Not open for further replies.

hoohaadart

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1970 Dodge Dart Custom.
NE Philadelphia, PA

I was going to build a 340 swinger clone for my Dad but unfortunately, that's not going to happen. I didn't tell my wife about it so when she found out, it didnt go over too well.

Car has the slant six and auto trans and runs and drives. Car has 79,000 miles on it, floors are mint, trunk is perfect, quarters are rotted, but I already bought all of the sheet metal and it comes with the car. I have new AMD METAL, both quarters, both outer wheel housings, and both trunk extensions. I did start the body work, cut off the right quarter and am slowly working on getting the trunk extension and wheel housing off. Lack of motivation has slowed things down. Car is ready to be worked on, and with a little bit of effort and elbow grease, it can be awesome. I need the money for household repairs, apparently they are more important than my fun.
Thanks

Terry 267-716-5994, call or text any time.

More pictures are available at http://s963.photobucket.com/albums/ae117/allentiretp/Project Hoo Haa/

Attachments

• dart3.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 735
  • dart4.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 754
  • dart.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 738
  • dart5.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 741
Nice car and that's a pretty good deal. No offense and it's really none of my business, but you will be kicking yourself if you sell this car. Keep this car and tell your wife to back off. That's what I do.

i feel your pain man, i took a thrashing from my fiance when my dart got dropped off in the driveway. been a month and im still hearing about it. if it makes you feel any better, i had to sell my 74 cuda that i had for 15 years to pay for a new bathroom. it killed me to have to make that decision.

That would be the day if my wife even thought about bitching about my car.... My wife would not have a say...

That suckssss sell the car.I have the best gale going when I sell my cars she says there better be another one soon or DIVORCE.Good luck,and when she wants a new pair of hi heel shoes well you know what to say I hope.

Supposed to make good decisions before you say "I Do". You have to understand each others needs and work together without "one-sidedness". Thats why I was divorced twice :toothy10:, those previous wives seemed to think it was more about their needs and didn't consider my sacrifice. I got a great one now, I would give her anything, as she would to me. :cheers:

Go buy 3 more cars then ask her witch 2 you can keep. My wife says its an addiction that can't be cured. Now she's just glad to come home and not have me rebuilding carbs on the kitchen table or fenders laying in the floor. Just act stupid she'll give up. Hell my wife likes chevys, so I bought her a 69 chevelle, then never worked on it, its gone and she drives my dodge truck and I tell its hers. I have a pit bull addiction to, she used to hate them, so bought her a pit bull puppy, now she is hooked. Build your dart,she'll get over it.

I feel for you.

A few months ago I showed my wife a car on craiglist. Well she was going to Florida for the weekend and I *surpised* her with the car in our driveway when she got home. LOL

That didnt work well.

It isnt about being a man or anyting like that. It is about respect for each other and deciding how to spend/save/invest money.

My wife wasnt mad at first because I was going to keep the front clip and sell the rest. She lost it when I said, "You know I ought to keep it." LOL

She was right. That was another expense I didnt need and it would have detracted from doing anything to my Valiant. (Which it would have)

I am going to finally get serious on my Valiant this winter after owning it for 9 years.

Go buy 3 more cars then ask her witch 2 you can keep. My wife says its an addiction that can't be cured. Now she's just glad to come home and not have me rebuilding carbs on the kitchen table or fenders laying in the floor. Just act stupid she'll give up. Hell my wife likes chevys, so I bought her a 69 chevelle, then never worked on it, its gone and she drives my dodge truck and I tell its hers. I have a pit bull addiction to, she used to hate them, so bought her a pit bull puppy, now she is hooked. Build your dart,she'll get over it.

marriage is about honor, you need to get on her and stay on her...

My wife knows that boys require toys..however, Years ago my friend married a bi*ch..he was really into VW bugs at that time and his wife really said me or the cars and he really divorced her..he has a much better wife who is into cars..

Grassy..

Good luck with the sale. I would have went and bought another but thats because for me if there is food on the table I do as I wish with cars.

My wife knows that boys require toys..however, Years ago my friend married a bi*ch..he was really into VW bugs at that time and his wife really said me or the cars and he really divorced her..he has a much better wife who is into cars..

Grassy..

Now that "its me or your car stuff" would never play with me.

I tell Rhonda that some people collect unwanted animals, I collect unwanted cars.

I also tell her I am an addict and she knew it when she married me for better or worse. Then I say, "Guess what? It got worse!"

Good luck with the sale.

I have been married 39 years, and have always chosen to sell them on my own. Usually due to being bored and wanting something else more. Early on though, it was about money, and I sold several I wish I could have kept.

I can't imagine what I would have done if the Mrs. told me to sell one, probably wouldn't have been very fun, fortunately that didn't happen.

For the last few, she knows that if I sell one, a bigger project is right behind it. So she begs me to hold on to the one I have.

But to make a marriage successful, you do have to make compromises. Good luck with both.

8)I would love to buy your car:toothy10: But I just got off the phone with my wife and she said:thebirdm: if you get another before I get my new vehicle:happy10: I would have to sleep in it cause she would take everything else. :angry7:
Good luck with your sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back