1971 Dodge Dart Swinger Street/Strip Low Miles!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

LXguy

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger - $11,500

Up for sale is my 1971 Dodge Dart Swinger. This is a low mileage (approximately 35,000), NEVER rusty survivor with one repaint. It was originally a 318/904/7.25 car. I bought it 100% stock. This is now a very fast street/strip car with an original style appearance.

I have run mostly 12.00 index races with it. The car will cut a .4xx light on a .400 pro tree. I can redlight at will on a .500 pro tree. This car set the 12.00 ET record at US 41 in Morocco IL.

stevemoberly_8-9-11_2.jpg

IMG_1010.jpg

Car has a 5.9 Magnum disguised to look like an LA 360, 904 with transbrake, A body 8.75 rear end, Cal tracs and monoleafs. It has been converted to the larger bolt pattern wheels (5*4.5) and front disk brakes. It has new fuel lines, new brake lines, new gas tank, new exhaust, new vinyl top and on and on and on. All the best stuff. The parts cost more than the selling price!

This car has run a best time of 11.70 @ 113. Don't let that fool you though, this is not a pure race car, and it is a blast to drive. It is almost zero maintenance (hydraulic roller cam -not solid). It gets a ton of attention at that shows and the track.

If racing is your thing, there is a ton of performance left in this car. It is tuned for street strip and it is full wieght with the entire original interior.

Video taken at US 41:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=J8HuFq3BJ6U

This is not a cobbled together hack-work kids hot-rod car. This is a solid low mile original Mopar. The modifications are well thought out and expertly installed. Everything has been done to make the minimum impact on the car's originality. I have the original window sticker, and lots of other cool documentation. Two fender tags.

There are 75 more pics (4 pages worth) here:

http://photobucket.com/stevesmoparforsale

Please check out the link!

Please send me a PM if you'd like to learn more.

Thanks for looking.

Beautiful car. Wish I had the money, or a few less cars.

iv,e seen this car in person these pics do it no justice at all it is the nicest dart i have ever seen sorry too see your sellin it really sorry i aint goy yhat kinda change layin around

It's got Hughes Iron Ram heads on it. 1.90 valve. Drilled for LA Style intake manifolds.

Heres a list of some of the parts on the car. I am sure I have forgotten some things.

Engine:
1999 5.9 Magnum engine.
Hughes Iron Ram heads (drilled for LA intakes)
RPM Air Gap intake
Mallory Electronic ignition (with two step, rev limit, spark retard, etc)
Kevko oil pan
Mopar valve covers
Custom Comp hydraulic roller cam (nice sound, but VERY streetable)
Harland sharp rocker arms
Hooker Comp headers with Darkside ceramic coating.
TTI X-pipe with Ultraflow mufflers into dumps ( have TTI tailpipes also)
New radiator and electric fan (have original radiator/fan setup)
Carter mechanical fuel pump
Cloyes billet double roller timing chain

This engine made 332 rwhp on a Dynojet dyno.

Drivetrain:
904 Transmission
Basically every trick from the A&A catalog except it has a stock drum (I have over $2000 in parts in this transmission).
A&A manual transbrake valve body
Cast aluminum pan
AN fittings and B&M stacked plate cooler
Ultimate Converter Concepts 9” torque converter (Streetable 3500 stall) ($900 new)
Dynotech custom Aluminum racing driveshaft
A body 8.75 rear with Moser Axles, Detroit Locker and Motive 3.91 gear.
Cheetah shifter

Suspension/ chassis:
Calvert Racing shocks (front and rear)
Cal-tracs and monoleafs
Custom subframe connectors
Custom driveshaft loop (removable with 2 bolts)
Stainless Steel Brakes front disk brake kit
Rebuilt manual steering box

This sure beats the pants off of that primer roller car for 11G's!

I hope someone buys this car as I am tempted but already have a Dart in the garage; it is a great deal for a beautiful car that is selling for less than the drivetrain costs.

Very nicely done - good luck with the sale.

question? How do you set a 12.00 index record in drag racing. Car sounds like a great deal and not a bad price for what the car has done to it from what I have seen out there. Good luck.

Wow, that's a good deal, got too many in the coral already , or I would be all over that. Looks like an awesome bracket car.

question? How do you set a 12.00 index record in drag racing.

Whoever runs the closest to 12.00 in competition sets the record. Its not the same kind of thing as any of the ET records I have held running heads-up over the years, but its lasted longer! LOL

Scroll to the bottom of this page:
http://nolimitraceway.com/index.php?page=shootout

I ran a 12.0068 in competition a couple years ago, and its still there.

I built this car because I wanted to run that class. .400 Pro tree index is about the closest you're going to get to running heads-up without pouring money down a hole. It turned out pretty well.

Thanks all for the kind words about the car.

Seems like the guy is going to take her. It will be a sad day in this house...

Steve

Car is sold. Got more for it on Ebay than I advertised it for....

Thanks FABO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back