-
Status
Not open for further replies.

hotram03

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
There are a few pics of this car in my photo gallery here, 91,000 orig miles, car was a bench seat car but has buckets now, Y-1 Top Banana Yellow, black tail stripe, has black hood stripe(not original though) car has some bubbles developing in paint on passenger side and driver side, cars been painted 15 years, has brand new 396" stroker in it, factory 4-spd car, was actually 3.91 car from factory, but is a 4.10 geared car now. 25,000.00 O.B.O. email me at [email protected] if you have more questions.

trying to help here...not even close to stock and you cant get the money you put into it outof it, thats the way it goes, im sure you know this....little high my man...

If you get 25 G's for your Dart let me know. If you do I have an all original one for sale for 50 G's LOL.

Think its funny there huh, well lets see you put yours back to look like this one bud, I've got a wall full of 1st and 2nd place show trophys for it, a motor that runs 7.40's on pump gas, driveable any where. I also know that if your car looks like this one you should have spent quite a bit of money to make it look like this then HUH? So YES the Price reflects the job, WOW. Yes I have 2 #'s matching cars and yes I wouldn't hesitate to ask 50,000 for one of them, it has 64,761 actual miles on it, 10,782 of these cars that came to the states from Windsor, Ontario, 998 3-spds, roughly 4700 auto's and 4700 4-spd cars, break down your colors and options and well you should be catching on by now they are not exactly falling off trees any more and are alittle rare HUH? I've been fooling with these cars for 22 years now, I believe I've done alittle more research than you. So you give away your car and well I'll either make money or keep mine, doesn't make any difference to me.
This car has original tranny and rear end, only the original motor makes it not #'s matching.

I am interested in your car very much. I am over in the Atlanta area and would be willing to come down there and look at it. That being said your smoking good crack if you think it's worth 25k. Save my e-mail address for when you get serious about selling it.

As long as we're making wild valuations, what do you think THIS car is worth? Real 70 340 Swinger. Real Go Mango car, with black top and interior. Correct seats (nice) a 340 under the hood, 727 behind it as it should have.

I've been buying, selling, and restoring these cars (for myself and others) for over 30 years. Some seem to be of the opinion I know a lot about them. But I'd certainly be interested in your "expert" opinion of this CORRECT Dart's worth

LEEDART.JPG

It all depends on whos buying and how bad they want it. How clean is the car ? Interior, trunk, engine compartment ? Does it have the correct air cleaner, carb and exhaust ? Has it been totally restored ?

I know of a few real nice and I mean close to perfect 340 A bodies that sold in the mid 20s low 30s last year. You wont get that money today for it. I bet you would have trouble moving it at $15,000 right now.

Nice car though.

Good luck with the sale, like Adam said, you missed the boat.
I'd consider myself lucky to sell mine, ALL #'s matching, 4 speed, "Butterscotch", '71 340 Duster, with 78,000 original, documented miles, 2 broadcast sheets and fender tag. No it doesn't run 7's, but a respectable 12.7, on street tires(14") and mufflers.

Best of luck, really, really nice Dart by the way.

All the best.

Not trying to be a smartass but I don't think belligerence is a good sales tactic. More pictures and information and less rhetoric would probably be advisable if you really want to sell the car. No-one wants to deal with that crap, no matter how good the deal.

As long as we're making wild valuations, what do you think THIS car is worth? Real 70 340 Swinger. Real Go Mango car, with black top and interior. Correct seats (nice) a 340 under the hood, 727 behind it as it should have.

I've been buying, selling, and restoring these cars (for myself and others) for over 30 years. Some seem to be of the opinion I know a lot about them. But I'd certainly be interested in your "expert" opinion of this CORRECT Dart's worth

numbers matching and original I'd say between $15,000.00 to $22,000.00
in todays market! not numbers matching or clone a lot less. real numbers matching 4 speed car add $5,000

I have bought and sold my fair share of A bodies

without the original motor your car is not numbers matching....and 7.40's on pump gas and streetable is not possible...ever...anywhere...

on a side note...whats the obsession with this 1/8 mile time? no one ever talks about 1/8 mile time here in wisco'.

It all depends on whos buying and how bad they want it. How clean is the car ? Interior, trunk, engine compartment ? Does it have the correct air cleaner, carb and exhaust ? Has it been totally restored ?

I know of a few real nice and I mean close to perfect 340 A bodies that sold in the mid 20s low 30s last year. You wont get that money today for it. I bet you would have trouble moving it at $15,000 right now.

Nice car though.

Best analysis of today's market for # matching, original presenting, well-restored 340 factory equipped A bodies.

At Carlisle this past July, many nice 340 equipped A bodies did not sell, that were well-documented, and had all the original parts, especially the drivetrain.
Many of these cars were asking too much money, but some were in the mid to upper teens, and still did not sell in this market.

I have a # matching 1971 Duster 340, GY8 Gold Leaf metallic, chesnut interior, with some extras, and excellent driver quality, with the ThermoQuad.

