-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Kid

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have the remains of a 1973 Duster 340, 4 spd, sunroof, folding seat car. It appears that this is a very rare optioned model. Fender tag reads: Engine E55 Trans D21. In an article in Mopar Muscle Magazine on line, there is a similar car that the article states is 1 of only 40 so equipped. The good: The sunroof is in good shape and operates well, the 4 spd hump and clutch pedals are there. The hardware for the folding seat and trunk panel, the plastic wheelwell covers with only one small crack at the bottom, and the interior trim is all there. All the glass is good. It does have a vin tag and fender tag. The bad:There is no suspension or drivetrain. No seats or headliner. The body is repairable but rough. Quarter bottoms have been patched, the floorboards and right trunk drop off need replacing, and the left front subframe and bar mount are rotted. The rust spots seen on the main body are surface rust only. Pictures tell most of the story. I do have the doors with door panels and front bumper. I have been offered $200 for the hump and pedals, $200 for the sunroof, and still have doors, glass, trim, and scrap value. I would much rather see someone make use of this car instead of parting it. I will sell the whole thing for $800. Located in RI. Any POLITE input is appreciated.

Attachments

• 73 Duster 001.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 856
  • 73 Duster 002.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 863
  • 73 Duster 008.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 853
  • 73 Duster 012.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 835
  • 73 Duster 020.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 851
1973 Duster VIN #
VS29H3B270157
Please let me know if my description of the car matches the VIN

VS29H3B270157
Vehicle Model: Valiant/Duster/Scamp
Vehicle Class: Special Price Class (Duster 340,Barracuda Cuda)
Vehicle Body Style: 2 Door Sports Hardtop
Vehicle Engine: 340 CID/240 HP 4 BBL V8
Vehicle Year: 1973
Vehicle Assembly Plant: Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA
Assembly Sequence Number: 270157

its definitely worth saving.
340,4 speed ,sunroof.

its alot of work but!!
73 parts are still easy to find and cheaper than 70/71.

DO YOU HAVE A TITLE??

Titles are not required in RI for cars over 10 yrs old. It would just be a bill of sale. I could arrange a RI dealer's bill of sale if it would be accepted in your state.

Glad to see it up off the ground Bob! That's a big improvement on it's own.

let me tell you. all these guys on this site will tell you to save it, and that it is rare......... and yaddy,yaddy,....................... but it will winde up being parted , as most will not want to make the trip for it!. you will see!

good luck with the sale.

I wish someone would take it. I have to move it before the neighbors complain. I'll give it till the end of the week and then the sawzall comes out!

I wish I didn't just spend your asking price on one in southern Ga. !!!!

Yours is not only closer but a much better head start in the direction I want to take it in.

Sorry Bob...lol. Already close to capacity with cars and that one's just too much for me. I'd be cutting it up. If you do, I have a section of rear frame rail I could use for the Demon.

Do you have a pic of the fender tag too? My dad had a 73 340 4 speed with a sunroof and I have the dealer order thing for it that has all the options along with a pic of a fender tag of the car you referred to at the top as the 1 of 40 duster.

He prob. didnt mean it was the first of the 40. Just that this is one of those 40.
Then again, you never know. I can't stop thinking about this car, If I had 1000 for fuel and a truck with a trailor I would be on my way..

He prob. didnt mean it was the first of the 40. Just that this is one of those 40.
Then again, you never know. I can't stop thinking about this car, If I had 1000 for fuel and a truck with a trailor I would be on my way..

Ya I know, you can probably count with 2 hands how many of these cars are left so there is no telling haha.

Would like to hear more about this car and what has happened to it. Did it suffer the fate of a "Sawsall?" Has it been saved and set up somewhere for a later project? Has it been bought whole and moved to another location somewhere across the states? Are there parts availiable to be bought? Hate to see it parted, but could use a lot of the parts myself. Would've loved to buy it whole, but in same situation as most that have replied to the post.

Let us know more...!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back