1972 demon barn find

-
Picked her up today and holy **** looks like we got this car for a steal! The body is super straight...needs floor pan, little trunk pan, both quarter needs to be replaced from what I see a lot of bondo...but other than that it has little rust under it. Still has the factory 225 straight 6 still has the trunk spare tag and also the v6 tag inside the engine bay. All in all for $950 I'm freakin excited! Had the original demon fender tags and even the demon tags on the doors!

Picked her up today and holy **** looks like we got this car for a steal! The body is super straight...needs floor pan, little trunk pan, both quarter needs to be replaced from what I see a lot of bondo...but other than that it has little rust under it. Still has the factory 225 straight 6 still has the trunk spare tag and also the v6 tag inside the engine bay. All in all for $950 I'm freakin excited! Had the original demon fender tags and even the demon tags on the doors!

v6 tag? what are the demon tags on the doors? are you going to put up any pics?

v6 tag? what are the demon tags on the doors? are you going to put up any pics?

The straight six emissions tag and the demon tags are just a badge onthe doors that has the demon on it. I got a picture of it and I'll load them up tonight hopefully I'm on my phone so I can't upload them

Here we go lol i downloaded an app for it!

Attachments

• image-3130311804.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 279
  • image-1889057157.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 257
  • image-3366531610.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 252
  • image-201313084.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 268
  • image-3298253508.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 272
  • image-506151513.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 264
  • image-3751734032.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 278
  • image-3238504904.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 278
  • image-2018818242.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 273
  • image-3958895415.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 274
  • image-3327074702.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 276
  • image-1988073656.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 263
picking up the 340s and 360 and the trannys on sunday! Got a hint that seeings how my high rise intake turned out being off a T/A challenger or AAR cuda that a 70 T/A or AAR block with be there also...so needless to say im freaking stoked to go find whatevers in this barn cause i was told back in the 80s the old man had about 80k worth of mopar parts in his garage

Anyone know how i can figure out what rear gears i have? Its a 225ci slant 6 3 speed car

I'd be curious to know what the history of the woman/car was as to why she had a demon just sitting in the garage, and all those extra motors.

If its got a /6 in it they did some work to get it in there, as its not a direct replacement for a 340 if thats what you think was in there originally. I may have missed it, but have you decoded the vin to find out what was in there originally or is the 340 just a guess (not knowing the history of Demons altogether...that may be a dumb question).

Welcome to the board. Nice great car for a great price. Look forward to seeing what your plans are with this demon.

Aj

adamsredlines said:
I'd be curious to know what the history of the woman/car was as to why she had a demon just sitting in the garage, and all those extra motors.

If its got a /6 in it they did some work to get it in there, as its not a direct replacement for a 340 if thats what you think was in there originally. I may have missed it, but have you decoded the vin to find out what was in there originally or is the 340 just a guess (not knowing the history of Demons altogether...that may be a dumb question).

No Adam I'm getting the motors from another lady lol in west Texas. The 225ci straight 6 is the original that was put in the car...but the 340 was an option. This lady had it from her husband who passed away same with the lady with the motors. The guy was building motors I think for dirt track...but looks like we may have a 70 AAR block

Why do you think you have an AAR engine block, because it has a 340-6 casting on the side? If that's why, you can settle down, it's not a 6 pack block. :)

A T/A block has T.A. in the casting number. If you have that then you could list the vin and see if the car is still alive somewhere. Be a good way to get some cash for your build.

posting the first 5 digits of the VIN # on the passenger side pan rail will tell all. a lot of he said she said doesnt necessarily make it so. just sayin'

-
Back