1970 Poison Dart

-
I wish I had that much clearance on my rear. I barley have 1/8 on both sides, but it works =), I just have to get wheels that will push the tire out of the wheel well so that they will work with the 8 1/4 and 8 3/4

Awesome thread mate! I'm also going to take the time to get nice pics to you all! Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the comments guys, The day has come and we finally dropped the 360 in. After a little torsion bar adjustment we got its stance semi dialed in and its looking sinister. The mototr looks even better inside the car and i cant wait to assemble the front end especially because i love the 70-71 dart grills they make the car look almost like its mad or somehting idk. Ill keep you guys updated as we keep pushin forward to D-day or Drive day8)
P.S. sorry for the bluriness! My Dad dropped the camera

DSC03234.jpg

DSC03235.jpg

DSC03239.jpg

DSC03241.jpg

DSC03243.jpg

Great thread! You have a lot to be proud of. Your car looks incredible. :cheers: I just got a 68 Dart needing body work. It's engine and interior have already been pulled, so less work for me :D

Keep up the good work, thank your family for their support, and most of all, have FUN!

j

Thanks challenger 1970, we made a little more progress today. Restored the wiper motor and got it installed along with the heater core and thats pretty much it due thats its Sunday and monday means school. Ill keep you guys updated on our next thing to do on the list. Mopar 4 Life.

DSC03198.jpg

DSC03245.jpg

DSC03247.jpg

DSC03246.jpg

Dude - this is kinda weird, it's like we're "sensing" each other's progress. I put my engine/trans in this weekend as well ! Did you guys make Garlit's ?

100_4130 (Small).JPG

100_4134 (Small).JPG

And it gets weirder !!!!

I should be putting my motor in this weekend, and all our cars are GREEN !!!!!

Man,this is really getting freaky !!!!

faucet pics 532.jpg

faucet pics 531.jpg

Hey Guys, that's wild but pretty neat at the same time. Rebel and Johnny both of your Darts are looking incredible!! My son and I hope his turns out as well. Keep us posted on your progress.
Rebel, my sons and I went to Garlits with the Duster on Saturday and to Grandma's on Sunday. We spent most of the day looking for parts and unfortunatley didn't get to meet anyone from this site, however I did meet and speak with Herb McCandless who was there with his awesome 72 Hemi Demon. What a great guy and MOPAR man. He was telling my son and I about all the modifications done to the Demon for the 72 campaign to out smart NHRA and the competition, it was awesome. Take care guys.

There is goingto be a a mean green rumble upon the land before too long !! LOL..... cool stuff......

-RPM

Dude - this is kinda weird, it's like we're "sensing" each other's progress. I put my engine/trans in this weekend as well ! Did you guys make Garlit's ?

Wow, could you post pic of that black motor in the engine bay, that looks real nice! You guys are all doing great, motivates me to get going on my Dart.

Will do - may be a couple of weeks yet - thinking about ordering Taylor lime green wires, should look good over the black, we'll see.

Tonight we got the 727 bolted up. Today was no school so i spent most of the day restoring the hood latches and some odd parts and my Dad came home and in went the hemi orange trans. It took a while but its in there, I cant wait to turn it over but we still got a little ways to go. Ill keep you guys updated while the parts are dissapearing from the house and into the HULK.
( Im thinking about changing the name from Poison Dart to the HULK idk yet )
Take it easy guys

DSC03248.jpg

DSC03249.jpg

DSC03254.jpg

Looking great, i guess its just the color, i love it to much? id still say poison dart but i thought there was one out there that like overhaulin did with that name, idk if it was overhaulin though. good luck.

Great minds......well, you know the rest. I actually already had a buddy of mine that owns a sign shop do a test run on the graphic below. We were going to do the hood blackout and the Hulk between the green scoops in one of the removable "wraps". It looks good, and when I grow tired of him - peel it off ! Also found HULK front license plate. Not 100% sure if I'm going to go with it - but it won't cost me anything to give it a try (cheaper than having the flat black sprayed ) Also - still not sure of the best paint for the flat black treatment - lots of info out there.

hulkfan2small.jpg

let us know what way you with for your flat black...im still trying to decide what i will use for mine...hear SEM hot rod black is good, but i dont no how well it will stand up to the elements (my scamp wont be garaged)

Im gonna be spraying some SEM hit rod black in the next day or so on a Cuda tail panel. It should hold up well, Its enamel and not lacquer like there trim black is.

We made some more progress this weekend. We got roughly about half the car buffed and the front end assembled. Now we must wait for the guy to finish buffing it and we can start throwing things on it. Next we will be installing glass and throwing the dash in. On the mechanial side we are still gonna strive to get it running soon and start driving her. I will keep you guys updated as we push along. RebelDart That Hulk graphic is pretty sinister and like you said if you get tired of it just peel it off. If you do it im curious to see how it looks.

DSC03257.jpg

DSC03258.jpg

DSC03261.jpg

DSC03263.jpg

Any progress in the last month? You should be able to work easier now that its cooler down here (I'm in Ft. Lauderdale.)

Moparteen: Your car looks hot. You guys did an awesome job. I am very proud of you! Congrats.
Love you,
Grandma

-
Back