1971 Duster 340, 4spd, FE5/blk resto, "ruster" to Duster!

-
Thanks! Yeah I always thought the bench is what it made it special with the 4spd and the cassette player. Probably the only one with that combo. To each their own I suppose...

well your in good company, i had a 69 dart swinger 340 4 speed, F6 and bench seat! it was too much of a project for me, but i literally bought it just because 4 speed and bench seat. haven't seen another one since.

http://www.carsandparts.com/Articles/Mopar/News/top-honors

Looks like my work is paying off for the new owner. So far it has won:

1. Best restoration- Battle born mopars all makes show
2. FMA choice/best of Garlits show
3. Best Chysler -NMCA
4. Best Engine -NMCA
5. NMCA Best Conservative of show

Not bad for an amateur restoration done in my garage.
If you see it at a show, be sure to tell him you know who restored it :axe:

Nice car and I hope you get a sense of well deserved satisfaction about it receiving several awards. As far as the new owner, I am a bit conflicted on him entering and accepting awards unless he gives you some credit on the cars history. If he does not do that, it is more like winning an award for having good taste and enough cash to satisfy those tastes.

Love the dusters, very underrated cars. I just finished a 71 duster. Have fun with it those motors are screamers.

Real nice car and resto. You've started with an original car with all inspection marks. Thanks for the photos, going to use them to restore my engine bay.

-
Back