1971 Dodge Demon Hemi install

-
Your car is beautiful!! I live in Rilton, I think you past me leaving Hills tonight lol

hey Mark...I'm thinkin about mocking up a 6.1 (new generation hemi) with my (our) style of K-frame... know anyboby with a motor laying around??

Here we are at the completion (but we all know that there is no such thing as completion)...but at the best of the end. I am posting a few of the pics to bring the thread to an almost stall......
BUT most of all I want to thank everyone that had a BIG hand in making this happen.
HEMIDENNY....the MAIN MAN and engineer
HEMIMARK....another MAIN MAN in the program...and a special thanks for putting up with ME! :):)
SSkillett...TOD...who had a major part of hands on and modifications of the conversion.

DON B...I forget his handle
WEEB...great person
and I can't forget OldManMopar...for hanging in there and keeping the threads going

Also a special thanks to Larry Shepard, Akron, Ohio for the transmission work and follow up to make everything JUST right and proper

A special NO-THANKS to Greg out of Medway, OH for the Dana rear-end that he wanted nothing to do with after the $$$$ crossed the palms....no back up or even cared to talk about.
BUT all got taken care of through Larry Shepard....Larry great job on the Dana.

8)

Attachments

• DSCF0681-1.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,579
  • DSCF0682-2.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 2,427
  • DSCF0683-2.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 2,982
  • DSCF0684-2.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 2,732
=p~

Attachments

• DSCF0685-2.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 1,659
  • DSCF0686-1.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 2,229
  • DSCF0687-1.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,696
  • DSCF0688-1.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 1,700
  • DSCF0689-1.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,667
She's a beauty!!! Lot's of Luck Do you have a build list of your suspension parts for the upgrade?

Love the plates...and the stance.....and the..****...all of it!!!!......Congrades...Denny

Love the plates...and the stance.....and the..****...all of it!!!!......Congrades...Denny

Hemi D: What does the suspension mods run $$ to do this? My duster is a prime candidate :snakeman::toothy10:

I would guess it took around $4k with brakes....I've built several...all different applications...all Hemi installs..just different trans...all under the flat hood.....definately not a "buget build"...I wouldn't dream of altering the steering/suspension unless lack of room dictates it.

That old hooptie turned out great! This particular Demon Sizzler now has a bad case of Elephantitis :grin:

HEMI=ELEPHANT if you know what I mean.

Fun to drive, too. I drove it 'before' and 'after'. It was a nice solid car before, just slow. It aint slow now! It also looks as if Dodge could have built it (mainly how factory appearing it is at first glance). Denny's work is first rate.

Jim - you may need a car hauler for the 2011 Mopar Nats :toothy10: I guess I could drive one of the Mopars if you need me to :tongue1:, since they aren't trailer queens and SHOULD be driven.

A big thanks to Jim, Denny, Mark & Weeb for putting up with the GM guy and letting me get involved on this project.

know anybody to scale it...4 wheel like the racers use...I'd love to know what the lbs per wheel are

Todd...I knew you would come thru......we just might make you a Pharoe yet!!!

hey Jim...how about sending a few picts out to our buddy Dwight at Classic Air....he might like it

It turned out great 4-sure! Now what to do for an encore? :cheers:

Well, I for one, am going to re-read the entire thread!

well Jim...did you send some pics to Dwight?...just curious...stay warm!..next time I come I want some of Sarahs' cough medicine...you been holdin' out on me!

well Jim...did you send some pics to Dwight?...just curious...stay warm!..next time I come I want some of Sarahs' cough medicine...you been holdin' out on me!

I did...after you planted the thought. He really likes it. Now I have to send him some pics of the interior....the A/C install portion

-
Back