1972 Dodge Colt

-
Yea, I took the Lancer last year (in the rain!) and will take the Colt if they hold the show.

Yea, I took the Lancer last year (in the rain!) and will take the Colt if they hold the show.

I talked to you last year.... I was an E body judge....we have approval from Rockwall to have the show this year, registration is open on the Dallas Mopar Club web site...
Cool Lancer....

Back at it. Header work. Very slow and tedious.
IMG_0160.JPG
IMG_0161.JPG

Got the front set finished today. Thank goodness for header wrap, it looks like Frankenstein now with the tube jogs to clear the Webers. Now for the back set. I hope they look better, but I doubt it.
IMG_0164.JPG

Working on various other projects. I did get the passenger side spindle off today to polish it and fix the countersunk steering arm mount screws. These pictures show the puller used to remove the ball joints. Weird stuff, but state of the art in 1973. Strange spindles and Vega ball joints.
IMG_0184.JPG

gotta make it go faster...it's lighter and SMOOTH...less wind resistance.(for what little may get down there but every bit helps).
other than a smart aleck comment, it looks good Stan!

Thanks for your message.
It was pretty crude, this way if something starts to happen, maybe I will see it before it's a BIG problem.
I was looking at Bogart Wheels last night. Maybe I should start a poll, Super Tricks, Brushed Centerlines, or Flys?
Super Tricks, they were on the car.
Centerlines, like a trick, cheaper.
Flys, just a Bad *** Wheel!
upload_2020-7-13_9-56-36.png

My vote is for the Super Tricks, they are more period correct for the era of the car.

Thanks for your message.
It was pretty crude, this way if something starts to happen, maybe I will see it before it's a BIG problem.
I was looking at Bogart Wheels last night. Maybe I should start a poll, Super Tricks, Brushed Centerlines, or Flys?
Super Tricks, they were on the car.
Centerlines, like a trick, cheaper.
Flys, just a Bad *** Wheel!
View attachment 1715560733
Flys....I have had Weld Draglites on my Dart for over twenty five years now looking for a change also.

Thanks BVoelzke. I have the Draglites on the Colt, But other than they are shiny, I don't like them. And a PIA to clean around all the holes. I should photoshop the flys and see what it would look like.

Made yet another front motor plate, I lowered the front of the engine 1/2 inch. Need to make sure it's correct before I cut the aluminum plate. Built a number of mid plate brackets to fit to my mid frame tube. After I tack a few brackets I am going to remove the motor and get the starter fitted.
I sold my Lincoln Wire Feed welder, never could get get good with it. Going to upgrade to a TIG welder. In the meantime I started using my Miller AC/DC welder, man that thing works good! It's funny with a auto darkening helmet, 2.5 glasses, and all of a sudden I am a decent welder!
IMG_0204.JPG
IMG_0206.JPG

Good idea, I will check with the Lincoln dealer next time I go into the "big" city.

-
Back