1971 Dodge Demon for sale!! fully Restored!!!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it's true, there is one born every minute! :angry7:

It was a nice car but it was still a slant 6 car by the numbers! I guess as long as everyone is happy - who cares! :toothy10:

that demon looks very good. i wish i could have bought it!!!!!!!!!:love7::downtown: mopars for life

I guess it's true, there is one born every minute! :angry7:

It was a nice car but it was still a slant 6 car by the numbers! I guess as long as everyone is happy - who cares! :toothy10:

I'll take a chance and say it hasn't sold.

I'll second that the owner most likely does not have the cash for the car.

If anyone doubts the way the classic car / muscle car market is today, be sure to watch the Mecum early Spring Classic Car / Muscle Car auction on HD Net this weekend.

A PERFECT, all numbers matching, documented, straight as an arrow, never any rust, 98+ point correctly restored 1970 Plymouth 'Cuda 340, in Hemi Orange with factory 4 speed and pistol grip, all factory parts --- beautiful - perfect car...just sold for ....$27,000 ...That's right ...$27,000...1970 E body 'Cuda...VERY desirable car...

All documented, all PERFECT --- needs nothing --- with a healthy 340 / pistol grip...This a 1970 E body 'Cuda 4 speed car...more desirable than an A body...

The global economy today means prices are in the basement, money and credit is very tight, and even some of the best cars ... are NOT bringing anywhere near the money from 2 years ago. Only 70 percent of cars coming through the auction are selling. These are show cars - museum pieces and these are NOT selling. And the selling prices --- market prices --- are the new market prices - meaning substantially lower selling prices.... in most cases...people are losing money if they bought or restored in the last 3 years.

That last sentence is straight from the horse's mouth ... Dana Mecum -- the auction proprietor!

Just across the Mecum auction block:
The last factory built 1971 Plymouth 'Cuda Hemi...all original ... Blue/ steelies with dog dished ...extremely low miles ... stored in a heated garage .. never abused .. never restored ... every piece of paper documentation from build to all owner receipts --- all verified by Galen ...

CAR was PERFECT/original/factory original in EVERY way ... date correct plug wires .. you name it...
Sold for $150,000 ... a few years ago ... that car sells for double or more of that price...

IT's a BUYERS market ...I'm DVR'ing the show ... The market is DEAD!

It isn't dead. If it were dead, no one would be selling OR buying. But people ARE doing both, only the numbers have changed some. That being said, I'm not sure I've ever seen A bodies bringing as much (or more) than they are right now.
$20,000+ for an A body? That is STUPID money, but some are getting it, and some are paying it.

The market isn't dead

The market is dead until someone provides proof that cars are actually selling and the money and ownership is actually being transferred.

Most cars ... never change ownership ... check with the owners ...they have the proof...it's in their driveway or in their garages...

I just sold my 71 demon, really not by choice but do to my ex for $26,650....So to say the market is dead is wrong..It's a soft market right now, good for the buyers tough for the sellers...

I just sold my 71 demon, really not by choice but do to my ex for $26,650....So to say the market is dead is wrong..It's a soft market right now, good for the buyers tough for the sellers...
Your car was what most would call the perfect storm, down prices and a impending
divorce.Hell of a deal,best car I've seen for sale in some time.Love stinks ya ya. P.S. did you pay her in pennies?

It's not so much a "dead" market as it is a "cautious" one. For instance, there used to be a time not too long ago when the word "Mopar" instantly meant big dollars for whatever it was being sold. This syndrome went on for quite a few years and like it or not, owning one of the vintage Mopars quickly became a dream for most of us not pulling down 6 figures a year in income. I have always loved old Mopars and I sure as heck wish I could say I owned a Cuda, Challenger, Dart, Demon, or ANY old Mopar for that matter, but the sad fact is, the cars are STILL too danged expensive for my income. As much as it might be entertaining to watch, I also think shows like the Barrett-Jackson Road Circus really hurt the chances of "regular" guys owning any real desirable Mopars too. The publicity of this Cuda or that Challenger or that Charger or whatever Mopar was on the block only caused more attention to ALL of the Mopars and those who own them automatically think their Slant 6 Duster sitting in Uncle Elmer's cow pasture is automatically worth $10k. In the end, alot of cars go unsold, some even end up being recycled due to ignorance too.
I am now starting a search in earnest for an older Mopar. Of course I would love a Roadrunner, Challenger, Cuda, or even an older Charger, but I'm also intelligent to know that the chances of me stumbling across an honest deal for onoe of these cars is slim to none these days. Unfortunately, the majority of the cars I'm being shown are worth little more than scrap, yet are bringing foolish price tags. I guess people feel that when someone says they are in the market for a car that they are desperate just to buy anything that comes along. Maybe for some, but not for me. It's also frustrating when people post cars for sale on forums such as this, yet disappear after posting the ad. I have replied to several ads for cars posted on various forums and some sellers just don't answer questions or only answer selected questions. To me that just shows they are not serious about selling their car and if I have to ask more than once about a car, I simply move on.
As for the Demon posted here, that car was gorgeous, no doubt about it. If I had the money I would have scarfed it up in a heartbeat. I'll just continue on my journey searching for the car that's right for me.

