• DASH REPAIR PIC 6.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 181
  • DASH REPAIR PIC 5.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 194
  • DASH REPAIR PIC 3.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 195
  • DASH REPAIR PIC 2.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 213
Yesterday, I spent some quality time installing the headliner - Man I HATE those things. My f'n neck was killing me last night

Attachments

• headliner pic 7.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 174
  • headliner pic 6.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 170
  • headliner pic 5.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 171
  • headliner pic 4.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 162
  • VINYL TOP INSTALL PIC 8.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 176
Wow, you moved through that job pretty quickly, nicely done. I noticed that in your pics it looks like you applied urethane primer directly over bare metal, or did you spray epoxy first that wasn't in the pics? I've started using PPG CRE epoxy, from their commercial line, high build, high solids, amazing stuff and less than the DP epoxy as it's not an "automotive" line product. You can block sand it and also do filler work over it, as well as spray your choice of urethane fill primers on it too. I've done some testing with it and it never shrinks which is cool, and it's also resistant to most chemicals once it's cured, including acids and fuels. 3 coats will fill casting pores in an engine block or a rusted axle housing and can be sanded smooth and topcoated. Price is nice too.. Great looking Charger, looking forward to the Challenger progress!

Okay - installed the windshield as planned today. Now it's just a couple of minor mechanical things for the owner :cheers:and then all done

Attachments

• completed pic 9.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 200
  • completed pic 8.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 235
  • completed pic 7.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 203
  • completed pic 5.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 201
  • completed pic 4.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 205
  • completed pic 3.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 204
  • completed pic 2.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 201
  • completed pic 1.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 222
  • completed pic 10.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 190
BTW - had a few people ask how much it costs to do this sort of thing - the total labor cost for everything I did on this car was right around $3500 plus about $1000 worth of supplies, parts, and materials...

So anybody interested in getting their car "done" give me a shout - I plan on specializing in nice, driver-quality restoration work just like this one once I get my shop opened in Florida.

Hats off to you.

I would need a crew of 10 people to get a restoration of that caliber in that amount of time lol.

I have been going at my 72 duster now for about a year and a half and I am just now zeroing in on having only body and paint work left to do.

Okay - car FINALLY got picked up yesterday. Owner was very pleased. Said it was definitely as good as or better than he thought it would be. He and I both rated it about a 7.5 to 8 on a 10 point scale. In other words, a very nice driver quality job.

-
Back