showing) and he said it matched my interior. ....

I bring up situations exactly like this when people say they don't want to bring their cars to a show because they think they aren't nice enough or they won't win a trophy.

Not that Scott car isn't nice, I don't even know which 68 Valiant was his.

But the spectator just approached a car and owner in person that the dash was a perfect fit for (color and car) and offered it to him (Scott). Some people might say that Scott was lucky. But I say he created his luck.

When you go out to shows, networking and oppurtunities like this happen. To me, this in one of the many purposes to put on our Fall/Spring shows.

Scott do you think he is asking a fair price for the dash? Does it come with the wiring? I think you can modifiy your Valiant wiring to fit.

Hope to see you out a Spring Fling.

Valiant Signet models had rallye dashes in them. It had a mph speedo and a blank filling in the tach hole. Some had a vac guage. This was discontinued in 68 and 69 models did not have the rallye dash.

-
Back