1971 Dodge Dart Swinger :)

-

71318Swinger

Reaction score
Well i finnaly found all my pictures from last years restoration, so i decided to make a Resto Thread for it. I picked up this car for $2500 in 2006 as my first car. After driving it for the summer i decided to park it for the winter where it sat till the following april. I got it back on the road with antique plates and drove it to a few carshows and other occasions. Took my date to prom in it, In my opinion best car there. Then started saving up in 07' for a restore got the money to have the rear quarters replaced in early 08' then it went into the garage and the hard work began. First set of pictures is from just before I drove it to the Auto body place

100_1722.jpg

100_1723.jpg

100_1724.jpg

100_1725.jpg

100_1726.jpg

This set of pictures is some of the damage the car had to require the resto

100_1731.jpg

100_1727.jpg

100_1728.jpg

100_1729.jpg

100_1730.jpg

HA!!! Very cool! That is EXACTLY how my 70 dart looked when I got it!! Same trim, hub caps, green on green...vinyl top......kool!

Here are some pictures from when it was in the body shop

100_1733.jpg

100_1734.jpg

100_1737.jpg

100_1739.jpg

4.jpg

100_1742.jpg

100_1743.jpg

Rolling int into the driveway after getting it back from the auto body shop and after i got the vinyl top off

100_1777.jpg

100_1781.jpg

100_1778.jpg

Your roof surface (formerly under the vinyl top) looks as though it survived fairly well.
My '71 was a bit of a mess, but fixed up nicely and has a new vinyl top on it over the repaired metal.
Keep the photos coming, looks good.

Holy crap our cars are twins, I thought that was my car for a minute! I live in RI and I picked it up in northern mass.
I see you still have the dealer sticker on it too, I've got one from Lynnway Dodge on the bumper and I don't plan on removing it, for history purposes. You don't by any chance have a spare drivers fender do you?

Here's mine, brothers or what? haha

IMG_2258.jpg

Holy crap our cars are twins, I thought that was my car for a minute! I live in RI and I picked it up in northern mass.
I see you still have the dealer sticker on it too, I've got one from Lynnway Dodge on the bumper and I don't plan on removing it, for history purposes. You don't by any chance have a spare drivers fender do you?

Here's mine, brothers or what? haha

IMG_2258.jpg
thats quite awesome.. What you got under the hood in that?

As of yet there not functional, and since there is a possibility of selling it in the future.. i don't think i will

Hey somebody else in MA around my age who is restoring a Dart!
Always a nice thing to see!
Car looks good, but I'm assuming those are not the last of the pics, there must be some finished ones still lurking based upon your avatar!

Looking good! I love green cars and your is no exception,lol!

Thanks for the pics and keep em coming!

-
Back