1969 Dodge Dart GTS

-
Yeah let me know. We would have to have them sent out to be printed b/c I don't think my ink jet will cut it? I could make the PS file and source a printer.

Doubt the ink from your ink jet will not stand up to the weather

I had some emblems made for my Dart for the engine. Got tired of people asking what size engine is that, so had them made to fit on the round flat spot in the valve covers

they are off the same lines as the hood call outs, pro printed on chrome looking material then has a plastic topping they call DOMED like most new emblems for the cars today

This would work great for the rear panel emblem, might even look better than the factory ones

View attachment 340right.jpg

not sure if you can see the round emblem on the front of the valve cover, it wasn't a close up of the emblem

Doubt the ink from your ink jet will not stand up to the weather

I had some emblems made for my Dart for the engine. Got tired of people asking what size engine is that, so had them made to fit on the round flat spot in the valve covers

they are off the same lines as the hood call outs, pro printed on chrome looking material then has a plastic topping they call DOMED like most new emblems for the cars today

This would work great for the rear panel emblem, might even look better than the factory ones

View attachment 1714517011

not sure if you can see the round emblem on the front of the valve cover, it wasn't a close up of the emblem

That is hard to see but sounds like what would need to happen with the rear panel stickers. I am trying to figure out how to get the chrome to show up.

Started masking my grill for a repaint. There is alot of tiny little ribs. I will shoot this part argent and then mask that off for the black.

Attachments

• grill.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 963
Rob, is it possible to put the DART GTS rear panel logo on a thin sheet of aluminum or stainless with a good adhesive that can be glued on to the finish panel?

NICE car. 68 and 69 GTS and Swingers are my favorite A-Bodies.
The dash looks great, dont know if you considered putting on of those caps over it.
I bought one from yr one for my Duster, piece of cake to put on. My dash was alot worse than yours ( based on the pics )
on the paint, I vote keep it white, black stripe. The rims would look sharp with that, just an opinion,
you know what they say about those :D

NICE car. 68 and 69 GTS and Swingers are my favorite A-Bodies.
The dash looks great, dont know if you considered putting on of those caps over it.
I bought one from yr one for my Duster, piece of cake to put on. My dash was alot worse than yours ( based on the pics )
on the paint, I vote keep it white, black stripe. The rims would look sharp with that, just an opinion,
you know what they say about those :D

Hey I did see those caps but mine isn't too bad so I just shot it with some paint. I actually put one of those on another dart I had. They aren't bad at all. I am pretty sure I will go with white. Thanks.

What paint did you use for the steel part of the dash? Flat, semi gloss...spray can? Krylon or ?

Is it the same black for the grille and tail panel?

Which argent - dark or light?

Spray can?

Where do I get the correct argent in small quantities or spray cans

Thanks in advance.....

What paint did you use for the steel part of the dash? Flat, semi gloss...spray can? Krylon or ?

Is it the same black for the grille and tail panel?

Which argent - dark or light?

Spray can?

Where do I get the correct argent in small quantities or spray cans

Thanks in advance.....

I used spray can trim paint for the dash and light argent for the grill. You can get argent through eastwood I think. I am not sure what to use for the black on the grill yet.

I got my Upper Small Ball Joint Control Arms and some adjustable strut rods from Badart! They are sweet, I fully recomend them! Thanks John. Now I can put my front end together.

This build has taken me places I was not planning on going. I was going to just get the car painted and running, now I have torn into almost every aspect of the car. It will be sweet when done though I hope.

Attachments

• IMG_2740.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 881
  • IMG_2741.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 870
I am glad that you got them alright. Sorry it took so long, but hopefully worth the wait.

I am glad that you got them alright. Sorry it took so long, but hopefully worth the wait.

It is super nice stuff. It is just all new to me with adjustments and stuff. I will get it figured out. Do the allen head bolts on the struts rods go all the way into the strut rod or should they have some adjustment?

Here are some pics. My friend never showed up so this is what I got done today. It isn't easy getting this all bolted up by yourself. I got the K member in(striped a bolt into the frame) F@#k! I got one disk mounted anyways here is the results.

Attachments

• IMG_2747.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 863
  • IMG_2746.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 850
  • IMG_2745.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 862
  • IMG_2744.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 854
Do the allen head bolts on the struts rods go all the way into the strut rod or should they have some adjustment?

