1971 Challenger from OVERHAULIN' on ebay

-
If you change the wheels and shoot a coat of primer over that awful paint job that car would look pretty cool. When the show first aired I told my wife she should try to get my car redone. After I saw a couple of episodes I told her not to bother.(it would be to much work to put my car back the way it was)

yea, but if it was not a foose car, it would only be worth what? 10 grand? 15 grand?

Has anyone even bid on it?That thing pretty much looks like what you would expect when some bowtie breath gets a hold of a mopar my god.

People don't realize that all those overhaul my pimp big rig shows are not free! You have to pay taxes on the parts and labor that they use on your car. Most of the cars end up being sold or are permanently on tour.

The car looked better before Chip got ahold of it. Just a few years old and it already looks dated and ugly.
I remember watching the show when chip said "don't none of you mopar guys get upset when we start altering this car" Well the car looked a lot better before it go overhauled

Guess I'm running by myself on this.
Love the overhaulin show.
Didn't much like it when they did rich/famous peoples cars who could afford it anyway.
Most of the people who had their cars overhauled had their cars stored so deep in the garage you couldn't see it. They also were usually sitting in storage for a while. Those people still would not have their cars finished if it weren't for overhaulin. Most of them defenately had other higher priorities.
ABB and I would find it a godsend to redo our 67 "BOF". It would be perfect for them. great body little to no rust. A car like that would be ok for me to give them to overhaul.
But I do have to say I have my limits. They would never stand a chance of getting my 64 avitar car. I love it just the way it is. Other than needing new wind lace and the seats need to be redone.
They wouldn't be able to have our sons 69 we just got back either. Been in the family sense fall 07. It's just too close to showroom condition at 53K miles. All I got left to do is finish paint.
Say what you want but the dude can lay paint. Paint jobs are like oil paintings. You either like the subject matter or you don't. If the paint job moves you enough to say "I hate that it looks ugly", guess what? He was a sucess! You noticed the paint. Stopped what you were doing for a short moment in time, looked, thought about it, formed opinion, offered opinion. For evey person who hates the paint job there are 10 more who like it, no matter if it looks like flung poo on the side of a barn! It still was an excellent rendition of the poo that may have been slung!!! LOL!!!:toothy10:
You can't tell me you can't find 1 paint job by Foose you don't like. There's always one that will get ya!
He seems like a nice guy.

I love it when he helps trully dedicated people who drive their rides daily and can't afford to get them trully road worthy.
As far as touring with the redone car? Where do I sign up??

Chip, if you read this and want a real challenge, try exorcising BOF of her demons! Amen!!!!:cheers:

I guess what I'm trying to say is some of the cars/familys he helps it is trully the best moment in life minus their children. Others (celebrities/rich people) reacted like they had never seen the show. Sometimes when the rich came on it seeemed to me it was just to grab for ratings.

I wonder where the car is actually at? The place selling it is about a half mile from my work in Fenton Mo.

If i am not mistakin i think i only seen two or three mopar cars on the show,in my opinion this challenger would have been a beautiful car in stock form .Making it a 71 big block r/t car with a crate motor , right down to the ralley,s and polyglas tires , probably would pull better money then the way it looks now butt ugly!!!!!.

Chip Foose does all of his cars the same. Big wheels and a 2 tone paint job on every one. And don't forget the 60 billion jigawatt stereo.
He's talented of course, that goes without saying, but i bet he couldn't do a stock resto on anything.
105 grand buy it now?
Poor baby, times must be that tough to take that kind of a loss on a 318 Challenger.
They should have put it on Barret Jackson.

If I'm not mistaken, this is not Goodys dad's car. When Foose was done with Goodys car it had a silver stripe on top and a 392 Hemi in it. I don't see either of those items on this car.

Jack

I think it looks killer save for the wheels, which might be saved with some black powdercoat. I understand desperate times, but that car was a gift, given on the grounds that the family was deserving. Part of what made them deserving was their love for the car and how long they would have it. When they go up for sale - and it happens pretty often - it really undermines the whole premise of the show and it reveals that a lot of people unfortunately love money a lot more than they love their cars.

If I'm not mistaken, this is not Goodys dad's car. When Foose was done with Goodys car it had a silver stripe on top and a 392 Hemi in it. I don't see either of those items on this car.

Jack

You are correct. Goody's Dad's car had a late model hemi and was done in Vegas at SEMA. It was also two tone burgandy and black.

Chip can Foosify my Demon any day. :cheers:

If I don't like the wheels, then I'd change them. Same goes for the paint. What the guy got looks like a straight solid car. I'll take the killer stereo, seats, a/c, aluminum rad, 4 wheel disc brakes, auto meter gauges, new engine, trans, exhaust system, and all the other stuff that they do.

Again, if all I gotta do is sand and spray, then change the rims..... Mr. Foose please, PlEaSe, PLEASE come and take my Demon away.

Wylde1.

That thing is UGLY...by the way Goodys fathers car was 3 toned..anything Foose touches he has to put those nasty bling bling wheels on them

Wow, that many of you dislike the car that much? Seriously? Guess there are a lot of purists on the boards. Let me say, anybody can restore a car to factory specs given the money - the information and the parts are there. Those cars already exist, in garages across the country. The blood sweat and tears put into them yields the EXACT same result as anybody else "restoring." For me, there is no satisfaction in that. Customizing a car takes balls. Takes vision, creativity, and the combination of skills and balls to create something that nobody else has created. And when it's done well, THAT car is something special, that will stand out in a crowd no matter how many other cars are around it.

Wow, that many of you dislike the car that much? Seriously? Guess there are a lot of purists on the boards. Let me say, anybody can restore a car to factory specs given the money - the information and the parts are there. Those cars already exist, in garages across the country. The blood sweat and tears put into them yields the EXACT same result as anybody else "restoring." For me, there is no satisfaction in that. Customizing a car takes balls. Takes vision, creativity, and the combination of skills and balls to create something that nobody else has created. And when it's done well, THAT car is something special, that will stand out in a crowd no matter how many other cars are around it.

Ya' its special alright..especially ugly!!!

To me, and I am sort of a purist, I really appreciate it when someone puts blood, sweat and tears into creating a personalized custom. However, in this case, the owner did not. Also, the level of detail on this car is substandard for the price being requested. I would expect that the fit/finish and execution should be FLAWLESS.

To me, these Overhauled cars are like that old TV show where people would spend two days renovating three rooms in a house. They would perform a shoddy job that looked good with the right "blur" filter on the camera, but like this car, after a year or two starts looking like CRAP.

As far as the paint? It ain't nothing special, and IMO does not show any thought into how it's design accentuates the lines of the car. Ugly? Yes.

Grant

As far as standing out in a crowd..

ugly-car-pictures-45w[1].jpg

Somebody smarter than me once said that "As soon as you modify a car, you narrow the market. The more you customize, the fewer people it will appeal to."
From what I remember from that episode was, the owner's favorite thing about the car was the colour. What's the first thing they changed?

Takes no balls to do that to an E body or any other car. Just a lack of respect for what that car really is. And nobody else created that because it's just to damn ugly.

Has nothing to do with being a purest or wanting factory specs.

Ugly and dated are ugly and dated…….. and that car is car is ugly.

Im all for custom if it is tasteful and timeless…. Foose failed on both accounts with that car.

As far as standing out in a crowd and being "Special"….. Hell…. A big turd on your hood could do that but it doesn't mean people will like it.

This is one of the cars he did that I like (but the wheels are a bit much for my taste).http://www.dagelsstreetrods.com/overhaulin.htm

-
Back