1970 Poison Dart

-
hey guys, well to sum it all up i lost focus and my grades started to slip and i was plowing down a dirt road. My Dad put a halt on the dart and i moved to my moms house on the other coast of Florida to straighten out. I got my grades to all A's and some B's and graduated a couple days ago. Tomorrow i am moving back to my Dads on the east coast where the dart is sitting untouched where my Dad and I left off. from the posts i can tell you were wondering what happened so i figured i would be straight up about it. We are going to continue on where we left off and hopefully complete it very soon here. I didnt have access to a computer explaining my absence for such a long time, i cant wait to get back in the garage. Thanks for all the compliments so far and we will post pics as we progress. Take care guys and MOPAR 4 LIFE.

hey guys, well to sum it all up i lost focus and my grades started to slip and i was plowing down a dirt road. My Dad put a halt on the dart and i moved to my moms house on the other coast of Florida to straighten out. I got my grades to all A's and some B's and graduated a couple days ago. Tomorrow i am moving back to my Dads on the east coast where the dart is sitting untouched where my Dad and I left off. from the posts i can tell you were wondering what happened so i figured i would be straight up about it. We are going to continue on where we left off and hopefully complete it very soon here. I didnt have access to a computer explaining my absence for such a long time, i cant wait to get back in the garage. Thanks for all the compliments so far and we will post pics as we progress. Take care guys and MOPAR 4 LIFE.

Great to hear that you got your life back on track, that is what counts, guess you got another experience. Keep focus on your life and the rest will come per automatic.
Take care and post some more pic of your Dart when you can.
It´s looking awesome.

hey man its good to hear everything is working out for you...the same thing almost happened to me man...my school went on strike for 3 months, so when we got back i was so out of the school mood and demotivated that my summer would be cut down for working on the scamp and making money to work on the scamp that my grades started to fall...but then i realized if i put in a little more effort for just a little longer is way more worth it...education is everything man, then mopar! (although sometimes i think otherwise lol)...keep us updated man, i loved watching this thread and was thinking the same as everyone else when you werent around

Mopar Teen: Glad to hear you finally got your act together. Keep it that way.
I always knew you had it in you. I am VERY proud of you. Now, for your brother! I think you can help out there. You know?
Love you,
Grandma

Mopar Teen:
When are pictures of the final product going to be posted?
I know you must be happy that it is 99% done.:cheers:
Grandma

Your Dad did right buy you. Life comes first. Getting good grades then a good job should be first on your list. That way you make enogh money to build your car up. Now get back to work! LOL

Dang son - you fell off the face of the earth for quite awhile ! Like all said PRIORITIES - the car can wait - congrats on graduation ! Now that you're back - maybe you guys will make Garlits this fall ? I'm about finished up, as is the other green machine, JohnnyDart. Here's a link to a post from this weekend - keep us updated !

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=65398

Dude - this is kinda weird, it's like we're "sensing" each other's progress. I put my engine/trans in this weekend as well ! Did you guys make Garlit's ?

hey rebel dart you woulnd't happen to know thats guys name down there on the shop floor in that second pics looks ALOT like my dad!!

hey rebel dart you woulnd't happen to know thats guys name down there on the shop floor in that second pics looks ALOT like my dad!!

His name would be Rebeldart. I spent some time in Gainesville as a young man, but not the quality time you're thinking ...... is your Dad MIA ?

Wassup guys, We pull into the drive way when we got back to my Dad's house and we open the garage and i see my aunt and 2 cousins staring back at me with a camera, Then i start noticing things like the rear glass trim, and then the interior... I still cant believe it but my dad got her up and running and extremely close to completion in about 2 weeks before i came back!:cheers: We started her up and she sounds Bad A$$. My dad with help of some friends got the exhaust and drive shaft installed along with some killer flowmaster 50's. I took it for a spin around the block, It is addicitng to drive. Its a feeling I cant explain when you drive a muscle car but it feels good. My Dad hooked up the shifter and thermal wrapped it and it shifts like a pearl. Thanks to my Dad we know the posi works:-D my brother and cousin took it for a spin and it think they enjoyed it. Currently we are going to rebuild the carb due to some technical difficulties, complete the wiring for the lights, and some cosmetic stuff like trimming the spark wires. I just want to give thanks to My Dad, Mike, Pete, Lennie, brother Kyle, cousin Brandon, and my friends that helped my Dad push it on and off the trailer. I appreciate all of your efforts in the completion of my Dart and taking time from your life to do it. below are the pics and i will be posting a video of it running later on in the week.
I am currently having problems posting the pics which is weird, but i will post as soon as possible.
MOPAR 4 LIFE

DSC03280.jpg

Nice !!!!!!
Get those pics up.

And for future reference its Sure Grip.......:-D

That aint no Cheby !!!!!!!!

glad to hear you had a drive in it! post more pics man! Must have felt awesome..my dad let me drive his 69 BB dart for the first time about a month ago and man what a rush! i cant wait to take mine for her first spin (coming soon)...get er done!

One of the most exciting aspects of this whole thread is watching a young man so into Mopars. It is important that the torch be passed on once you old farts get to old to wrench on your mopars. Oh no, I'm not talking about me, I'm only 54 years young. Very nice work.

Man thats awesome man!

Wish i had the talent to build a car to know what
its like putting one together than takin her out.

But i know whats its like to own muscle, its good man.
Whenever your down,take her out for a blast an youl
have a smile on your face you cant wipe...

Hey AdamR, Specs: 255-60-r15 (15 x7 4.5 BS ) Dont quote me on this but I think they are just about the biggest tire you can squeeze in thier with stock spring location and wheel wells ( I heard people say they have 15 x 8's).
All you need to do is trim the lip a liitle and you cant tell unless you look from under. some pics.

get more back space and you can get more tire. I think it looks like you can go deeper

Beautiful work. I was wondering if you would be kind enough to post a picture of the duster under the hood. Your attention to detail is awesome!

BUMPITY, BUMP, BUMP, BUMP :-D

Any more progress? Pics, pics, and more pics please. Just love that Dart!

Wylde1.

:burnout:

hey guys, been a looong time, too much to type. The car is basically done minus the windshield trim. We had transmission problems with the original tci that came with it so we bought a really nice one from a shop in westpalm. Took it out for a test drive, drove it for a couple days then one morning it wouldnt engage any gears only drive and you had to rev it up alot for it to move just a little. As of yesterday we trailored it to a transmission shop, there checking it out. Yes it has been a while since I have been on here alot has been happening. Here are some basically completed pics and right before we took it to the tranny shop. Take it easy.

Attachments

• 045.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 378
  • 048.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 378
-
Back