Yes the allen head bolts should be all the way in and tight (Make sure there is anti-seize on the threads). To make adjustments to the length of the rods, remove the bolt running through the heim and turn the heim in the sleeve to make the adjustment. I would set them up in a good neutral position where you are not putting any forward or rearward tension on the Lower control arm bushing. Measure and make sure they are the same on each side. Cycle the suspension and check the heims to make sure that they are clocked so there is no binding. You should be able to adjust your caster with the upper control arms.

Edit; In the very last picture you can see that the heim is clocked in the wrong position. It should be more vertical. I would go ahead and install the torsion bars also, so the lower control arms are in the correct position (more forward).

Sorry to hear about the frame rail bolt. Is is stripped or did the nut spin inside of the frame rail?

Yes the allen head bolts should be all the way in and tight (Make sure there is anti-seize on the threads). To make adjustments to the length of the rods, remove the bolt running through the heim and turn the heim in the sleeve to make the adjustment. I would set them up in a good neutral position where you are not putting any forward or rearward tension on the Lower control arm bushing. Measure and make sure they are the same on each side. Cycle the suspension and check the heims to make sure that they are clocked so there is no binding. You should be able to adjust your caster with the upper control arms.

Edit; In the very last picture you can see that the heim is clocked in the wrong position. It should be more vertical. I would go ahead and install the torsion bars also, so the lower control arms are in the correct position (more forward).

Sorry to hear about the frame rail bolt. Is is stripped or did the nut spin inside of the frame rail?

OK thanks for the advise. The heims and LCA's are still loose so when I tighten them I will make sure they are verticle. I should take out the bolt next to the heim or just adjust it all they way out? I am going to put in the torsion bars and other disk and drop it down and tighten everything once I have the strut rods adjusted correctly.

OK thanks for the advise. The heims and LCA's are still loose so when I tighten them I will make sure they are verticle. I should take out the bolt next to the heim or just adjust it all they way out? I am going to put in the torsion bars and other disk and drop it down and tighten everything once I have the strut rods adjusted correctly.

I would pull the bolt running through the heim and install everything and tighten it down then thread in the heim to the desired length

Well since I moved and my other house is going to be rented on the 1st of august I have to get this car at least rolling and ready to be moved to the inlaws for a few months while my garage is being built at my new place. Today I got it back together, I still have some stuff to do but now at least it will be rolling. I am going to put the original 340 back in for storage.

So I got the 1.03 torsion bars installed along with my new shocks and the UCA's etc. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• IMAG0031.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 793
  • IMAG0033.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 794
  • IMAG0044.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 791
  • IMAG0064.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 800
  • IMAG0103.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 802
  • IMAG0201.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 789
  • IMAG0202.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 809
  • IMAG0203.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 802
Got the 340 back in and the hood on for storage. I hate to have this project halted but I have to get the garage built.

Attachments

• IMAG0337.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 772
Well I got the front together and then got a deal on some SSBC 11.25" disks that were basically brand new. Today I am going to repaint them I already degreased them yesterday. I will take pics. I am going to swap out my stock brakes for these. Kind of a shame since I put a lot of work into the stock KH brakes. But these are pretty nice and bigger I believe.

Anyone know if these are the same lower ball joints as the KH? Also can i use a regular brake line hose and my RMS master cylinder?

Attachments

• IMAG0387.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 710
  • IMAG0388.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 723
Got the new brakes on and sold my other ones to a local guy who is building a 71 dart. I gave him a killer deal and I got to keep these sweet brakes. I also picked up a nice power steering bracket for my stroker motor.

Attachments

• IMAG0401.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 669
  • IMAG0414.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 675
Saying goodbye to my garage. I finally rented my place for a 2 year lease. They are a nice family. I have to get my car and stuff out today or tomorrow. 4 engines, a cherry picker, trans, tool box etc. I am having my friend come over to help me with his truck. Here are a few pics of the dart before it goes outside for a few months with a car cover.

Attachments

• IMAG0426.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 662
  • IMAG0428.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 645
  • IMAG0427.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 630
  • IMAG0429.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 647
  • IMAG0430.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 648
-