1969 M code dart k frame

-
Thank you
I was told that the k frame for the 440 darts are different than the one on 383 darts

The mounts are different on the motor, but the same on the k frame.
I think the 67 k frame may be a little different from the 68/69.

The mounts are different on the motor, but the same on the k frame.
I think the 67 k frame may be a little different from the 68/69.

67 used a different idler arm than 68 69 .

The driver side engine bracket is different between the 383 and the 440 , the pass side bracket and both isolators are the same 383-440

I have a 440 in my 69 383-S fastback and am using 383 mounts on both sides. Works perfect, I am not sure why the factory used different drivers side mounts.

I have a 440 in my 69 383-S fastback and am using 383 mounts on both sides. Works perfect, I am not sure why the factory used different drivers side mounts.

You must be using a 440 that has the two bosses cast into the front of the block like they did on some of the 383's. On the M-Code cars they tapped the two bosses by the oil pump, bent the drivers side bracket a little differently then took and welded a crude piece of angle iron to the bracket. The angle iron then was bolted to the oil pump boss.

I dont know if they are different, but here is a pic of the K frame in the M code car I had.

Image0017.jpg

Image0015.jpg

You must be using a 440 that has the two bosses cast into the front of the block like they did on some of the 383's. On the M-Code cars they tapped the two bosses by the oil pump, bent the drivers side bracket a little differently then took and welded a crude piece of angle iron to the bracket. The angle iron then was bolted to the oil pump boss.

this is correct, here's the 440 mount

Dave,

Please repost the image of the "M"-Code 440 Driver's Side Motor Mount Bracket. Is there any way that a person could reproduce this bracket using an existing or reproduction 383Driver's Side Bracket? I think that I have seen images of this bracket before and it looked like a person could reproduce it relatively easy.

Thanks,

Dan

pic, if you need more let me know

Attachments

• 69 m code cuda 013.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 771
Actually that angle iron is part of the front shock mount for 69 Dodge pick up. So if you had access to that style pick up you could use that.

Thank you very much! I'll be on the look-out for a 69' Dodge Pick-Up then! Is 69' the only year? Or will most of the old Dodge Trucks around that model work? Do you have any close-up pictures of this mount with no obstructions? If so, would you mind posting a few? I guess measurements would be Self-Explanitory once you had the 383 Mount already bolted to your 440 block right?

Thanks again,

Dan

The 440 mounting points on the block are not the same as the 383 mounting points, or bosses, as stated earlier.
I'm not sure you could make a 440 mount out of a 383 one.

Is the 440 mount just a 383 mount that has been stretched open and a piece of metal welded to where the two 383 mounting holes, that line up with the bosses, used to be?

The first 4 pics are of a 383, the last one is of a 440 which does not have the bosses that the 383 has- did I get that right? Anyone?

Attachments

• 65c-6769abosses.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 675
  • db_20060513_Pics__94_1.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 649
  • DSCN3200.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 636
  • DSC06053.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 644
  • M-code%20engine.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 663
Thanks for the GREAT Pics! What is the measurement Bolt To Bolt Centerline? How deep are the holes in these bosses? (1" or more?) What are the threads? (3/8" Coarse)? From what I'm understanding, it is the same Motor Mount Bracket as a 383 right? (Just slightly bent?). As far as the 1969 Dodge Truck Shock Mount, how long is this particular piece? Could someone please post some more close-ups of this? (Several different angles of the Left/Driver's 440 Mounting Bracket).

Thanks,

Dan

Thank you very much! I'll be on the look-out for a 69' Dodge Pick-Up then! Is 69' the only year? Or will most of the old Dodge Trucks around that model work? Do you have any close-up pictures of this mount with no obstructions? If so, would you mind posting a few? I guess measurements would be Self-Explanitory once you had the 383 Mount already bolted to your 440 block right?

Thanks again,

Dan

Any Dodge truck of that year range will work, just open some hoods. The real easy was to do this would be to find a 440 block with the 383 style bosses cast into it.

I wish i could post this in neon yellow on the main page bc ik alot of ppl who are looking for this. Engine-swaps.com. Schuntmahmmer or how ever you spell it ( dont feel like looking it up) but they make this and ITS NOT ON THE WEB SIGHT!! YOU HAVE TO CALL THEM TO GET IT.

$75 with the insulator! And they a military discount! Cant beat it. I am using it on my 69 m code pro street.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 376
-
Back