1970 Dart Swinger B5/White updated pictures

-

ChazRam

1964 Valiant V200
Reaction score
These are the pictures of my 70 Swinger, (there are alot of them). This car was just gone through the last few weeks and everything was detailed. New emblems, new trim rings, buffed paint, tuned up, new interior knobs, and other assorted odds and ends. Now the car is ready for the 'cruise season'. It operates as good as it looks now, enjoy!!!
002-3.jpg

004-3.jpg

003-3.jpg

006-2.jpg

005-4.jpg

007-3.jpg

Very nice love the blue and white just the same as mine,I even painted the black in the emblems that ma mopar did in black now white to go with the white I have.

Even more,
015-1.jpg

016-1.jpg

018-1.jpg

019-1.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

Thats about it. Lots of work into the car, still alot to do. Im looking for some items. Anyone have some spare 70 Swinger parts they want to sell keep an eye out in the 'parts wanted' area of FABO for my 'shopping list'. Thanks,
Chas

Thanks for the kind words guys. the car does not look much different than it has the last 6 years ago or so but if I put pictures up to compare it would be more noticable. The emblems needed to be replaced, the 68 Cuda flip gas cap was pitted and faded and needed to go. I had a hell of a time finding good retaining nut bezels and knobs for the switches. The radio knobs were off of a Dodge Shadow or LeBaron (one of them style of cars) from a boneyard. The volume and tune knobs fit right on but I had to take the fine tuning knobs and drill out the centers, file down the original knobs and super glue what was left into the centers of the drilled out knobs to make them work.
I still have to get bumpers, three pieces of trunk/extension trim, hood emblem, and wheel lip moldings on the car along with the want list I am putting together to get the missing items I still need for the car. Next year a new motor, upgraded big bolt brakes, springs and torsion bars and all front suspension. For now its 'drive time' and little afternoon project upgrades.
Chas.

Steve, the cap is a stock 68 Cuda cap. I can take more deteiled pics but an explanation on how to do this will pretty much sum up what needs to be done. There is an adapter that was made by a guy on the FABo site a couple of years ago. His screen name on the site is formulaSvaliant. He made a bunch of them. I do not know if he is still making them. If you want I can see if I can locate any e mail/pm past activity and get you his info. Anyhow, this adapter is amazing. Just two holes drilled on the cap base so there are 4 holes like the the filler neck tube. Take 4 slightly longer screws, put the adapter over the filler tube, place the cap on the adapter, install the 4 screws and you are done. A whopping 5 minutes of work. Ditto if you want to take this setup off. When removed just install the screws back in the filler neck, install a stock cap, and there is no hint you ever had anything else on the car. PG Classics, Herbs Parts, and a couple of others sell the repop caps for $80.00 to $110.00 bucks, the adapter was like $35.00 bucks shipped. Let me know if you need help with anything!!
Chas.

Picked the panels up from a guy in San Antonio a few years ago. Year one does sell them but $$$$$ In the end it would be best to buy new. This car is 42 years old now and just about everything used has issues these days. I am on the fence as to getting new ones myself as these are not perfect (what is???) and im trying to get as close as possible. This car is not done correct by any means but it is made up the way I want it. Yeah, just one piece at a time and it is getting closer!
Chas.

Hey Sublime, how ya doing??
I have a lead on them panels you want, PRICEY though. Brand new, all 4 white in coachman grain (just like the ones on my car. The company who has them is Classic industries. Toll free number is 1-800) 854-1280, www.classicindustries.com. They list the panels for $254.95pr fronts and $134.99pr rear. Hey, e mail them and they will send the catalog free. LOTS of a body stuff, unfortunate though its a little expensive but Year One is more expensive so its not all bad. Hope this helps!!!
Chas.

Wow, thank you!! I'm going to get a catalog coming. The price isnt too bad really! Thanks again and nice car!

Love the blue and white.. especially with the white top. Who did the seats with the colored piping?

Grant

I love the blue and white combo... very pretty car dude.. I went with a B5 and black theme, but if I ever do another, I think I may go with blue and white LOL .. again, nice job, beautiful Swinger..

Beautiful Dart-minus the white seats, that's what my '72 Scamp should've looked like according to the fender tag. I really like the white with blue piping. Mine still has tons left to do, but in the end, I'd love for it to look like this one.

Gorgeous car!!! It's amazing how expensive Mopar interior stuff is.. it's obscene, really. $250 for a pair of door panels? I bought a brand new pair for my wife's 66 Mustang for about $60, and all new interior chrome door hardware, window cranks, etc for $75 ... it's really unfortunate that we get raked over the coals for Mopar stuff like we do.

Thanks again for the kind words guys. Being a grandparent and having custody of two grandkids, Brianna (4) and Brandon (3) AND having a 15 year old daughter in the house leaves me little to no time to do much of anything to my car. That being said I am blessed to have the honor of having these wonderful kids in my home and being a part of their lives. I still find time to tweak a bolt or two from time to time though.
Let me start by addressing OneOfMany about the seats. These were done by my brother in laws nephew. We sat down and I outlined what I wanted done. I picked out the fabric and drew a picture of how this should look, pattern, piping etc. I had a hand in on putting them together as well. This guy, (Ken) went to Wyoming Tech to learn this trade. He is doing boat seats etc. now but I am in talks with him on getting a side thingy going but at the moment its not looking too good. I am going to try to find some pics to show a little of how this interior looked before I, (and my daughter) redid this one.
Thanks for the comments on the blue and white guys. This was what I wanted and even though its a bit over the top I still like it and I am not done yet.
Lastly, yes prices are a bit high for most everything but at least they are bringing stuff to the market for these cars and they are getting easier to find stuff for now. Thats the bonus. The upside is parts are going to drop over time but with the market opening up for a bodies and the lack of these cars being around the downside is these cars are going to increase in price and value. This car was a bit before alot of this repop stuff and most of what you see is old restored stuff and not repop. Dont even get me started on how many hours I have into each wheel getting them to look like they do. I have WAY more hours than dollars into this car and it still has a long way to go.
Chas.

The following pictures are of the original interior, the old and new seat, and the new seat in the car before it all came out to re-do.

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 441
  • 007.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 429
  • 008.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 382
A few pics of the interior job. This was done outside in the early spring. A little cold but LOTS of fresh air!!!

Attachments

• interior before 001.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 390
  • interior before 002.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 395
  • interior before 003.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 387
  • interior before 004.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 389
Did not get any headliner shots so here is a few.

Attachments

• new car pics 043.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 393
  • new car pics 044.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 403
  • new car pics 041.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 398
wish I would've seen that bench you took out when you did... thats the same bench thats in my car.. and it looks pretty sweet.. mine is all ripped and half the stuffing is out of it LOL ..

-
Back