In today's market, I'd be LUCKY to sell the car, for a LOW price, in the $12,000 - 15,000 range. That's why I'm holding - I'm not in need of the money, and the car is a good car.

Yeah. 1/8th mile alright. Used to just kill me when I heard kids with 5-OHs talking about running in the 10's or maybe the 9's. That was at the local 1/8th mile track. Then they'd see me get out there in my number's matching 69 Bee (383 auto & 3.91) and run mid 8's. Simple and heavy car.

They figured it had juice. Naturally there was none to be found. I also did a bunch of work on a friends 63 Plymouth which had a painfully stock 440 in it. Went 8.00 and ran out of gas before I hit the lights.

Yep. Got to love those 1/8th mile times.

Well I really don't like other peoples attitude who come on herer and say I'm smoking crack, they can KMA, no I'm not hurting to sell it either so it really doesn't matter, and yes that is 1/8th mile times, in middle TN thats all we have, so I take it I missed the boat. Well I'll go back to shore then and wait a while. Yes I have more pics to someone who would be interested, I can email more. Everyone must have missed the OBO part of the price, or best offer, but I'll just remove the car from sell since the ships done gone out, like I said people can give away their car, but I have to much in the car to do that, in ex. Performance car graphics restored the dash for me, 750.00, thats just one small thing. As I said the price reflects the quality. But then I'll just keep it. Thanks.

The old car market is rough out there right now. Sort of post "Barret Jackson" inflated prices competing with gas-crunch frugalty. The market is adjusting itself.

I myself recently got into a similar disagreement on another board over price commentary. I bumped my for sale ad to the top of the thread list after a few months and someone chimed in and said 'too high'. I was angry - I never asked for an opinon but got one anyway. Not that anyone was interested in the thing, but I felt the interloper tarnished my ad with his arbitrary price adjustment. I did overreact and make a scene, but I thought my point was valid and worth the argument. Eventually someone agreed with me, but I did have to defend myself at first.

I really couldn't believe that someone would have the balls to do that, especially since they had no real interest in the car and were just "trying to help me out'. I made no pretenses about my car and was very descriptive about it's condition. I thought the price was fair. I also said "best offer" which somehow people seem to miss. If you don't agree with the price, well, make an offer or just move on.

It's surprising how people think it's OK to cloud someone's sale with their opinions on price. It's the seller's business if he thinks he can get his asking price. IMO, for sale ads aren't really for discussion; negotiations on price should be between potential buyers and sellers only.

Maybe the car sits there for months with no offers. He can always choose to drop the price if he desires, but it shouldn't because of the opinion of a disinterested 3rd party.

Hope I don't piss anyone off here, just trying to offer the perspective of having gone through a similar situation.

Greg

Everyone must have missed the OBO part of the price, or best offer, but I'll just remove the car from sell since the ships done gone out, like I said people can give away their car, but I have to much in the car to do that, in ex.

sorry I didn't see that... I'll offer 7k

The old car market is rough out there right now. Sort of post "Barret Jackson" inflated prices competing with gas-crunch frugalty. The market is adjusting itself.

I myself recently got into a similar disagreement on another board over price commentary. I bumped my for sale ad to the top of the thread list after a few months and someone chimed in and said 'too high'. I was angry - I never asked for an opinon but got one anyway. Not that anyone was interested in the thing, but I felt the interloper tarnished my ad with his arbitrary price adjustment. I did overreact and make a scene, but I thought my point was valid and worth the argument. Eventually someone agreed with me, but I did have to defend myself at first.

I really couldn't believe that someone would have the balls to do that, especially since they had no real interest in the car and were just "trying to help me out'. I made no pretenses about my car and was very descriptive about it's condition. I thought the price was fair. I also said "best offer" which somehow people seem to miss. If you don't agree with the price, well, make an offer or just move on.

It's surprising how people think it's OK to cloud someone's sale with their opinions on price. It's the seller's business if he thinks he can get his asking price. IMO, for sale ads aren't really for discussion; negotiations on price should be between potential buyers and sellers only.

Maybe the car sits there for months with no offers. He can always choose to drop the price if he desires, but it shouldn't because of the opinion of a disinterested 3rd party.

Hope I don't piss anyone off here, just trying to offer the perspective of having gone through a similar situation.

Greg

x2 I agree completly. Yes in some cases the price may be to high but that is the sellers problem. When no one shows any interest they will either figure it out or be stuck with it. Its no ones business to tell them what their car is worth if they have no interest in the car just keep your pricing opinions to yourself, unless you have a legitimate interest in the car then work on the price with the seller. If they're not willing to come down to what you think it's worth go buy another one. If you can't get one for what you think they are worth I guess your pricing was off and if you can get one well the seller will probably be stuck with it again its the sellers problem no need to chime in. But hey thats just my .02. Justin

cant we all just get along? listen, i have been lookin for a 1975 (that's right 75) plymouth roadrunner for years in good shape in the five state area. i would pay probably more than most people would for it. it doesn't matter what you ask for it, it matters what its worth to someone else. just a thought

Greg
I hope I don`t step on anybodies toes, but I agree with you completly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back