1970 duster street & strip build 440 4 speed

-
plan of atack 015.jpg

plan of atack 017.jpg

plan of atack 018.jpg

plan of atack 015.jpg

plan of atack 017.jpg

plan of atack 018.jpg

I don't want anyone to think i'm a smart ***. I truly understand the project car thing. I have a 69 cuda shell i'm going to do and it needs a lot . But wow. Come to az. Guys. I know where you can get all kinds of projects that still have floors and not much rust. Its great that you have your son with you on your project. I do have to admit you're doing one hell of a job on one of my favorite cars.

Hey mouse sure its easier to start with a rust free car but one saved from the crusher with new sheetmetal and skilled work is a thing of beauty. Me personally I live in a rust belt so it doesnt scare me. I just cut and weld in a patch.I can just about do it with my eyes closed ,lol!

Arizona,Nevada lots of the southern states all seem to keep bodies well preserved. But by the time you get a car up here to Canada have you really saved anything?

Awesome job so far.

I hope you plan to media blast after your reconstruction, lots of little pockets of rust in there will come to haunt you later if you don't.

Awesome job so far.

I hope you plan to media blast after your reconstruction, lots of little pockets of rust in there will come to haunt you later if you don't.
yes the car will be blasted after all the sheet metal work is done

I don't want anyone to think i'm a smart ***. I truly understand the project car thing. I have a 69 cuda shell i'm going to do and it needs a lot . But wow. Come to az. Guys. I know where you can get all kinds of projects that still have floors and not much rust. Its great that you have your son with you on your project. I do have to admit you're doing one hell of a job on one of my favorite cars.
i want this car to be like new and i took out every bolt and nut and built it on my own me and my son and he is learning alot about cars by doing this. lots of work. u know i could have taken the money used to build this car and just got one allready done but the point is to spend time with my son and teach him and to show him he can do anything that he puts his mind to and your not a smart *** lol and i picked the car just for that reason its a rust bucket and full of dents

i want this car to be like new and i took out every bolt and nut and built it on my own me and my son and he is learning alot about cars by doing this. Lots of work. U know i could have taken the money used to build this car and just got one allready done but the point is to spend time with my son and teach him and to show him he can do anything that he puts his mind to and your not a smart *** lol and i picked the car just for that reason its a rust bucket and full of dents

like i said its great that you have your son working with you. Maybe he's the next foose. Believe me , i do understand the build it from the ground up thing. Guess i'm just spoiled out here in paridise. Lol again great job. Can't wait to see it finished. Let us ( or me ) know what you did with those 906 heads. I'm thinking about useing some myself. Never built a bb mopar. Keep up the good work.

hey mouse sure its easier to start with a rust free car but one saved from the crusher with new sheetmetal and skilled work is a thing of beauty. Me personally i live in a rust belt so it doesnt scare me. I just cut and weld in a patch.i can just about do it with my eyes closed ,lol!

Arizona,nevada lots of the southern states all seem to keep bodies well preserved. But by the time you get a car up here to canada have you really saved anything?

i see your point. Like i mentioned - guess i'm spoiled down here. There are a lot of really nice projects around here . Wish i had the money. My neighbors would hate me.

That looks good Joe. I think you will be more comfortable in the garage also. Nice Duster fenders too got spares?

just in case you all did'nt know im only half way bolting stuff on just to see things going together and checking the wheels to make sure they will fit ok every thing must come back off so i can finish sand blasting the engine shop has had my 440 since may and its still not seen the dyno im getting a little inpatient but it is a 440 into 496 stroker with eagle crank and rods probe 9;7;1 dish pistons 906 cast iron heads with over sized vales street strip valve job ported and polished im going to use the eddy victor and holly 950 cfm street hp i will find out what the heads are flowing and will post it thanks for taking your time to stop in and look and comp cams .540 lift and im useing 1.6 roller rockers and comp cams duble springs

Your making great progress Joe.Dam the shelter came close to doing some 1/4 damage.My engine builder had my engine all winter and into spring,sometimes a little push has to be reminded.:-DKeep up the progress.

great project you have with your son!:) and i love all the detailed photos your are sharing:)

-
Back