It's not so much a "dead" market as it is a "cautious" one. For instance, there used to be a time not too long ago when the word "Mopar" instantly meant big dollars for whatever it was being sold. This syndrome went on for quite a few years and like it or not, owning one of the vintage Mopars quickly became a dream for most of us not pulling down 6 figures a year in income. I have always loved old Mopars and I sure as heck wish I could say I owned a Cuda, Challenger, Dart, Demon, or ANY old Mopar for that matter, but the sad fact is, the cars are STILL too danged expensive for my income. As much as it might be entertaining to watch, I also think shows like the Barrett-Jackson Road Circus really hurt the chances of "regular" guys owning any real desirable Mopars too. The publicity of this Cuda or that Challenger or that Charger or whatever Mopar was on the block only caused more attention to ALL of the Mopars and those who own them automatically think their Slant 6 Duster sitting in Uncle Elmer's cow pasture is automatically worth $10k. In the end, alot of cars go unsold, some even end up being recycled due to ignorance too.
I am now starting a search in earnest for an older Mopar. Of course I would love a Roadrunner, Challenger, Cuda, or even an older Charger, but I'm also intelligent to know that the chances of me stumbling across an honest deal for onoe of these cars is slim to none these days. Unfortunately, the majority of the cars I'm being shown are worth little more than scrap, yet are bringing foolish price tags. I guess people feel that when someone says they are in the market for a car that they are desperate just to buy anything that comes along. Maybe for some, but not for me. It's also frustrating when people post cars for sale on forums such as this, yet disappear after posting the ad. I have replied to several ads for cars posted on various forums and some sellers just don't answer questions or only answer selected questions. To me that just shows they are not serious about selling their car and if I have to ask more than once about a car, I simply move on.
As for the Demon posted here, that car was gorgeous, no doubt about it. If I had the money I would have scarfed it up in a heartbeat. I'll just continue on my journey searching for the car that's right for me.
This is the most well-reasoned response in this thread. I still would like proof that cars are actually being sold, money exchanged and titles transferred. Most of the sleaze-bay auctions end without the deals being completed, and the cars actually never change hands.

Where's the proof, instead of speculation, conjecture, etc.?

After seeing the Mecum auction this past weekend on HD Net, with a PERFECT, 100% 1970 'Cuda 340, Hemi Orange - pistol grip - all documented - every nut and bolt restored - all matching numbers - with all ownership documentation --- sold for $27,000 ... that told me all I need to know about the current state of the muscle car market.

Many cars being offered at Mecum were PERFECT examples needing NO work.

I can't even get $1,500.00 for this car. 1967 post dart that runs and drives.

Stan

100_1570ss.jpg

100_1571ss.jpg

This is the most well-reasoned response in this thread. I still would like proof that cars are actually being sold, money exchanged and titles transferred. Most of the sleaze-bay auctions end without the deals being completed, and the cars actually never change hands.

Where's the proof, instead of speculation, conjecture, etc.?

After seeing the Mecum auction this past weekend on HD Net, with a PERFECT, 100% 1970 'Cuda 340, Hemi Orange - pistol grip - all documented - every nut and bolt restored - all matching numbers - with all ownership documentation --- sold for $27,000 ... that told me all I need to know about the current state of the muscle car market.

Many cars being offered at Mecum were PERFECT examples needing NO work.

I didn't see the auction nor was there in person. But an auction house claiming an absolute statement like the cars are perfect needing no work is a little tough for me to believe. Most of those cars are not as nice as they say or look on TV.

I see prices coming down but these old cars still aren't cheap. Demand still out strips supply. $27,000 for a nice 340 4 spd 'Cuda is at least $20,000 less then what it would have fetched a few years back when prices were really stupid. But the average guy does not have $27,000 laying around to buy a hobby car. That is way out of reach for most people. The long term trend is up up up.

I see prices coming down but these old cars still aren't cheap. Demand still out strips supply. $27,000 for a nice 340 4 spd 'Cuda is at least $20,000 less then what it would have fetched a few years back when prices were really stupid. But the average guy does not have $27,000 laying around to buy a hobby car. That is way out of reach for most people. The long term trend is up up up.

I don't know how many actual sales for $47,000 340-4 that were just "nice". I think there were a lot of ebay fake "sold" bids and a very small percentage of inpatient auction bidders that were outliers to the norm.

I can't even get $1,500.00 for this car. 1967 post dart that runs and drives.

