1972 Canadian H-Code 340 Dart Swinger Special Resto - Finally started!

-
Thanks Steve, Cliff, Jim and Dave for the compliments! You'll have to talk to my executor about buying it Dave since she will be the one selling it, now don't get any ideas I'm :elmer:, LOL!

Danny, your build is absolutely outstanding. It represents fully the finest craftsmanship to be offered to this hobby. All the pictures are truly awesome, but seeing it in person is even more awesomer. Well done and congratulations, it was great to see you (and the car) at the show. Kevin builds a pretty damn fine car as well. his own and Cliff's are pretty spectacular as well. Don't be a stranger here.

First and foremost, thank you for the detailed and descriptive (with lots of pics) build thread.
You have helped many of us here on our builds and future builds.
Secondly, i hope you enjoy the car as it's truly ''your car'' because you built it.
All of the blood, sweat, and tears (and money) are worth it in the long run, as it looks awesome.
Third and lastly, i hope you still come on here to haunt all of us and to help with our builds with your advice and knowledge.
You deserve a big round of applause from all of us on the completion of your dream car.

Make sure you keep posting on this build thread as you get some miles on the car and sort out the minor issues that you're bound to face.
Again, thank you for taking the time to document your journey.
Tom.

First and foremost, thank you for the detailed and descriptive (with lots of pics) build thread.
Secondly, i hope you enjoy the car as it's truly ''your car'' because you built it.
All of the blood, sweat, and tears (and money) are worth it in the long run, as it looks awesome.
Third and lastly, i hope you still come on here to haunt all of us and to help with our builds with your advice and knowledge.
You deserve a big round of applause from all of us on the completion of your dream car.

Make sure you keep posting on this build thread as you get some miles on the car and sort out the minor issues that you're bound to face.
Tom.

Tom.

Danny, your build is absolutely outstanding. It represents fully the finest craftsmanship to be offered to this hobby. All the pictures are truly awesome, but seeing it in person is even more awesomer. Well done and congratulations, it was great to see you (and the car) at the show. Kevin builds a pretty damn fine car as well. his own and Cliff's are pretty spectacular as well. Don't be a stranger here.

Thanks a lot Daryl, and your right on about Kevin's builds. All the Specials I've seen so far were very nicely restored and I can't wait to see your white one right along side the rest of ours hopefully next summer, take care and I'll still be hanging out on FABO with my kind of people.

Tom.

Thanks Tom for the kind words and I'll definitely be on here helping where I can and now I might have the time to go back in my thread and fix all the pictures the Photobucket screwed up when they stopped hosting. Hope we run into each other at one of these car shows, take care Tom.

Beautiful job on the car, and great job taking similar pictures of both cars. Wonderful job!!

Thank you for sharing the journey with us. Amazing build did Ma Mopar proud.

Thanks guys, glad I could share and altho it was a factory restoration I hope it was interesting for most to watch a car that wasn't supposed to exist be brought back to the way it was born.

It s beautiful. Great job and thanks for taking the time to share the process with all of us.

Thanks guys, I'm happy the way it turned out, glad you enjoyed the thread.
Outstanding build on an outstanding car! Thanks for the great pictures and the awesome attention to detail on the restoration. One day I need to get up to Canada to see all of these great 71-72 Swinger Special 340s you guys have up there! Hats off to you on the fabulous job you did to bring this car back to its former glory. One thing I wanted to ask you was did this car come with power disc brakes when it was new? I know the Pembina cars got a lot more of the trim, upgraded interiors and more options then the Crosstown cars. Thanks again for the outstanding build!!!

Outstanding build on an outstanding car! Thanks for the great pictures and the awesome attention to detail on the restoration. One day I need to get up to Canada to see all of these great 71-72 Swinger Special 340s you guys have up there! Hats off to you on the fabulous job you did to bring this car back to its former glory. One thing I wanted to ask you was did this car come with power disc brakes when it was new? I know the Pembina cars got a lot more of the trim, upgraded interiors and more options then the Crosstown cars. Thanks again for the outstanding build!!!

Fantastic! Fantastic! Fantastic! Such a nice job and a beautiful finished A-body. And a rare one, I might add.

Appreciate that fellas, and yes Three40 I got a bit lucky this is one of the two Pembina cars and this one got a number of upgrades, the two mechanical upgrades that so far only this one came with was power disc brakes and power steering,

Dart at park.jpg

amazing build. 2.5 hrs reading through this one. time well spent

Swinger340Canuc.I noticed it has the passenger side mirror, the drivers side remote mirror, Wheel lip chrome, drip rail chrome, hood chrome, fender mounted turn signal indicators, and Rallye Wheels as upgrades on the exterior. Amazing car.
Thanks again for sharing the restoration with all of us.

amazing build. 2.5 hrs reading through this one. time well spent

Thanks Dave, I am trying to fix the pictures on part of the thread but its a time consuming pain in the you no what.

Danny, very nice job. Great attention to detail, your car is absolutely stunning.

Thanks Kev, and thank you for all the help you gave me, Cheers brother.

Updated information on my car and all the 340 Specials has just come to light with Cliff Guinand talking to the original sales manager from Crosstown Motors in Edmonton who initiated the special order for these cars and it turns out there were 83 cars built for 1971 and only 30 built for 1972. Of the 30 built for 1972 it turns out only 5 were built for Pembina Dodge in Manitoba, which mine and j061093409 Joel's are the only survivors. So that's almost 2/3 fewer then we initially thought, Cliff has provided more detail on the Specials web site - 1971 1972 Swinger 340 Special | Canada | Canadian Swinger 340 Specials.

Cheers and everyone have a Merry Christmas

Last edited:
That’s neat update! How old is Bob? If he was sales manager for Crosstown in the early 70’s, he must be over 90 years old now.

I couldn’t tell you but he must be getting up there, Cliff plans on meeting him and getting as much evidence of what he told him as he can so there will likely be more updates.

-
Back