1969 Dart GT 440 vs. 2010 Camaro SS/RS

-

roccodart440

Reaction score
We raced 3 times. Once from a rolling start and twice from 55.

How do you guys think that went?

Camaro was a 6 speed paddle shift auto with borla exhaust and an intake.

depends whats done to the dart. and how good a driver the camaro has. not really enough information provided here.

did ya race through the turns too?

depends whats done to the dart. and how good a driver the camaro has. not really enough information provided here.

did ya race through the turns too?

What's a turn? LOL

Camaro driver is LV Dragway track champ and lisenced to go 8's NHRA.

Dart is 69 440 GT auto 3:55's with GV OD.

engine is 950cfm, eddy RPm heads and intake, [email protected] MPP cam. Schumachers.

I'm sure your gonna say the Dart kicked Camaro ***! I would be very impressed to hear this too.

what's a stock ss camaro run? high 12's to low 13's if everything goes right? hope a 440 dart can run that.

i'd be more impressed if the dart could beat the camaro in the turns, could stop as well as the camaro had all the creature comforts as the camaro and got better mileage then the camaro..

Well, I would say he won if it was a stock 440 GT...but since you started this post, I would have to assume you won or you probably wouldn't have opened this up to the world...lol.

i want to see abodyjoe vs bumblebee... or are they the same car?!?!?!?

DSC_0019-1.jpg

VS.

images

I beat him so badly he was embarrassed as in 4 car lengths... We ran to over 130 the first run.

He claimed it didnt' shift right, ok again and this time a 55 roll on. It was like he shut his car off. twice.. He was big time bummed out and is a big GM guy so it was a double stinger.

Best part was a few guys I new saw it go down.

I beat him so badly he was embarrassed as in 4 car lengths... We ran to over 130 the first run.

He claimed it didnt' shift right, ok again and this time a 55 roll on. It was like he shut his car off. twice.. He was big time bummed out and is a big GM guy so it was a double stinger.

Best part was a few guys I new saw it go down.

wonderful. now take it to the curvy road and see what happens.. :)

Well a 440 in an abody handles like a tractor in mud !!
More like a plow !! Lol
Remember the green brick ?
I think it was 69 valiant mopar action.mag car ?
That thing ate high dollar cars for lunch !!!
But it was a small block .

Some of these late model car owners don't understand the traction control or tow/haul modes on these cars & trucks.

My daughter was racing my wifes 300C & she drew a new SS Camaro with a girl driving it.
The first thing I notice is, she is spotting the Camaro.
14.28 vs 14.52
I don't think these people know about turning the traction control off.
If you hit the wifes car with it on, it sort just sits there.
Turn it off, & it will smoke the hides.

My sons truck this past weekend, ran 15.65 with the traction control off, but with the trac control off & tow/haul mode turned on, it ran 15.32.

Now go dollar for dollar mod for mod and watch the camaro run away. Hate to say it but I've had plenty of encounters with the LS platform.

Well a 440 in an abody handles like a tractor in mud !!

They can handle. Mine is setup for the straight line. Fat wrinkle walls, skinnies, etc.

Some of these late model car owners don't understand the traction control or tow/haul modes on these cars & trucks.

My daughter was racing my wifes 300C & she drew a new SS Camaro with a girl driving it.
The first thing I notice is, she is spotting the Camaro.
14.28 vs 14.52
I don't think these people know about turning the traction control off.
If you hit the wifes car with it on, it sort just sits there.
Turn it off, & it will smoke the hides.

My sons truck this past weekend, ran 15.65 with the traction control off, but with the trac control off & tow/haul mode turned on, it ran 15.32.

He had it turned off according to huim but I don't think a half second faster would have helped him much.

Now go dollar for dollar mod for mod and watch the camaro run away. Hate to say it but I've had plenty of encounters with the LS platform.

Camaro was over 30g's + the mods. My car cost me about 17,000. I'm stil not impressed. That camaro is a PIG.

He called me today, still bummed...

I was just pointing out the potential. Hell there's a stock bottom end 5.3 LS that just went 5.19 1/8 they are impressive.

Why are we asking old school iron to handle like a new Camaro?? My '05 Pontiac GP outhandles any of them old muscle cars, Ford, Chevy or Mopars if they're stock suspension. And most of us that street race take 'em out of town to the 1/4 mile, right?

Camaro was over 30g's + the mods. My car cost me about 17,000. I'm stil not impressed. That camaro is a PIG.

He called me today, still bummed...

what kind of times did both cars run?? what was the mph of both cars?

most challenger guys i know that run autos run with the traction control on. and even then its tricky to launch them. the guys that have figured them out can get a basically stock r/t into the real low 13's while others are running high 13's to mid 14's.

ok so you are at about half way to the price of a new camaro. and so far all you did was beat it in the quarter mile. now go make it not only beat it in the quarter mile. make it beat it in comfort, luxury,cornering,stopping and mpg. then let me know how much cheaper the dart was to build. the camaro like the new challenger and mustang are built to be all around good performers not just a straight line piece.

I was just pointing out the potential. Hell there's a stock bottom end 5.3 LS that just went 5.19 1/8 they are impressive.
The guy who is charge of the street racers on Street Outlaws is driving a 10 second turbo 5.3 1500 truck so don't bash ls platforms I just hate the cars. I wish the 6.1- 6.4 platform was as easy to work with and get the power gains they get.

Yup, I hate those damn thing's, but they build incredible power especially with some boost! Half of the fox body mustangs at RSD run those thing's, there was one at WIR last summer that went low 9's with a big turbo on it at nearly 150 mph in 1/4. You running that duster this friday at RSD?

No. I don't go to WIR RSD ever. Too far when I can be at GLD for their RSD in 45 minutes lol

wonderful. now take it to the curvy road and see what happens.. :)

Who cares about a curvy road?? Last I heard a drag race didn't have curves. Next you'll want what...a gas mileage contest??

Pics of the Dart please!

what kind of times did both cars run?? what was the mph of both cars?

most challenger guys i know that run autos run with the traction control on. and even then its tricky to launch them. the guys that have figured them out can get a basically stock r/t into the real low 13's while others are running high 13's to mid 14's.

ok so you are at about half way to the price of a new camaro. and so far all you did was beat it in the quarter mile. now go make it not only beat it in the quarter mile. make it beat it in comfort, luxury,cornering,stopping and mpg. then let me know how much cheaper the dart was to build. the camaro like the new challenger and mustang are built to be all around good performers not just a straight line piece.

Apples and oranges that does not apply. Drag races aren't decided on who's got cup holders.

Still don't get it. A guy beats a Camaro and its like "bet he is safer with his air bags, so there"... or "now you have to beat him from 60-0 in a braking contest". Man, oh man. lol By the way, I saw a brand new 2012 Camaro SS at the dragway last year go 14.00 flat at 100 mph 3 straight runs. I wasn't overly impressed....

-
Back