Stan

You are one of those I mentioned in my post that I replied to about your Demons and can't get a response from. Don't expect people to hound you when you don't answer posts about cars or parts you have for sale. If the cars are sold or you changed your mind, at least be decent enough to let those still interested in your wares know what's going on. :angry7:

I don't know how many actual sales for $47,000 340-4 that were just "nice". I think there were a lot of ebay fake "sold" bids and a very small percentage of inpatient auction bidders that were outliers to the norm.

The $27,000 was a big money high roller auction price. The 340 4spd E-Bodies were pulling in 40k easily at the big auction houses just a few years back. Out in the real world I agree with you, they didn't change hands for that kind of money.

You are one of those I mentioned in my post that I replied to about your Demons and can't get a response from. Don't expect people to hound you when you don't answer posts about cars or parts you have for sale. If the cars are sold or you changed your mind, at least be decent enough to let those still interested in your wares know what's going on. :angry7:

All the cars are still for sale, nobody has money, and say will you take half of what your asking , or they would say the enconmy is bad and you should sell to me for nothing or give it to me and I'll take off your hands, or they want to make a small payment down and make payments for a couple years and give me the title you can trust me to make payments ( not interested in payments, paid in full only, and cash only ). I sold quite abit of parts ( cash only ). Most calls, e-mails, and in person asked ( do you have anything cheap or barigan, and even FREE ). The sale was very trisome to me and a eye opener that only their stuff is worth something and not yours.

I do not need to sell my stuff, I want to sell my stuff.

If your interested in my stuff e-mail me or call in the afternoon.

Stan

:toothy10:

Are you serial? Like it or not, when you post ANYTHING for sale, people are going to try and get it for a better price. Are you telling me you wouldn't do the same thing? If you're going to sit there and try to tell me that you have never tried to get something for a cheaper price than was listed, then I would HIGHLY doubt your honesty about the condition of the cars and parts you have for sale, let alone anything else you had to say. It's part of this hobby and everyone accepts it and deals with it. Out of curiosity, when did I ever try to get anything you offered for free or for some ridiculous low price? When did I ever ask you to give me one simple thing except an answer to my questions that I posted in your thread? How could I when I couldn't get an answer from you about the cars I showed an interest in in the first place?
Now you're telling people to call or e-mail you to learn more about what you're selling. After your last post, I learned all I needed about what you're offering. As I said, I don't hound sellers. I can easily find the ones serious about selling their cars and parts and those who aren't. I think we know which category you fall into. I've just moved on. Sorry to cause a stink here, but when a guy posts that he can't unload a car on here but doesn't even have the decency or respect for fellow forum members to reply to those asking about the very items he's selling, it just rubs me the wrong way. :angry7:

Are you serial? Like it or not, when you post ANYTHING for sale, people are going to try and get it for a better price. Are you telling me you wouldn't do the same thing? If you're going to sit there and try to tell me that you have never tried to get something for a cheaper price than was listed, then I would HIGHLY doubt your honesty about the condition of the cars and parts you have for sale, let alone anything else you had to say. It's part of this hobby and everyone accepts it and deals with it. Out of curiosity, when did I ever try to get anything you offered for free or for some ridiculous low price? When did I ever ask you to give me one simple thing except an answer to my questions that I posted in your thread? How could I when I couldn't get an answer from you about the cars I showed an interest in in the first place?
Now you're telling people to call or e-mail you to learn more about what you're selling. After your last post, I learned all I needed about what you're offering. As I said, I don't hound sellers. I can easily find the ones serious about selling their cars and parts and those who aren't. I think we know which category you fall into. I've just moved on. Sorry to cause a stink here, but when a guy posts that he can't unload a car on here but doesn't even have the decency or respect for fellow forum members to reply to those asking about the very items he's selling, it just rubs me the wrong way. :angry7:

No, not mental, If I don't like a price I move on ( and keep it to myself, the seller might not want me to rant on them ). I hate asking for a better price. I hate haggling. Sometimes, I will but usually I don't. That is just me. I posted pictures of what I had and sent some through e-mails. You would not believe the amount of calls and E-MAILS. It was insane. I am very sorry that I missed your question and/or emails. It was not my intention to slight anyone. Sorry you got rubbed the wrong way, life's too short. ( I know from experience, 4 by-pass open heart surgery at 39). Everyone that knows me knows that I am very honest. This sale took alot out of me. I had to do it all myself and I will be doing it again in the middle of this coming spring early april or late april. And I will ask for help (I don't like to ask for help) this time.

I guess the economy must be really bad, nobody had money. I guess they wanted to get a break from their daily routine and do something different for a change.

Stan

100_1720ss.jpg

The market is dead until someone provides proof that cars are actually selling and the money and ownership is actually being transferred.

Most cars ... never change ownership ... check with the owners ...they have the proof...it's in their driveway or in their garages...

I just bought my 383 Duster on Ebay last month.........its sitting in my garage in Dallas after the trip down from Chicago.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back