1972 Dart Pro Touring Car / Resto mod

-
Getting so close got all trim on and new tinted glass in and vinyl top is on. Wheels fit after final test fitting 18x9 fronts and 20x10 rears. Also got vintage ac put in, the ac part not hooked up yet just defrost and heat.

Attachments

• image-3119181761.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 2,628
  • image-436533259.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 2,329
I like it. The wheels look right at home.

:happy1:

Very nice! I like the wheels man, can't wait to see it on new rubber and cruisin' around!

Well it's break time for a couple weeks while i build a new home for the dart so it can free up space in dads garage

Attachments

• image-4271616610.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,033
I know for a fact you have pictures of this car with wheels on that you need to share with the FABO community. Sharing is caring dude.

I need some better ones, I raised the rear so it sits 1.5 inches higher than the front, seems to look lot better. I'll update some here soon.

At the moment still needs interior and then exhaust and then time to tear drive and work out the kinks!

Attachments

• image-3285173015.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 904
  • image-232082889.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 887
  • image-2094575146.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 899
These are a little better got new center caps too!

Attachments

• image-3688120973.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 852
  • image-4100205403.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 880
  • image-4228046511.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 847
Looks great. Are you going to goodguys in columbus this weekend?

Maybe Friday, car still needs exhaust and interior and then some test driving.

Glad you made it, It was real nice hanging out with you Friday and Saturday, I'm glad you spent all those late nights spent working on the car so you could get it to the Show. Car turned out great.

It looks fantastic and it is.

Thanks for bringing it to the FABO tent at the Nat's Gavin.

Do it again next year.

It was great meeting all of you! Yes was worth every hour I didn't sleep all week for the weekend! Let me know if you guys have any other gatherings I'll be looking for some reasons to take a road trip somewhere!

Orangebeast

I enjoyed reading through your build. There is so many things you have done that I really want to do my self. Its a bit intimidating to me though. Like what you did with suspension for the rear end. Oh and the rack and pinion modification.

Right now, im installing a T56 in my 67 Dart. Could you tell me which clutch kit you used please? I have an 360 engine and a 94 Camaro transmission. I was thinking to buy a Camaro clutch kit and drilling mounting holes for it in the Dodge flywheel.

Louwtjie

Thanks mopar_muscle! I saw you made your own bell housing! That's sweet! Any way what you need is a 360 fly wheel and pressure plate and just find a 10.5 inch camaro clutch disc. Nothing really that special, I went through American Powertrain but should of shopped around and prob found the stuff cheaper.

Thanks for the info orangebeast. I bought a standard Camaro clutch but the clutch disk springs was very lanrge. It interfered and didn't fit into the 360 flywheel. So i sent it back and exchanged it with a stage 4 clutch disk with no springs. I hope this will fit right. Ill post pics on my thread as soon as I get it.

Thank you

Louwtjie

I'll post some pics of my set up when I pull it out again, having some squealing issues trying to figure out, so it'll be out again soon

-
Back