1969 Race Dart w/ 426 Hemi- garaged for 45+ years

-
I don’t know Sean @replicaracer43 personally, but I’ve seen enough interaction between him and other members here for a long time now to know his quality of character and skill, and for some reason it made sense to put @Maxcustody and him in touch very early in this cars resurrection. I’m glad I did and they are following through. Nice teamwork to everyone involved. One of these days when visiting family in NC I’d really like to shake some hands on that side of the country.
Best decision ever :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

After a lot of back and forth, I think I have settled on these 8.5" diameter air cleaners. I think this size will look the best and be the most proportioned to the engine. I was looking at the smaller 6" size but looked too much like a top hat, too small and just did not look right.

Here is another pic of them on a Hemi..........

engine2.jpg

mor-66310.jpg

After a lot of back and forth, I think I have settled on these 8.5" diameter air cleaners. I think this size will look the best and be the most proportioned to the engine. I was looking at the smaller 6" size but looked too much like a top hat, too small and just did not look right.

Here is another pic of them on a Hemi..........

View attachment 1716124807

View attachment 1716124808
Those are extremely efficient. Moroso swiped their design from General Motors after their patent ran out. GM did a HUGE study on air flow in the 60s that transcended their ENTIRE line of air cleaners from the late 60s all the way through the 70s and possibly beyond. Those are some GOOD air cleaners.

Those are extremely efficient. Moroso swiped their design from General Motors after their patent ran out. GM did a HUGE study on air flow in the 60s that transcended their ENTIRE line of air cleaners from the late 60s all the way through the 70s and possibly beyond. Those are some GOOD air cleaners.
Thanks Rob I really think they will look great. Also sounds like they are not only cool but actually work :thumbsup:

Clearly I got no dog in this but I personally think the air cleaner vs velocity stacks question, cosmetically is a win for air cleaners. The racer in me prefers velocity stacks but artistically the air cleaners look better as they conform with the overall shape of the motor. The VL stacks look bolted on and the cleaners look like they are part of it. But I mean seriously, it is a 426. You could put two watermelons on there and it is still way cool!

I like the looks of the Moroso air cleaners since they match the 'bling' of the chromed valve covers.
The velocity stacks will give off more of a competition image.
Of course, you can always run one thing on the street and change to something else while at a show with the hood up. Our club Treasurer has a '62 Max Wedge Savoy that runs a pair of these on the street for filtering and efficiency...

AC.jpg

and then changes to these at a show for correct looks...

AC2.png

I have to run small filters that sit directly on the carb, with no filter baseplate for hood clearance. I haven't found a workable replacement yet. I am running the Super Stock Hemi hood on my Barracuda. Hood clearance is definitely something to consider...

Boss Mag Pic.jpg

@Oldschool definitely in agreement with this. The current hood has the scoop setup for the tunnel ram that was on there....................we will see how it works out.

JEVK2259.JPG

I have to run small filters that sit directly on the carb, with no filter baseplate for hood clearance. I haven't found a workable replacement yet. I am running the Super Stock Hemi hood on my Barracuda. Hood clearance is definitely something to consider...

View attachment 1716124889
Ok that is pure d sexy right there!

-
Back